Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Pippity

Visit site
"I am wanting to find the perfect home for my horse to continue to enjoy his retirement. [...] I will need to vet his new home as that is more important than money to me as xxx has been a very special part of my life and I would like to continue to keep in touch with him. [...] Please only get in touch if you are 100% committed as this is a really hard decision to let him go."

Owner has had him for 14 years, and got LOU payout when they retired him 5 years ago due to hind limb lameness. Oh, and he's got a couple of melanomas. And they're asking for £500.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
"Im looking to buy a horse around 13hh-15hh. Pref broken . £500
Looking for a horse pref broken, for my 12 year old daughter who is a novice rider."

AlDestoor

Visit site
Best one I saw was from a previous psychotic livery yard owner.

She kicked everyone off (thrice times may I add) and the third time no one would go back. Now got a rep... Anyway, I digress...

She put on her facebook "wanted a small pony in return for free livery, owner must let daughter ride the pony and also do all yard duties, in return free livery and use of facilities"

To some this may seem fair but around here, shes notoriously known... She would have expected the horse on full loan but you to do the jobs....

SpringArising

Visit site
"I am wanting to find the perfect home for my horse to continue to enjoy his retirement. [...] I will need to vet his new home as that is more important than money to me as xxx has been a very special part of my life and I would like to continue to keep in touch with him. [...] Please only get in touch if you are 100% committed as this is a really hard decision to let him go."

Owner has had him for 14 years, and got LOU payout when they retired him 5 years ago due to hind limb lameness. Oh, and he's got a couple of melanomas. And they're asking for £500.

Oh the ones where they have the cheek to say they'll vet the home and are asking for money for a horse no one on this earth would want really grate on me!

Visit site
One has just appeared asking for people to give the girl £2k to buy a pony with! She has had to retire her dangerous pony after it plonked her in hospital again and has another on loan that she wants to buy but can't afford to.

So that's where Joe Public comes in! A just giving page to buy her her pony!

Eh naw!

sasquatch

Visit site
One has just appeared asking for people to give the girl £2k to buy a pony with! She has had to retire her dangerous pony after it plonked her in hospital again and has another on loan that she wants to buy but can't afford to.

Eh naw!

maybe I should do that, anyone fancy a share in an amateur eventer who may never actually go out eventing? :D

Sheep

Visit site
I keep seeing one, it is constantly deleted and reposted, sometimes the horse is for sale, sometimes it's for loan. It is one of these "huge potential" and "will take you to the top" type nonsense adverts. All I see are videos of a coloured mare carting her rider around, tanking off around jumps, and they are looking £5k for it (it was £4k last week). Never mind timewaster buyers, this looks like a timewaster seller!

only_me

Visit site
There’s a lady on the Facebook page that is currently looking a new horse to add to her collection. For riding and is safe.
Said lady was desperate to find a stable yard for grass livery 3 weeks ago that had to be within 20mins walking distance from house - she lives in a very urban area.

Not surprisingly she struggled and got a lot of flack as she appeared no idea how to afford a horse, as it’s free to keep a horse on a field....

According to her profile she is a horse rider and riding instructor. I seriously hope she isn’t teaching anyone!!

Sheep

Visit site
There’s a lady on the Facebook page that is currently looking a new horse to add to her collection. For riding and is safe.
Said lady was desperate to find a stable yard for grass livery 3 weeks ago that had to be within 20mins walking distance from house - she lives in a very urban area.

Not surprisingly she struggled and got a lot of flack as she appeared no idea how to afford a horse, as it’s free to keep a horse on a field....

According to her profile she is a horse rider and riding instructor. I seriously hope she isn’t teaching anyone!!

Ohh I remember the original one! Must keep an eye out...

Have you seen the one I mentioned above? It has been posted, deleted, and reposted about 3847384 times in the past few weeks.
Maybe it is a nice horse and worth the £5k they are asking, but the videos and photographic evidence suggest otherwise. One week she was selling, the next week she was loaning because she can’t bear to part with the horse, then selling again. All very odd!

only_me

Visit site
Ohh I remember the original one! Must keep an eye out...

Have you seen the one I mentioned above? It has been posted, deleted, and reposted about 3847384 times in the past few weeks.
Maybe it is a nice horse and worth the £5k they are asking, but the videos and photographic evidence suggest otherwise. One week she was selling, the next week she was loaning because she can’t bear to part with the horse, then selling again. All very odd!

Yes! I wasn’t overly convinced on its soundness, and I felt draw reins might be a regular occurance. Not sure why she wants to sell or keeps advertising, Wondered if it was an attention seeking thing and wanted lots of people to coo.

There was a gorgeous 4 or 5 year old dun tbxconnie posted a while ago, about 16h. Very nice horse with reasonable asking price, was well built and scope. I was very tempted, but when I went back onto the page to see ad it had been removed - within 2 hours!! Shame, I really was tempted as would be a brilliant project who’d be easy to sell. Was thinking could be a good summer project lol. I was a bit sad to see the ad had gone!

Sheep

Visit site
Yes! I wasn’t overly convinced on its soundness, and I felt draw reins might be a regular occurance. Not sure why she wants to sell or keeps advertising, Wondered if it was an attention seeking thing and wanted lots of people to coo.

