Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

dibbin

Visit site
Saw one this morning - horse for sale advert posted, no price in the ad but plenty of other info, owner says to PM for more details.

First comment: "how much??"
Owner replies: "can you send a PM please."
Commenter: "well I don't know if I'm buying just curious how much"

Either send a PM if you're that curious, or go kick someone else's tyres!

(For the record, adverts without prices do annoy me)

*Sahara

Visit site
Saw one this morning - horse for sale advert posted, no price in the ad but plenty of other info, owner says to PM for more details.

First comment: "how much??"
Owner replies: "can you send a PM please."
Commenter: "well I don't know if I'm buying just curious how much"

Either send a PM if you're that curious, or go kick someone else's tyres!

(For the record, adverts without prices do annoy me)

Same here.

hairycob

Visit site
There was one yesterday on alocal page - horse has been on/off lame for some time, had been transported to another yard & was now very lame with a swollen leg (& I think it was hot as well). Wanted people to tell her what was wrong with the horse as she couldn't afford a vet. Got told by many people that she needed to speak to a vet not randoms on Facebook. Moaned that she wasn't afer a diagnosis, just someone tto tell her what was wrong! Thread then disappeared.

dibbin

Visit site
There was one yesterday on alocal page - horse has been on/off lame for some time, had been transported to another yard & was now very lame with a swollen leg (& I think it was hot as well). Wanted people to tell her what was wrong with the horse as she couldn't afford a vet. Got told by many people that she needed to speak to a vet not randoms on Facebook. Moaned that she wasn't afer a diagnosis, just someone tto tell her what was wrong! Thread then disappeared.

There was one very similar to that on one of my local pages this morning ... *shakes head*

hannahlow

Visit site
This one young girl who is known and has been chucked off a couple yards, is not very experienced, obsessed with Justin Bieber (She at one point had her job as "Justin Bieber's Bed - classy right?!?) is constantly looking for horses to "join her team" constantly makes up stores about her mare and about how she "rescued" her from an awful state. And recently bought a 5 year old warmblood mare bred for show jumping 1.10 tracks.. wonder how quickly it is 'till she sells this one or gets thrown from it..

I so know who this is!! Pahahaha!!

EQUIDAE

Visit site
I've had a reply to my ad along these lines again

Hi. Your horse sounds fantastic but you are a 30 minute drive from me. Would you consider moving her to a yard that is walking distance from my house?

This is despite me offering a free loan with no jobs or cash and my horses are kept at home... So I'm expected to drive 30 mins each way, twice a day, to see to my horse so you can ride for free?? Erm no thanks...

Spilletta

Visit site

This is despite me offering a free loan with no jobs or cash and my horses are kept at home... So I'm expected to drive 30 mins each way, twice a day, to see to my horse so you can ride for free?? Erm no thanks...

I really want to know how that person's mind works. It's completely baffling (along with most of the other examples on this thread). Leaves me speechless!

*Sahara

Visit site

wtf I can not fathom this person :confused3:

Beausmate

Visit site
What puzzles me, is what is going through the minds of people who actually provide these poor, deluded souls with what they are asking for.

Not horsey and not facebook, but a bloke posted on a car forum that he wanted an original stereo for his car (ok so far), but he wanted it for nothing (might have got one that worked, but a bit tatty), in excellent condition (ha!) and he didn't want to have to pay postage (really?), nor did he have time to collect (cheeky!).

There were plenty of 'you avin a laugh, mate?' type posts, then someone actually offered to send one to him, at their own expense. Barmy :D

only_me

Visit site
Saw a good one today. Doubt they will get one!!

Wanted: 15-16h ONLY but can be mare or gelding. Must be riding but very quiet and suitable for novice. Must also be able to jump. Will mainly be used for hacking and pleasure but needs to have some ability to compete at lower levels if rider wants to.
Amazing home offered. Budget £350.

I actually laughed out loud at this one :p

Last edited:

jlh

Visit site
Just seen some with this ad...
'Anyone wants to swap? got a 16.1 7yo draught X tb mare'
She wants to swap her mare for a mare, same age and height. Someone dared to ask her if she thought the mare was just a commodity and why she was swapping for the same thing. She got nothing but abuse from the OP and her friend. Apparently she has no time for this mare with her other 4 horses but wants another. I cannot believe what I'm reading sometimes.

