Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

sasquatch

Visit site
Nothing especially ridiculous on my fb atm, just a few things that don't make much sense (to me):

-A pony advertised with a "provisional advert", does that mean she's not necessarily for sale, or they'll change the advert if there's no interest?
-A stallion which "throws always very chancy colours", whatever the hell that means!

I did a provisional advert when I was trying to loan B out, but I made it very clear he wouldn't be available for a full loan (to move yards etc.) until summer and as B was a bit of a hard sell and I wanted to make sure the home he went too was the right place, I knew I'd be better putting something up early lol especially as I never got a lot of interest in B when he was up for part loan and it had taken word of mouth and a few months to find someone.

only_me

Visit site
Wanted - a loan horse during summer up to 3 days a week. As local to me as possible. 14-16h. Able to jump 90cm as rider is experienced with horses. Must be good to groom and tack up.

If this rider was as experienced as she says then surely she wouldn’t need a horse to be good to groom...
and it’s a share/part loan if only 1-3 days a week, which also sounds a bit like she just wants to ride someone else’s horse for free instead of paying for lessons at her Riding school...
She says she’s experienced but the videos of her Riding would very much suggest otherwise!

abbijay

Visit site
I got this one via messenger at the weekend...
"looking for a part loan 2 days a week with one weekend day. 14.2 upwards all rounder that I can take to camp in August as already booked and horseless."
I used to have sharers but I wouldn't have let any of them take my horse for a weekend away after just 2 months of sharing him. and it does sound like once camp is over they might just move on.

HeresHoping

Visit site
I am tentatively (very) looking for a new horse so have been keeping a beady eye on the ads. It's obviously silly season as everyone seems to have cheekily put their prices up a good couple of thousand and everywhere I look I am seeing horses that have done nothing, or have potential, or are 9+ with 'scope to go further' for £5k plus. At least three that I have seen have gained £2k in the last three months with nothing on their records.

only_me

Visit site
I am tentatively (very) looking for a new horse so have been keeping a beady eye on the ads. It's obviously silly season as everyone seems to have cheekily put their prices up a good couple of thousand and everywhere I look I am seeing horses that have done nothing, or have potential, or are 9+ with 'scope to go further' for £5k plus. At least three that I have seen have gained £2k in the last three months with nothing on their records.

There’s a nice 6 year old 15h horse for sale atm for 2k on NI page. I’d be tempted to buy for a summer project, is nicely made and sound. Do you want the link? Could be a good worker or if has potential to measure could be worth more!

HeresHoping

Visit site
There’s a nice 6 year old 15h horse for sale atm for 2k on NI page. I’d be tempted to buy for a summer project, is nicely made and sound. Do you want the link? Could be a good worker or if has potential to measure could be worth more!

That's very kind, but too small, I am afraid. I am looking for something 16 - 16.2 to share with my son - he's 6'1 (and just 14). I'm looking for something with a bit of bone, too (not full cob, probably ID x). Won't be in a position to buy, though, for another month or so (I said it was tentative), as our house sale needs to complete.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Just seen quite an upsetting on on some groups local to me-

18yo pony who "needs her back looked at" for sale as the owners can't look after her anymore.

I understand that people have their circumstances change and things happen, but I honestly can't imagine putting a pony of that age up for sale, with a potentially serious problem, without at least getting a vet in first.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Just seen one...my mare has lots of sarcoids. She was treated with Liverpool cream last time and she didn't like it. Now she has developed more sarcoids and warts in different places. My question is, as she has really good bloodlines I'd like to breed from her. Can a foal catch the sarcoids and can you recommend anywhere for cheap AI. I'm treating the new sarcoids with Thuja cream.

One of the replies suggested turmeric because the owner was seeing huge improvements by treating his gelding with it.

*sigh*

Ambers Echo

Visit site
This type of ad is not exactly cheeky or ridiculous but i don't get them.... I may be missing something!

"Horse MUST GO due to (insert: need his stabe, new horse arriving, changed circumstances etc). Priced to sell quickly. Available at £xxxxx if goes by the weekend."

What are they going to do with him after the weekend? Put his price back up??

Not the same as price will increase with increased training or things like that.

Perhaps they have a plan B (turn the horse away if doesn't sell ot whatever. But usually the same ad reappears a week or 2 later with an even lower FINAL OFFER or SALE ENDS SOON type price. Horses aren't sofas!!

jumbyjack

Visit site
I love this thread, the cheek of some people is astounding. Re the chancy colours comment, it's a traveller term for good or unusual colours.

MuffettMischief

Visit site
Saw one yesterday and was totally gobsmacked. Owner going travelling for 2 months and wants someone to full loan her 2 horses for 2 months. Must be experienced, do this and that and pay for it all!

Rosiejazzandpia

Visit site
Seen one the past few weeks all over the local Facebook groups:
"4 year old tb needs to go due to loss of interest" with the same woman posting in all the groups "project horse wanted".

Chuffy99

Visit site
On local fab page Wanted 2 shetlands, must only be 2 mares or mare and gelding or two geldings, doesn’t that equate to two anything’s. OK could be stallions I guess

sallyg

Visit site
Recent sighting on a local group
Saddle for sale, price at the top of the Facebook advert £450, a few details then lower down in the advert "would accept £425"
Erm.. well no one's going t offer you £450 now for it so what was the point in putting that at the top of the advert?!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
In reply to someone going to look at a pony, their first ever horse purchase.

“Don’t buy the first one you see, unless you have seen others first”

😂😂
Made my day!
No one else seemed to find it funny though, all the replies were very indignant people who bought the first horse they saw and it was the greatest horse ever.

dibbin

Visit site
New winner - "has never bucked, reared, kicked or bitten". There's literally a photo of it rearing (with a rider on) in the advert.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Wanted: 7.5t lorry must be stalled for 3-4 horses and must have full living for 4. Nothing ancient please but no stupid prices either. must have a years plate, budget £5K

Depending on what they call ancient, they need a 1, 2 or a 3 between the £ and the 5 :D

LaurenBay

Visit site
Someone selling their Horse as they want something to compete at a higher level, ends the advert to say they will switch for a mare and foal. The next day advert goes up to say Horse still for sale as no time for Horses but would consider something that can go and compete at a higher level. Seems the advert has appeared several times since all different reasons and asking for different types of Horses in return. Weird.

JulesRules

Visit site
Wanted - horse to loan.

I've only ridden a horse twice so I would need to be shown what to do but I'm a quick learner. Happy to make a financial contribution.

I've replied saying try a riding school!!

Annagain

Visit site
This isn't horsey but I saw a sign at the weekend that really tickled me. It was at a little petting zoo and the entrance was down some steps....

"Disabled access avaalible. Please ask inside."

cobsarefab

Visit site
Just seen this pop up on my feed. A little ambitious I'd say.

"me and the bf are looking for two horse to be apart of the family full time not looking to sell on or make any money off them looking to give them a full time loving home for ever not looking to spend a lot looking for something under 500 pound we also looking for am riding and tack stuff that any one selling or gifting also looking for horses close to pontypridd or someone with transport to deliver the horses hopeing to buy 2 horses at the same time many thanks"