Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Abi90

Visit site
Seen that on the Fell pony group.
Mines broken and off games, poss perm, I'm staggered that anyone would ask for money to fund another!
My post was removed, I said that most people used their own money and if she needed crowd funding, then surely she shouldn't have another, as vets bills add up!

It would seem she’s managed to buy it!!

conniegirl

Visit site
I agree I worked so hard to overcome my dyslexic disadvantage; I despise the lazy excuse monkeys that can't be bothered to put in the extra effort required and hide behind their condition.
I’m more annoyed about those who don’t have dyslexia but claim they do simply because they are either pig ignorant or lazy bums

MrsElle

Visit site
Just seen this on FB....

"Looking for a horse over 16hh free to a good home.

This will be my first ever horse so needs to be broken, thankyou and any tips for looking after it will be grateful x"

Luckily there are no responses yet.

xDundryx

Visit site
I’m more annoyed about those who don’t have dyslexia but claim they do simply because they are either pig ignorant or lazy bums

it's a bandwagon everyone seems to jump on :( but dare anyone challenge it. like others have said it makes it blinking difficult for those really affected to be taken seriously.

Pippity

Visit site
it's a bandwagon everyone seems to jump on :( but dare anyone challenge it. like others have said it makes it blinking difficult for those really affected to be taken seriously.

It's usually claimed by people who think, "I'm terrible at spelling" = dyslexia. My dyslexia has nothing to do with spelling and everything to do with letters jumping around and turning back-to-front and upside-down when I'm trying to pin them to the paper.

xDundryx

Visit site
Just seen this on FB....

"Looking for a horse over 16hh free to a good home.

This will be my first ever horse so needs to be broken, thankyou and any tips for looking after it will be grateful x"

Luckily there are no responses yet.

Is it possible to do a double facepalm and bang your head off the desk at the same time.... I know everyone has to start somewhere, suggesting a riding school?

HeresHoping

Visit site
I think this is a case of DYAC, but I did have a good giggle... and not at 'ect'.

"I can offer 24/7 turnout in summer and daytime in the winter with the odd duvet day when weather is bad well we all want grass in the spring!

Ideally a horse no bigger than 16hh due to size of paddocks and stable. And I must ask that he/she has no vices ie cribbing/windsurfing ect."

rachk89

Visit site
I keep seeing someone on FB posting asking for someone to give them or loan them a horse for free.

Then said they had one and could people give them stuff for free as they couldn't afford it.

And has recently started posting again asking for another horse..

Sleipnir

Visit site
Just saw this on a local sales site:

"Looking for a pleasure riding horse, suitable for children and beginners. Must be safe with traffic and while hacking. 10-18 years old. Must be close to /location/. Will buy for a reasonable price, no more than 100 euros."

JulesRules

Visit site
Just seen one
"14.1 Blue and white cob.

Inbox for details. No joy riders or day trippers. This is hard enough as it is. Only message if interested"

Well how the heck am I supposed to know if I'm interested as you haven't even told me it's age or sex, let alone anything at all useful about what it's done or it's suitability for any given activity!

scats

Visit site
Just seen one
"14.1 Blue and white cob.

Inbox for details. No joy riders or day trippers. This is hard enough as it is. Only message if interested"

Well how the heck am I supposed to know if I'm interested as you haven't even told me it's age or sex, let alone anything at all useful about what it's done or it's suitability for any given activity!

I saw that one!

There was one this morning from a teenager looking for a part loan. A big list of requirements followed and then something along the lines of ‘don’t hold any horses for me if you have one suitable as I’m just tying to decide if this is something I want to do as I’m still not sure’...

Hepsibah

Visit site
I saw one the other day which went along the lines of: 14hh chunky bay pony, price on VIEWING, no timewasters, hoof kickers or pricefinders...

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Local one:
No joy riders, time wasters or HAPPY HACKERS

This for a purebred native pony, advertised as a jumper and fun ride pony, so why not hackers who are happy??
However it's also 2 inches overheight so cannot ever do affiliated showing, so ought to be cheaper and in line with other animals of same height. Price has come down a grand since adverts earlier in year, but still not really reflecting what it ought to be worth.
Grr at the happy hackers bit tho!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Not horsey but posted on an equine page this morning, my comments in bold

Very old stone planter would be worth a lot more if not broken
But ideal for drainage (large gaps) and transport - ( you can now carry it in 20+ pieces)
£200

Got damaged putting in position
Would have been worth thousand as original hand carved stone hundreds of years ago
Now can be far more easily moved and transported (due to the many pieces)
As when it had soil in
It will look good and drain well (drain very well)
Won’t have problem of craning it in position like we did (phew)
The lorry keeled over as it was on a hill (oops)
Looks great when planted too

It currently looks slightly more like crazy paving. I do hope it gets a nice home!

