Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Friends had a youngish pony/cobbie thing on loan a couple years ago off of a "friend". It came on loads, juts doing more stuff generally plus all the pc stuff. Anyhow a few months down the road, the night before theu were going off on holiday, the owner calls and says shes coming to pick him up a little later in the week..understandably they were a little put out, but didn't make a fuss and just thought "oh well".

They don't have fb but when they came back from hols they were informed and shown by another friend that the owner was slating them on fb- something along the liens of "Poor boy! Look what they've done to him, I won't be loaning a horse again..watch out they are now pn the look out for another pony to wreck"

there were photos..of course "the bit was upside down and the wrong way round" I know for a fact and so do at least 3 other instuctors that the bit had been on properly, as is shown by photos they have of them riding and competing the pony.

The absolute biscuit of it all was the pic accompanied by the comment "this is neglect, look how fat they have let him get-he is now obese!" ...what was the photo of? A stocky little chap stuffing his face with a bucketful of food "now hes back home and being properly cared for"

some people are idiots and others are just plain nasty...surprise surprise she sold him on for a fair bit about a month laterand hes doing brilliantly

[59668]

Visit site
I love looking at Kent Equestrian Grapevine. Hilarious. I honestly don't know how some of those people get themselves out of bed in the morning. They seem barely able to string together a sentence!

The thing that really gets to me is that no matter how ridiculous the post, other people of a similar IQ seem to actually reply like it's serious!

Oh and posts that are for something like a shaving fork covered in poo for sale for £3 or something - and people will actually buy it! Or funnier still say something like "I'll give you £2 hun".

Ugh and the use of the word "hun" makes me want to gouge out my own eyes!

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Dragonsleighbells- how could you do that to a poor kid! She could of been doing you a favour and schooled your horse up to psg. Meaney!!!

I know! How mean was I, eh? :p

Oh, then there was the bloke who called me, suggesting I drop his daughter and pony off at a local show with my brand new trailer as they had a 'transport issue' (I wasn't going to the show that day) and leave it, unattended....

Never did get to know his name and I blasted the friend who had passed my number on!

OH went nuts...

WelshD

Visit site
I've sold quite a few items on Facebook, the number of people who want you to drive 20 miles in your gas guzzling 4x4 to deliver them a £5 item that they have haggled for is unreal. Nearly as many people as want you to hold your item till their pay day, again an item costing £5 then you see on their page that they went on the razz at the weekend living it up. I've also trusted people to pay only to have them sell my item on without ever paying me!

Hoof_Prints

Visit site
Reading these keeps making me remember posts I've seen on fb!
Another one from about 6 weeks back.
"Desperately need a heavyweight 6'3 rug for clipped horse"
So, they didn't think to get the rug before they clipped the horse...??
Also there's two well stocked tack shops within a 5 mile radius of the person.

Greylegs

Visit site
I just love the ones where someone wants an opinion on a horse/their riding etc and end their post with something like "no nasty comments please" when there simply isn't anything polite to say!!!

Lucyloo25

Visit site
I saw one recently, a girl selling her 'school master horse' at the age of 5, conditions of sale.. He must stay on current yard or one within a 5 mile radius so she can visit weekly to check he is okay. Also in the conditions of her sale she is allowed to turn up at any point for a ride as he is her baby and she loves him dearly.
When asked if it was a loan rather than sale she stated it is definitely a sale, £6,000 for the darling horse she has to sell him as he is too good for her (she prefers a challenge), but she wants to visit weekly for lessons with her instructor.

I am sure he is never going to sell if she is serious!

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I just love the ones where someone wants an opinion on a horse/their riding etc and end their post with something like "no nasty comments please" when there simply isn't anything polite to say!!!

I've taken to being quite mean and replying 'I have nothing to say in that case'. I'm sure I'm blocked by half the population of facebook!

Saw recently, wanted saddle, must be quite wide as its for a cob, no more than £60!!!!!!!

I think we're on the same group. Drives me mad the people expecting the world for 5p.

I had an argument with someone the other day about whether a hackamore is a bit or a noseband (the latter, you idiot) and she's since been all over FB slating me.

And just seen a post of someone wanting a pony moved 70 miles for less than £50. Sigh.

charlie76

Visit site
A saw a post with a 'fund me' link. Poster wanted people to contribute money to pay off her last months livery as she had defaulted on paying it and didn't want to have to sell her horse, think I might try that!!

Rhodders

Visit site
A saw a post with a 'fund me' link. Poster wanted people to contribute money to pay off her last months livery as she had defaulted on paying it and didn't want to have to sell her horse, think I might try that!![/QUOTE
Really - I might have a go at that one too :eek:

starryeyed

Visit site
There was one on a local FB group fairly recently where someone was trying to sell their "used but good condition" (pretty terrible looking) plastic horse keyring, for £7.50, "must go ASAP!!! / must go by Sunday 6pm" and collection only, no timewasters.
And she tried for months.
And months.

