Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
See I wouldn't read it like that at all, I've a couple of friends whose event horses have been off games heading towards the season, they live for eventing and they have had no issue getting rides from other people who want their horses out and getting a record but can't do it themselves/
And no, neither had been ragged round XC to be off games.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
ETA though the ads read more like they need an experienced horse to take an inexperienced rider up the levels so more likely to blemish a record that create one. I can see the appeal of letting a good rider compete your horse for you. In fact I'd expect to pay for that!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ETA though the ads read more like they need an experienced horse to take an inexperienced rider up the levels so more likely to blemish a record that create one. I can see the appeal of letting a good rider compete your horse for you. In fact I'd expect to pay for that!

Yes we cross posted, these have been more, ok good enough amateur rider with a BE record themselves and not totally straightforward but not tricky either horses, just a bit young/lacking mileage.

follysienna

Visit site
I recently posted an add on facebook looking for something to ride as I'm horseless. I was inundated with people asking me to back, school, ride their rearer/horse that had a history of scaring people. No thank you, not unless you pay me! I stated I was just looking for something to hack. Also had lots of replies from people who don't have time to ride, so got a couple lined up to go and meet soon :)

abbijay

Visit site
Just seen this special one
"Good home wanted for 18 yr old Clydesdale mare. Not been ridden for very long time. be good as companion. If you can't provide a good home please don't waste my time. pm only"
Nothing like a nice encouraging post to make you want to get in touch! No pictures or other information offered.

Cloball

Visit site
I recently posted an add on facebook looking for something to ride as I'm horseless. I was inundated with people asking me to back, school, ride their rearer/horse that had a history of scaring people. No thank you, not unless you pay me! I stated I was just looking for something to hack. Also had lots of replies from people who don't have time to ride, so got a couple lined up to go and meet soon :)

I have done similar before ended up with lovely pony and a horse that needed hacking for perfectly normal reasons. I also had some very odd replies. One by a man offering to clean my riding boots and one by a gentleman who had a 'stallion' that needed a ride (no details about said stallion). I also accidentally ended up as a crash test dummy for a known bolter (unknown to me) who needed completely restarting after putting his novice owner in hospital and several other people (also all unknown to me) definitely not a safe hack who was green in the school.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Just seen this special one
"Good home wanted for 18 yr old Clydesdale mare. Not been ridden for very long time. be good as companion. If you can't provide a good home please don't waste my time. pm only"
Nothing like a nice encouraging post to make you want to get in touch! No pictures or other information offered.

I saw a similar ad - wanting a loan or share - NO TIMEWASTERS!!! Hmmm I'll pass.

And one a few weeks ago that basically said "I'm selling my horse (I must be mad) she's amazing so you better be an amazing home because I can't even believe I am letting her go so don;t waste my time if you aren't seriously interested and good enough to have her." Or words to that effect. Doubt the phone was ringing off the hook for that one!

Annagain

Visit site
I saw one yesterday , a riding school selling a pony as he wasn't really suited to a riding school and didn't like lots of different riders (fair enough). They also said he was very difficult to jump so would suit a small adult who liked to hack and maybe do some flatwork. The ad was accompanied by about 30 photos of said horse jumping and none of anything else :rolleyes3:

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
Yep, I've also seen several of the aged thoroughbreds "free to good home".
& now a 23 yr old cob with arthritis and a possible back problem to be sold to retirement. . . . If you read the comments you discover that the owner can't afford to keep her as an "expensive field ornament"!

Casey76

Visit site
Saw this one today...

.I'm looking for 16hh+. Between ages of 5 to 13. Would love a grey or black but obviously colour is not an issue. Not looking for a cob type, something forward like a TB or Sports horse but breed doesn't matter as long as it's something forward going, something I won't need to kick along. However, must be completely sensible, nothing spooky or dangerous and must be able to hack alone. Would like something that has done a fair bit of jumping as I'm hoping to improve mine, also good experience with XC and/or hunting. Between £1k - £2.5k at the moment but could possibly go higher for the perfect horse.

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
"Looking for suitable horse over 15 hands and willing to pay 1000£ or less . . . . ."

Anyone want to hazard a guess what the horse should be suitable for?

Visit site
Jumping 1m 50 double clears?

Nah it's probably Grand Prix Dressage, puissance, and able to go clear round a badminton too, and HOYS qualified too - but also suitable for a novice 13yo who's only ever ridden kick a long cobs on the lead rein.

Oh, me? A cynic? Never...! ;)

D66

Visit site
Nah it's probably Grand Prix Dressage, puissance, and able to go clear round a badminton too, and HOYS qualified too - but also suitable for a novice 13yo who's only ever ridden kick a long cobs on the lead rein.