Last edited:

SpringArising

Visit site
Not horsey but posted on an equine page this morning, my comments in bold

Very old stone planter would be worth a lot more if not broken
But ideal for drainage (large gaps) and transport - ( you can now carry it in 20+ pieces)
£200

Got damaged putting in position
Would have been worth thousand as original hand carved stone hundreds of years ago
Now can be far more easily moved and transported (due to the many pieces)
As when it had soil in
It will look good and drain well (drain very well)
Won’t have problem of craning it in position like we did (phew)
The lorry keeled over as it was on a hill (oops)
Looks great when planted too

It currently looks slightly more like crazy paving. I do hope it gets a nice home!

Always makes me eye roll when people say "Would be worth more IF..."

Great, but it's not! It's like when people say "We would have come first IF..."

Casey76

Visit site
Sorry this one isn’t horsey, but certainly got my eyes rolling...

Hello! Does anyone have children in an elementary school in the Alsace that doesn’t use a system of punishment and reward? Please PM me. Thank you!! We have a system of ‘x’ and flowers changing colors. Thanks.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Sorry this one isn’t horsey, but certainly got my eyes rolling...

Am I reading that right? They want a school where their children aren't told off or rewarded? Surely anyone with half a brain can see why that wouldn't work in a classroom!

Nothing especially ridiculous on my fb atm, just a few things that don't make much sense (to me):

-A pony advertised with a "provisional advert", does that mean she's not necessarily for sale, or they'll change the advert if there's no interest?
-A stallion which "throws always very chancy colours", whatever the hell that means!

Also recently saw someone advertising grazing, one of the selling points was that you could hack to a nearby indoor school in 10 minutes. Well, yes you can if you don't mind hacking along a fairly busy (very busy in summer) national speed limit B road. I know the area very well as I used to work near there, and would never personally hack a horse along that road and I'm 99% sure there wouldn't be an alternative route. It's a fairly horsey area and I have never seen anyone hack along that road (cross it, yes, but not hack along it). The thing is, if you drove to view the grazing you'd realize it's not really a road you can take a horse along- so why even bother putting it in the advert?

Theocat

Visit site
Options advice please I rescued n bought a little pony got told he was 5 turns out he's 12 he's had nothing at all done with him I do not know any history he wasn't microchipped etc he's a nervous pony was full of lice etc my intentions were to try get him broken n become a child's pony for my daughter but shes only 3 however I'm thinking cos of his nerves and lack of trust is this possible 🤔 he's had his teeth feet injections microchip passport papers done injections done treat for his lice etc the full works cost a few hundred but cudnt let him stay in the state he was he's due his booster in 2 weeks however I do not have a jockey experienced enough nor small enough to try back him etc do I loan him out sell him etc I'm on a livery yard and also have a retired horse so costs are not cheap if had own field etc wud keep him as a companion but just trying to think what's going to be best but I'm so frightened of where he will end up I'd love to see him be backed etc n loving life just not sure what to do 😔😔 xx

So ... NOT "rescued", just someone taking a chance on picking up a cheap pony. It's cost a few hundred in care and now it can't do a job and she can't cope or give it time, she wants rid. No doubt one of the Facebook numpties will oblige, poor little beggar :(

xDundryx

Visit site
This one really got my back up... Person from my old yard advertising their 6yo pony for share/loan. Ok so not only does this owner have no clue about horse ownership (her 2 'pets' haven't seen a farrier since September, not wormed or vaccinated) this pony was bought as a foal and kept in the back garden up until 18months ago and treated like a dog and has no boundaries or respect for people or other horses, tramples his owner and barges his way to the field, kicks out, charges at other geldings walking past, runs through any fencing etc. (he's about 14hh Welsh x gelded late). Its never been broken, another clueless idiot at the yard thinks he's a horse trainer and attempted to break the pony in last year however after tangling him up in long reins gave up on that idea and tried to get on him with no build up. poor little sod went vertical and over backwards. since then won't let anyone so much as get a foot in a stirrup or lean over saddle. Anyway I digress... advert says pony 'hasn't done much however happy for him to jump and go to shows..' No mention of the fact he isn't bloody broken. OH made me sit on my hands and Keep out of it as I've had a bit of grief from some of them and messages sent to him and my sharer (all complete nutters!) argh. stupid woman will get someone killed!!