Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Visit site
Just seen this pop up on my feed. A little ambitious I'd say.

"me and the bf are looking for two horse to be apart of the family full time not looking to sell on or make any money off them looking to give them a full time loving home for ever not looking to spend a lot looking for something under 500 pound we also looking for am riding and tack stuff that any one selling or gifting also looking for horses close to pontypridd or someone with transport to deliver the horses hopeing to buy 2 horses at the same time many thanks"

^ the definition of optimism.
Although if anyone IS "gifting" tack, gift it to me. :eek:

Last edited:

JulesRules

Visit site
Poster above is back. They have reworded their post to sound less cheapskate/skint. However I'm not sure where you can find a 16.5 horse these days 😂😂

Looking for 2 horse for about £500 each close to pontypridd area or can deliver for extra fuel cost
Must be broken ........... looking for something over 15. to about 16.5
Comes with tack if possible or some tack dont matter about breed but would like deatils on horse if you can many thanks

southerncomfort

Visit site
I saw a very similar one the other. Lady asking for 2 cobs for her and a friend, maximum £1000 for the pair must come with tack etc. No other specifications/requirements, just 2 horses with tack please!

Visit site
One appeared on my time line yesterday asking for a bombproof Shetland, including tack for free for their kids to play with. A field with a shelter to keep it in too is also required.

Some people are absolute jokers!

ihatework

Visit site
Corker the other day.
Nice warmblood/sporthorse - 4 years old, unbroken.
Offered on a 6 month loan due to owners pregnancy. With the caveat that loaner must be very experienced at breaking, bringing in and competing young horses.

Sheep

Visit site
I saw a post where the OP had 'ingeniously' stuck mint humbugs together, and built them round one of the hanging cylindrical likit holders.
It was deleted before I had a chance to comment, sadly!

*Sahara

Visit site

"me and the bf are looking for two horse to be apart of the family full time not looking to sell on or make any money off them looking to give them a full time loving home for ever not looking to spend a lot looking for something under 500 pound we also looking for am riding and tack stuff that any one selling or gifting also looking for horses close to pontypridd or someone with transport to deliver the horses hopeing to buy 2 horses at the same time many thanks"

No words :D

JulesRules

Visit site
Lol at the above. My horse excels at Lounging too.

On another note the person from the post just above who wants two horses for a grand including tack is back with a new reworded ad:

*** WANTED***
Project horses
From 14 and above
Cash waiting but low budget
Instant decision and able to deliver
Don’t mine quirks as Long as declared
3yr
Please inbox me details and pics
ALSO looking for tack as well

Clodagh

Visit site
Corker the other day.
Nice warmblood/sporthorse - 4 years old, unbroken.
Offered on a 6 month loan due to owners pregnancy. With the caveat that loaner must be very experienced at breaking, bringing in and competing young horses.

You have to take your hat off to them, really. :)

deb_l222

Visit site
Best one so far today:

Stirrup leathers. 160cm. Never used. £90. BOUGHT 25 YEARS AGO.

What??

They probably think they're vintage!! Same principle as these ridiculous folk trying to flog C&A handbags on eBay for hundreds of pounds because they are '80's' chic :)

Do they not know I still have a C&A sweatshirt and LOADS of stuff from BHS, although that's still relatively new in my opinion.

rachk89

Visit site
Seen one recently that's more tragic than anything.

Girl trying to give away her old horse that has cancer, is lame and had other issues as well and got angry when people told her to put it down. Thankfully someone took the mare, kind of hope they put her down though to end her suffering.

BenvardenRach2

Visit site

You must be close to me i'm near pontypridd :D
just a little ambitious, oh heck haha

Visit site
Seen one recently that's more tragic than anything.

Girl trying to give away her old horse that has cancer, is lame and had other issues as well and got angry when people told her to put it down. Thankfully someone took the mare, kind of hope they put her down though to end her suffering.

I saw that one. Thankfully an old owner took the pony back to end her days. Some people are just so selfish!

dominobrown

Visit site
Was it a fell pony?
She has other horses... or was looking for another horse to ride so not exactly so desperate and fallen on hard times etc to look after the poor old pony.
She has loads of people standing up for her as well and it's not allowed to be spoken of on the fell pony page.
So angry at pathetic individuals like that. Poor poor pony.