Annagain

Visit site
There's one girl on a Facebook group I'm on and she's makes me despair. She started off selling a 4yr old very poor example of a Section D stallion for £3k. Apparently he was very quiet and could live with mares(!) and she was only selling him as she had no time due to a new part time college course. He got reduced and reduced, then advertised for loan then free to a good home. Then she advertised him as a gelding to a good home for the price of the gelding, before asking people if they had a stable she could borrow (free) for 6 weeks for him to recover from the gelding as her vet wouldn't do it if he lived out. (I bet if someone had lent her a stable she would have dumped him and they'd never see her again!) I'm not sure what happened to him in the end but in the 6 months since she's put out about 3 wanted ads and another three selling the horses she got though the wanted ads and blaming the people who responded to her wanted ads (who are still on the group) for miss-selling the horses. The latest is her "horse of a lifetime" which she's had six weeks and is selling because the mare has arthritis and can't jump more than a metre. Apparently the seller didn't tell her this when selling her - except seller has responded to say she told her all this and encouraged her to get horse vetted for the purpose the girl said she was buying her for - hacking!

kassieg

Visit site
i have just seen a fantastic 1 of someone wanting a free field to put their pony in or free livery :|

the other 1s that irritate me are people looking for horses wanting something really decent & you think they will have a good budget of like 7k ish & they say 2500 & its like are you really going to insult everyone who are trying to sell their horses at the price they are actually worth

marmalade76

Visit site
This one young girl who is known and has been chucked off a couple yards, is not very experienced, obsessed with Justin Bieber (She at one point had her job as "Justin Bieber's Bed - classy right?!?) is constantly looking for horses to "join her team" constantly makes up stores about her mare and about how she "rescued" her from an awful state. And recently bought a 5 year old warmblood mare bred for show jumping 1.10 tracks.. wonder how quickly it is 'till she sells this one or gets thrown from it..

Ha ha! I know the one you mean!

Saw one that made me a bit cross yesterday, someone advertising their 10 year old dog for sale for £50 >:-/

Batgirl

Visit site
i have just seen a fantastic 1 of someone wanting a free field to put their pony in or free livery :|

the other 1s that irritate me are people looking for horses wanting something really decent & you think they will have a good budget of like 7k ish & they say 2500 & its like are you really going to insult everyone who are trying to sell their horses at the price they are actually worth
God this, I got a right fb lashing for suggesting a girls £2000 budget for a description of something that wouldn't go for less than £6000!

maisie06

Visit site
One advertising for headcollars, lead ropes, rugs and feed as she had gained another "rescue" and was struggling to keep the ones she already has as "my benefits won't stretch to 4 horses"

One wanting a free field to keep 3 colts in - must be securely fenced with running water and a shelter

What planet are these people on?!

Tern

Visit site
Oh and posts that are for something like a shaving fork covered in poo for sale for £3 or something".

I would still buy, i'd just wash it?! :p Shavings forks are blimmin expensive!

Reading these keeps making me remember posts I've seen on fb!
Another one from about 6 weeks back.
"Desperately need a heavyweight 6'3 rug for clipped horse"
So, they didn't think to get the rug before they clipped the horse...??

There was a similar one on one of my local groups, turned out person had bought the horse and had it delivered without knowing it was going to be clipped and it came without tack/rugs + her other horse's rugs were far too big.

I saw one recently, a girl selling her 'school master horse' at the age of 5, conditions of sale.. He must stay on current yard or one within a 5 mile radius so she can visit weekly to check he is okay. Also in the conditions of her sale she is allowed to turn up at any point for a ride as he is her baby and she loves him dearly.
When asked if it was a loan rather than sale she stated it is definitely a sale, £6,000 for the darling horse she has to sell him as he is too good for her (she prefers a challenge), but she wants to visit weekly for lessons with her instructor.

I am sure he is never going to sell if she is serious!

*cough* Shwmae and their lovely ponies.. one of the adverts for a honestly, cute mare states that a contract is to be put in place so that the mare HAS to be sold back to the silly girl for an agreed price put on contract?!

Ha ha! I know the one you mean!

So glad I am not the only one who knows her! The chestnut comment she made the other day really peeved me off if you saw it.. I made a lovely comment back! ;)

marmalade76

Visit site
I would still buy, i'd just wash it?! :p Shavings forks are blimmin expensive!

There was a similar one on one of my local groups, turned out person had bought the horse and had it delivered without knowing it was going to be clipped and it came without tack/rugs + her other horse's rugs were far too big.

*cough* Shwmae and their lovely ponies.. one of the adverts for a honestly, cute mare states that a contract is to be put in place so that the mare HAS to be sold back to the silly girl for an agreed price put on contract?!

So glad I am not the only one who knows her! The chestnut comment she made the other day really peeved me off if you saw it.. I made a lovely comment back! ;)

Oooh, didn't see that one, will have to have a look. Last I saw of her she had a budget of £12k to buy a lorry, either she's really jammy or she's telling fibs again. Which group / pot was that on??

Yes, that ad did spring to mind when I read the terms on the earlier post, surely no one will buy it on those terms?

Last edited:

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
There's currently a post on my local 'Free and Cheap horsey stuff' group.

It reads: 'For sale, loan or would swap for a welsh section C or D mare.' With a picture of an obese coloured cob(?) grazing under it. No age. No height. No gender. No breed/type. No info about what it has done or how much it's for sale for. Nothing about how it loads/travels/clips/farrier. Gah. Head desk!

Tern

Visit site
Oooh, didn't see that one, will have to have a look. Last I saw of her she had a budget of £12k to buy a lorry, either she's really jammy or she's telling fibs again. Which group / pot was that on??

Yes, that ad did spring to mind when I read the terms on the earlier post, surely no one will buy it on those terms?

I hope no one buys the poor mare.. or says they will sign the contract at home and never do it.. :)

Yes, I forgot about the lorry.. I'll try and fine the post - it was on GHR and then i'll send you the link in PM.

blowsbubbles

Visit site
There was one on a local FB group fairly recently where someone was trying to sell their "used but good condition" (pretty terrible looking) plastic horse keyring, for £7.50, "must go ASAP!!! / must go by Sunday 6pm" and collection only, no timewasters.
And she tried for months.
And months.

Haha haha that is hilarious. Surely after all that time you were tempted? She didn't state 'no timewasters' so you could of excited her for a few days you were going to buy it ;-)