Oh, me? A cynic? Never...! ;)

Or, for the 13 yr old who's only ever ridden kick-a-long cob on the lead rein to go round Badminton and compete Grand Prix Dressage, this year.:)

Visit site
Seen today...
"He's not FREE and if u have a negative view then keep it to yourself I'm being as honest as possible

For sale a pony that no one wants ����
Has absolutely NOTHING going for him
He's as ugly as they come.. (to most ) only a mother could love his face!
He's lived in a cow shed most of his life and now thinks he is one ..
he likes to spin and wave at his friends on the way out the gate ��
He's about 14.1 and there is millions for sale at this is height so even that isn't a selling point, he's 5 years old and has better tricks than a 15year old apart from this he is pretty oblivious to the world!
He is clumsy fall over his own feet walk into the hedge won't stand still on the way home .
He is passported and chipped his teeth and back are done,
He maybe better in company
He's got the worst down hill conformation ��
He is good in the school
He is good In Traffic if u can ride him that far out the gate,
He's also good to box, brilliant to handle bath catch lead ect.
Has no balls no vagina not sure what he would be good for other than a pet or project!
He's sold from the field as we have to hack straight out the gate and he will want to wave and come home so really no point in trying He's absolutely not nervous or worried about a rider at all .
Ideal for someone who likes a challenge
I'm a dealer and I'm not prepared to put no more effort into him and risk my riders neck
He cost me £650 but I will consider ANY OFFERS or swap

Thanks for taking the time to read this honest advert!"

Well um it's honest lol?

Theocat

Visit site
Seen today...
"He's not FREE and if u have a negative view then keep it to yourself I'm being as honest as possible

He's about 14.1 and there is millions for sale at this is height so even that isn't a selling point, he's 5 years old and has better tricks than a 15year old apart from this he is pretty oblivious to the world!
He is clumsy fall over his own feet walk into the hedge won't stand still on the way home .
He is good in the school
Has no balls no vagina not sure what he would be good for other than a pet or project!
He's sold from the field as we have to hack straight out the gate and he will want to wave and come home so really no point in trying He's absolutely not nervous or worried about a rider at all .
I'm a dealer and I'm not prepared to put no more effort into him and risk my riders neck

Well um it's honest lol?

I saw that one. I suspect she'll shift him quite quickly; the comments I saw were mostly amused and appreciative and someone will be tempted into a project! If he's safe and steady, good in the school and good to handle, he might get picked up by a riding school taking a punt.

cobsarefab

Visit site
Seen today...

He is good in the school

Well um it's honest lol?
I saw that one too and I loved the look of him and thought he had a really nice face. Dad thinks one pony is enough though :D someone offered £100 for him in the comments so I think he'll find a home.

Flicker

Visit site
Friend of mine had a cracking little mare for a while. Her advert read along the lines of ‘would normally be worth xxxxx but for sale at xxxx as she has issues’
Friend was so intrigued that she went to view her, and her issues, established that she could deal with the issues and brought home a jumping machine for a tenth of the cost. The issues were all about behaviour on the ground, which was appalling. Once you were in the saddle she was fabulous.

Visit site
Friend of mine had a cracking little mare for a while. Her advert read along the lines of ‘would normally be worth xxxxx but for sale at xxxx as she has issues’
Friend was so intrigued that she went to view her, and her issues, established that she could deal with the issues and brought home a jumping machine for a tenth of the cost. The issues were all about behaviour on the ground, which was appalling. Once you were in the saddle she was fabulous.

No one's knocking horses for sale cheaply, those selling them, or those who buy them. I have 4 and their combined price is <£650, you can get some lovely animals inexpensively if you read between the lines and are careful. The thread's just for a laugh :)

Flicker

Visit site
No one's knocking horses for sale cheaply, those selling them, or those who buy them. I have 4 and their combined price is <£650, you can get some lovely animals inexpensively if you read between the lines and are careful. The thread's just for a laugh :)

Oh yes, absolutely! If I was in the market for a small horse I would probably be interested enough by the honesty of the ad to go and have a look! It is very refreshing to see a horse advertised that isn&#8217;t &#8216;a saint in all ways&#8217;, with &#8216;three correct paces&#8217; and &#8216;manners to burn&#8217;, &#8216;sadly for sale due to being wasted in current home&#8217; ... or a variation of the same.

Visit site
Oh yes, absolutely! If I was in the market for a small horse I would probably be interested enough by the honesty of the ad to go and have a look! It is very refreshing to see a horse advertised that isn’t ‘a saint in all ways’, with ‘three correct paces’ and ‘manners to burn’, ‘sadly for sale due to being wasted in current home’ ... or a variation of the same.

Especially considering this is from a dealer! (have to say I didn't realise when I first read it.)