Last edited:
Visit site
Was it a fell pony?
She has other horses... or was looking for another horse to ride so not exactly so desperate and fallen on hard times etc to look after the poor old pony.
She has loads of people standing up for her as well and it's not allowed to be spoken of on the fell pony page.
So angry at pathetic individuals like that. Poor poor pony.

Yeah the poor Fell pony! No one in their right minds would give or sell her another horse!

cobsarefab

Visit site
Another little gem that popped up today with a an ambitious ad

"Any horses above 15hh for sale under £500 preferably included tack something straight forward and gentle as wanted to get back into it ��"

sarahann1

Visit site
“cob is unfit, and rider hasn't sat on him for nearly two years but he was happy to pop across diagonal lines in a lesson of 6 horses yesterday! Only £3k people, put the word out and lets find this boy an active home!“ (edited by me to remove rider and horse name).

Yep...£3k for an unfit cob, no idea of height, age, life experiences, no pictures of it stood with or without tack, no flatwork videos, just a couple of sketchy videos showing a rider working blimin hard to get anything from said cob jumping a couple of jumps. 🙄🤷*♀️ If it’s such a great cob, show it off properly!!

exracehorse

Visit site
On Suffolk site. Based in Kirton off the A14 towards Felixstowe.

17.2 Tb gelding 14 y/o

He is pretty much retired / semi retired. He needs basic care and lots of affection and love. I’m putting feelers out for someone to come and look after him, most but not all of the time, I’m not asking for financial contribution simply time.

He is easy to look after but really values affection and love. I simply just need someone to help me out. If anyone is genuinely interested please get in touch with me.

Visit site
that post to me is not ridiculous it would have suited me down to the ground if it had been near me ! I just want contact and day to day doing a horse to keep my hand in, and no financial contribution would be great !

Snowfilly

Visit site
On Suffolk site. Based in Kirton off the A14 towards Felixstowe.

17.2 Tb gelding 14 y/o

He is pretty much retired / semi retired. He needs basic care and lots of affection and love. I’m putting feelers out for someone to come and look after him, most but not all of the time, I’m not asking for financial contribution simply time.

He is easy to look after but really values affection and love. I simply just need someone to help me out. If anyone is genuinely interested please get in touch with me.

Ah, now I can think of a few people this would suit. Know a couple of people who enjoy the fussing and grooming side but not riding through injury and old age. Local to me a 72 year old lady was advertising that she wanted to spend time with a horse because her last one had been put down and she's got a couple of elderly ones to play about with now.

It's surprising the number of people who don't want to ride!

DirectorFury

Visit site
Todays winner:
'I’m starting to look around for a new horse as I am to big for mine now, I’m an experienced teenage rider and have been around horses all my life

I’m looking for around 13-14hh and 5+ years (NO STALLIONS OR COLTS) must not suffer form any illness, not dangerous or have any vices (eg rearing, bolting and so on) easy to collect from field, good with other horses. Not to strong but easy going.
looking for something with experience in jumping and cross country will be going to a 5* home with lots of company
Budget of around £500'

Accompanied by loads of photos of her riding hatless in inappropriate tack and on bad ground.
She's missing a zero off the budget for a horse that fits all of those criteria!

Amber905

Visit site
I was selling my well-trained all around horse and had a girl ask me if i'd loan it... after going through a 50 minute conversation with her explaining my horse, loan agreements (take my horse, no loan fees but you pay board as its a distance away) and me telling her to talk to coach etc. She comes back a few days later says she loves him, she'll take him, only if I can pay her board as she needs to stay at the barn and doesn't have all the money... mind you, she wasn't a trainer and she was 4 hours away 🤣

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Not cheeky or rediculous, just completely irresponsible.

Lost horse bolted with tack on Ainsdale beach towards Formby. Someone commented the horse had a broken bridle but was near a herd of other horses, close but standing apart.
Other people replied saying have you called to tell them where the mare is, other people are relived horse has been seen and found, if not caught. Turns out the person who reported the sighting had read it in the tarot, not actually seen the horse.

Talism4n

Visit site
Turns out the person who reported the sighting had read it in the tarot, not actually seen the horse.

I saw this, apparently she had very helpfully called the owner to tell them she had "seen" the horse with her tarot. I can't even begin to imagine how infuriating it would be to answer that call - the relief of hearing the horse has been seen only to realise precious time has been wasted listening to absolute nonsense.