Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

conniegirl

Visit site
Dealers do also occasionally get screwed over by seller, a lot less frequently but it does happen.
Or it could have been an unbroken one they took a punt on.
At least the dealer is being honest, the unscrupulous ones would stick it through a sales somewhere

LaurenBay

Visit site
This dealer seems to have a habit of taking on mis sold Horses, not good practice for a dealer. She recently wanted to sell a Horse that she had owned for one day as it bucked her rider off. She slated the Horse and said he was so dangerous, she wasn't wasting money on investigating back/saddle/pain issues as this Horse was just wasting her valuable money by being there and she wanted rid fast. When advised by a few to put the Horse down if he was that dangerous she said she didn't want to waste the money on doing that either. This was last month, low and behold another Horse she has had for a short while she doesn't want.

confirmedponyaddict

Visit site
Has anyone seen the post that's kicking off on Dodgy Dealers? Some people took a horse out of its field because it was very thin and drove off with it! Police then returned it to the owner so was a poitless exercise. I get they were trying to do a good thing but seriously??

WelshD

Visit site
Saw this one earlier on a forum

Someone losing their stabling and needing to reduce numbers offers a Fell pony for sale, 4 years old

Someone replied:

Hello,

would you consider a swap? I have a connemmara gelding, 14 years old, winters out on heathland, but gets a touch of laminitis in spring, so needs poor grazing in the summer. He has cushings, and his reading was 65, only been tested once. Was on prascend but he started bucking in canter in open spaces. He is too much for me to ride if on meds. He only gets lami once in March, and then is ok for the rest of the summer on our small paddock with is poor grassland. I have his papers. I am interested in your fell.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Has anyone seen the post that's kicking off on Dodgy Dealers? Some people took a horse out of its field because it was very thin and drove off with it! Police then returned it to the owner so was a poitless exercise. I get they were trying to do a good thing but seriously??

On the original post on his own page trying to read the very irish comments was quite tricky.

I think there is a whole heap more to that story as it seems they've been checking up on them for a while.

confirmedponyaddict

Visit site
On the original post on his own page trying to read the very irish comments was quite tricky.

I think there is a whole heap more to that story as it seems they've been checking up on them for a while.

Someone got SLATED for suggesting that though. According to them it was a spur of the moment thing...I should point out I'm a very cynical person.

ester

Visit site
I sometimes lack sufficient cynicism.

But the 'we were keeping it until the vet was home so we could take it there' :p seemed odd to me.

ester

Visit site
yup, well he's quite tolerant, and we opened it to check that the pic was what we thought it was didn't we ;). He seems pretty cute too

conniegirl

Visit site
Saw this today
Part loan - want a loaner to help me out with my boy only 1-2 days a week he’s only just turning 3 in April so most work that can be done is lunging at the moment but need someone to help out with general yard duties - he needs someone experienced to help us bring him on

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
Just seen a pony for sale for £300 and one of the questions is . . "Is the price negotiable?"
If you can't afford £300 for the purchase can you afford to keep the pony?

(She's not a companion, but not been ridden for a while so needs to be brought back into work)

teddypops

Visit site
Just seen a pony for sale for £300 and one of the questions is . . "Is the price negotiable?"
If you can't afford £300 for the purchase can you afford to keep the pony?

(She's not a companion, but not been ridden for a while so needs to be brought back into work)

Not necessarily. I viewed a TB priced at £150, I paid £130. He lives the life of luxury and doesn’t want for anything.

Ambers Echo

Visit site
Not necessarily. I viewed a TB priced at £150, I paid £130. He lives the life of luxury and doesn’t want for anything.

Compulsive Haggling Syndrome?! Was the £20 an issue one way or another really?

I found that when I was selling no matter what the price, people would try and reduce. I was selling a pony for a very reasonable £700.
How about £650?
Would you really pay £650 but not £700 for this pony?
Well no, but you've got to try don't you!