There was a gorgeous 4 or 5 year old dun tbxconnie posted a while ago, about 16h. Very nice horse with reasonable asking price, was well built and scope. I was very tempted, but when I went back onto the page to see ad it had been removed - within 2 hours!! Shame, I really was tempted as would be a brilliant project who’d be easy to sell. Was thinking could be a good summer project lol. I was a bit sad to see the ad had gone!

I think people have got bored of the advert, didn't see any comments on the recent one :D

Awww that's a shame about the one you saw - must have been removed quickly because I never noticed it and I regularly trawl those groups lol

Archangel

Visit site
These FB auction sites worry the hell out of me. All manner of horses bunged up on a short auction and off they go. You look at the profile of some (not all) of the people bidding and think noooooooooo.

The latest is a nice looking mare, intermittently lame but no investigation done but would make a good broodmare (for breeding what hereditary lameness?) last bid and I presume winning bid was for only a few hundred £s. So where has that one gone then? I look forward to seeing this horse up for sale again in a week or so for £6,000.

A few weeks ago - an ex-racer. Sold for no money to someone with a Facebook profile that has no photos of horses, no horsey friends, no indication of previous involvement with horses. It would worry me. Where has that horse gone?

Last edited:

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
I think I need a translation for this one :D

"Horses & Ponies Wanted
Instent dictions made
Good homes found only
Opportunity to stay in contact
Must be 2 years+
Unbroken or broken
No privet prices
Speedy collection
No full TB's"

Abi90

Visit site
Seen someone trying to crowd fund a second pony as she’s had to retire her current pony due to health issues, instead of saving up like the rest of us have to she wants her friends and family to give her the money to buy this pony because she wants it now!!

Abi90

Visit site

Eh naw!

That’s the one I’ve seen, do I know you EKW?

ihatework

Visit site
Seen someone trying to crowd fund a second pony as she’s had to retire her current pony due to health issues, instead of saving up like the rest of us have to she wants her friends and family to give her the money to buy this pony because she wants it now!!

It worked for Jonty :D

9tails

Visit site
These FB auction sites worry the hell out of me. All manner of horses bunged up on a short auction and off they go. You look at the profile of some (not all) of the people bidding and think noooooooooo.

The latest is a nice looking mare, intermittently lame but no investigation done but would make a good broodmare (for breeding what hereditary lameness?) last bid and I presume winning bid was for only a few hundred £s. So where has that one gone then? I look forward to seeing this horse up for sale again in a week or so for £6,000.

A few weeks ago - an ex-racer. Sold for no money to someone with a Facebook profile that has no photos of horses, no horsey friends, no indication of previous involvement with horses. It would worry me. Where has that horse gone?

On the back of this, There are a couple of dealers on there that regularly start an auction with an end time then extend as "you're still bidding". Hang on, the end time is the end time. You don't see this on eBay so how come it's happening on a horse auction page?

xDundryx

Visit site
I think I need a translation for this one :D

"Horses & Ponies Wanted
Instent dictions made
Good homes found only
Opportunity to stay in contact
Must be 2 years+
Unbroken or broken
No privet prices
Speedy collection
No full TB's"

Spotted this too! Lovely professional advert for a reputable business.. A lot of people mentioning dyslexia, however I know a lot of dyslexic people who can string an advert together better than this!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site

Seen that on the Fell pony group.
Mines broken and off games, poss perm, I'm staggered that anyone would ask for money to fund another!
My post was removed, I said that most people used their own money and if she needed crowd funding, then surely she shouldn't have another, as vets bills add up!

Abi90

Visit site
Seen that on the Fell pony group.
Mines broken and off games, poss perm, I'm staggered that anyone would ask for money to fund another!
My post was removed, I said that most people used their own money and if she needed crowd funding, then surely she shouldn't have another, as vets bills add up!

I know her and was asked for money. Every time someone posts suggesting that she shouldn’t be doing this she deletes their comments. On the just giving page she suggests that she is trying to “save” the pony. She’s buying it from a friend

conniegirl

Visit site
Spotted this too! Lovely professional advert for a reputable business.. A lot of people mentioning dyslexia, however I know a lot of dyslexic people who can string an advert together better than this!

Im dyslexic and I certainly can write better than that!
I hate when people use dyslexia as an excuse for either a crap education or sheer laziness, it makes it much more difficult for those of us with the disability to be taken seriously.

Visit site

That looks like someone typed it quickly into a phone with predictive text and didn't bother rereading it to make sure it said what it should. That is sheer laziness!

JulesRules

Visit site
I've just seen a good one...

Wanted Fresian 16.3 or bigger to share/part loan. Wants to spend time with the horse weekends and summer, but could do the odd weekday if arranged in advance.

Firstly the chances of someone having a 16.3 + Fresian lying about the place just waiting for a sharer are minimal. Add in they only want summer and weekends and I can't see them having much joy 😂😂

pansymouse

Visit site
Im dyslexic and I certainly can write better than that!
I hate when people use dyslexia as an excuse for either a crap education or sheer laziness, it makes it much more difficult for those of us with the disability to be taken seriously.

I agree I worked so hard to overcome my dyslexic disadvantage; I despise the lazy excuse monkeys that can't be bothered to put in the extra effort required and hide behind their condition.