EQUIDAE

Visit site
Here's one for you - great opportunity or do they just want slave labour?

Screenshot_2016-01-10-18-18-45.png

dibbin

Visit site
Saw a good one today. Doubt they will get one!!

Wanted: 15-16h ONLY but can be mare or gelding. Must be riding but very quiet and suitable for novice. Must also be able to jump. Will mainly be used for hacking and pleasure but needs to have some ability to compete at lower levels if rider wants to.
Amazing home offered. Budget £350.

I actually laughed out loud at this one :p

Think they were missing a zero off that?!

I saw one today, woman who had "rescued" a horse and was looking for free/cheap stuff for it. Basic things, like a headcollar, haynets and rugs ... it clearly didn't come from a proper charity as presumably they wouldn't rehome to someone who couldn't afford to keep the poor thing!

It really annoys me seeing people who have "rescued" a horse (ie. bought one cheap that's a bit skinny) and then expect everyone and their granny to pitch in to help them feed and clothe it. If you can't afford a horse, don't have one. Rant over, back to the Facebook weirdos ... :p

only_me

Visit site
Think they were missing a zero off that?!

I saw one today, woman who had "rescued" a horse and was looking for free/cheap stuff for it. Basic things, like a headcollar, haynets and rugs ... it clearly didn't come from a proper charity as presumably they wouldn't rehome to someone who couldn't afford to keep the poor thing!

It really annoys me seeing people who have "rescued" a horse (ie. bought one cheap that's a bit skinny) and then expect everyone and their granny to pitch in to help them feed and clothe it. If you can't afford a horse, don't have one. Rant over, back to the Facebook weirdos ... :p

I thought they had perhaps left a 0 off too... Until I took another look at their ad. They've actually updated their budget. It's now £450...!

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
This one is interesting. Checked by whom exactly?

"A friend of mine is potentially looking for somewhere she can turn away her gelding. He has been turned out in a herd before and was fine, but he is the dominant one. He isn't shod, up to date with vaccinations and worming, facilities not needed, just a big field with water and grass where he can rest for a while.
She won't be able to get down everyday so will need to be checked."

tiga71

Visit site
I have actually joined some just to read the rubbish that some people put up. But they annoy me so much that I either have to leave the group or I get banned for not keeping my mouth shut.

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I saw someone offering a 2.5yr old cob for share, 20 a week. It looked more like a yearling. When questioned, the person who was advertising for a friend said they could come and brush it.

£20 a week was to be paid by the sharer for the privilege of brushing a horse, just to be clear 😂

Mince Pie

Visit site
"Exceptionally well bred and talented dressage horses, 17hh +, both mares and geldings from youngsters to advanced. Serious horses with very bright futures so ambitious, dedicated and competent person sought.
Rare and exciting chance for a talented rider to train and eventually compete up to two horses. Must be capable of riding all levels preferably up to medium/advanced medium however for the right rider this is not essential. Weekly training included.
Must not be over 13stone.

Only serious enquiries. NO time wasters.

Cost of £80pw which will go towards care and running of the horses. "

Can't make my mind up on this one...brilliant opportunity for someone with loads of cash wanting to compete and maybe don't want their own horse....but my other thoughts are....Put your damn horse on competition livery or pay a pro to compete it! Thoughts?

Weekly training included for 2 horses would be around the £60 market in lessons so I'd be interested in this especially as it doesn't seem to include any chores.

Visit site
Here's one for you - great opportunity or do they just want slave labour?

Screenshot_2016-01-10-18-18-45.png

That one did make me laugh! And the fact that she got replies! It's just up the road from me, might go scope it out :p

What it also tells me is that you have so much stuff running on your phone that you could easily be hacked and have a load of info nicked! Plus your battery will be running down way quicker than it should.

Tern

Visit site
What it also tells me is that you have so much stuff running on your phone that you could easily be hacked and have a load of info nicked! Plus your battery will be running down way quicker than it should.

Bluetooth runs your battery down like billy o. Does anyone even use bluetooth nowadays?! And lord knows what else you have running on there Equidae - I don't even recognise half the symbols. :D

Mince Pie

Visit site
I thought most people were happy to do chores in exchange for rides? That's how I did things as a kid, worked in the riding school a couple of days a week and get an hours lesson on each of the days worked?