Doesn't bother me I just think it is slightly odd. Like that bit in Monty Python in the bazaar where the buyer doesn't haggle and is told he has to. Am I the only person who pays asking price (assuming it's fair) for horses.

teddypops

Visit site
Compulsive Haggling Syndrome?! Was the £20 an issue one way or another really?

I found that when I was selling no matter what the price, people would try and reduce. I was selling a pony for a very reasonable £700.
How about £650?
Would you really pay £650 but not £700 for this pony?
Well no, but you've got to try don't you!

Doesn't bother me I just think it is slightly odd. Like that bit in Monty Python in the bazaar where the buyer doesn't haggle and is told he has to. Am I the only person who pays asking price (assuming it's fair) for horses.

Compulsive haggling syndrome? What are you speaking about? Monty Python?! I was giving an example of just because you pay less than the cheap asking price, doesn’t mean you can’t afford to look after the horse. Said pony wasn’t worth anything at all due to the state he was in and the seller was desperate to sell him, I didn’t really want to buy him but seller was pushing me to have him, so she covered the fuel costs by giving me £20 back. I felt sorry for him and where he might end up so I agreed.
I have never haggled in my life and always pay the full price for everything, unlike when I sell stuff, I have never yet had anyone pay the full price.

Ambers Echo

Visit site

Haha! Yes that;s the one.

Teddypops - no offence intended - I did not know the specific circumstances of you and your TB. Just making a general point about some people always haggling no matter how cheap the price! Glad I am not the only one who pays full price for stuff though. I do agree that the haggling is not necessarily related to ability to pay/look after the horse.

LaurenBay

Visit site
Because it's Essex? Maybe the owner asked a mate for a Hallowe'en unicorn costume for the horse, and the mate thought "this is an chance to have a giraffe..."

Speaking as an Essex girl I can assure you I have never made my mare wear a giant blow up d**k (that is not a sentence I ever thought i'd be writing!)

abbijay

Visit site
"Looking for someone to part loan my horse, serious enquiries only, must have experience with heavy horses. He will be backed to ride during spring/summer."
Do people want to take on chores for unbacked horses and then (I presume) become crash test dummy/school it on? I assumed you would have to pay someone for that! Apparently, 1 month on this person hasn't been found yet.

henmother

Visit site
I thought I had seen it all.

Someone is advertising sheath cleaning services for £20. Happy to travel up to 40miles, more if over 10 horses to do.

Oops , I pay for my boys sheath to be cleaned . She works in one of the local horsey vets as a nurse and has a few horses of her own . He's not naughty but on the off chance, safer for me to pay someone to do the job . She's known locally as the willy washer , something my non horsey friends find hilarious .

Annagain

Visit site
Because it's Essex? Maybe the owner asked a mate for a Hallowe'en unicorn costume for the horse, and the mate thought "this is an chance to have a giraffe..."

Talking of unicorns.... I made my niece a uncorn cake for her birthday this year. It was only after I stood back and looked at the final product I realised there'a a reason why people don't make horns out of pink icing.
F8DgwHs.jpg
:eek3:

Remedial action was taken, although I'm not sure it's much better :redface3:
2Ivk9P1.jpg

Rumtytum

Have Marmite, will travel
Visit site
Talking of unicorns.... I made my niece a uncorn cake for her birthday this year. It was only after I stood back and looked at the final product I realised there'a a reason why people don't make horns out of pink icing.
F8DgwHs.jpg
:eek3:

Remedial action was taken, although I'm not sure it's much better :redface3:
2Ivk9P1.jpg

Annagain you've made me laugh out loud:D. Love them both, and love how you changed their eyes to match, each of them looks like it's on a different hallucinogenic drug, absolutely brilliant! I bet your niece was delighted (she won't have a warped mind like me).

Annagain

Visit site
I had grey icing left over so thought I may as well use it! She loved it but she's 6 so won't see anything but a unicorn.