Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
"I am looking for a loan horse for me and my friend. Has to be 15 h or higher due to my friend being tall. I haven't been around horses for my entire life but have previously loaned a horse for 2 years who is a turd, bucks, rears and just has a big attitude. ( I do not loan him anymore) "
Love that she loaned a turd for two years :D

Visit site
Names omitted but just seen this and am in a state of disbelief tbh

"I bought a week ago today from [PERSON'S NAME IN CAPITAL LETTERS]. I was told he tacked alone good to shoe etc no vices and it was a very sad sale she didn't have time for him anymore but if any thing was wrong she would have him Hes a 19 tb 16.2 I trusted her word I guess that was wrong of me but I did . But he's not as she described him . His good points loves fuss great to lead rug up . Not so good points doesn't like to be left alone in field . Bit unsettled by having feet trimmed and didn't seem to like being tacked up .. so I'm offering as a companion to someone that has time to spend with him he then may turn out to be the horse I was told he is. Experienced home only "

Then somewhat unflattering pic of horse grazing.

Poor horse :(

9tails

Visit site
Names omitted but just seen this and am in a state of disbelief tbh

"I bought a week ago today from [PERSON'S NAME IN CAPITAL LETTERS]. I was told he tacked alone good to shoe etc no vices and it was a very sad sale she didn't have time for him anymore but if any thing was wrong she would have him Hes a 19 tb 16.2 I trusted her word I guess that was wrong of me but I did . But he's not as she described him . His good points loves fuss great to lead rug up . Not so good points doesn't like to be left alone in field . Bit unsettled by having feet trimmed and didn't seem to like being tacked up .. so I'm offering as a companion to someone that has time to spend with him he then may turn out to be the horse I was told he is. Experienced home only "

Then somewhat unflattering pic of horse grazing.

Poor horse :(

A week? It makes you wonder how desperate sellers become to think this numpty was a good match.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
A week? It makes you wonder how desperate sellers become to think this numpty was a good match.

Saw a heart-breaking one today: I'm paraphrasing: Sold my old pony for £300 to a 'forever home'. Now less than a week later he is on FB for £2500 and the new owners are claiming he is an outgrown PC pony they have had for 14 months who can hack, jump, go on fun rides, bomb proof, safe, sane and vice free. All just made up. He is NOT a novice ride and he is older than it says on the ad".

I cannot believe the sheer bare-faced, shamelessness of some people. Buy up cheap, old, quirky or broken ponies, lie through your teeth about them and sell on to unsuspecting buyers.

Ginny would pass a vetting as she stands today having had about 6 months off. But she's not 'sound' by any normal person's definition as she is not yet back in work and there is a huge question mark as to how she will cope with work. Max is only intermittently lame and could pass a vetting on a good day. It is horrible to think of just how many people would be willing to sell them on to children as sound pony club ponies. Makes me sick.

only_me

Visit site
"Looking for an instructor that can bring me on jumping 1.10/1.30 courses so I can do big shows. Only problem is I want to train on their horses as mine doesn't jump that high but have done single 1.20"

I think thats a bit odd?

HEM

Visit site
Saw a heart-breaking one today: I'm paraphrasing: Sold my old pony for £300 to a 'forever home'. Now less than a week later he is on FB for £2500 and the new owners are claiming he is an outgrown PC pony they have had for 14 months who can hack, jump, go on fun rides, bomb proof, safe, sane and vice free. All just made up. He is NOT a novice ride and he is older than it says on the ad".

I cannot believe the sheer bare-faced, shamelessness of some people. Buy up cheap, old, quirky or broken ponies, lie through your teeth about them and sell on to unsuspecting buyers.

Ginny would pass a vetting as she stands today having had about 6 months off. But she's not 'sound' by any normal person's definition as she is not yet back in work and there is a huge question mark as to how she will cope with work. Max is only intermittently lame and could pass a vetting on a good day. It is horrible to think of just how many people would be willing to sell them on to children as sound pony club ponies. Makes me sick.

This happened to a friend of mine, luckily the pony was sane and just had to retire a lot sooner than expected!!

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
Anyone else seen the video on FB of two ridden cobs on the back of a moving flat bed trailer?
WTF?
The guy that posted it has come on and said "They're for sale". Seriously does that excuse something so stupid? He's just followed it up, when asked why, with "It's good to be original!"

Annagain

Visit site
Anyone else seen the video on FB of two ridden cobs on the back of a moving flat bed trailer?
WTF?
The guy that posted it has come on and said "They're for sale". Seriously does that excuse something so stupid? He's just followed it up, when asked why, with "It's good to be original!"

Yes I've seen it. It's utterly pointless not to mention the height of stupidity. What could happen if one of them tried to jump off a moving object doesn't bear thinking of. I hate the standing on the horse's back ones but at least if they can cope with someone clambering into a standing position on their backs it shows the horse will probably cope with a novice rider who is unbalanced and bouncing around a bit. When are you ever going to need a horse who will stand still on a moving object?

holeymoley

Visit site
One teenager looking for a 15.2hh loan, no cobs, no tbs, no mares, musn’t Buck, rear etc must be able to jump hack etc and also must be 10/15mins away from such as such and on a bus route...

o_O Only remembered it as she reposted again saying she still hadn’t found one... funny that:D

chaps89

Visit site
Do you remember the outcry when people thought there was a horse being towed down a main road/motorway like that? And it turned out to be a model horse!

That's just bonkers. They are at least going steady, not far and the horses look like saints but how very peculiar!

Visit site
A shetland stud has put up on their public fb page pictures of their young (less than a year old) kid and their 5 or 6yo kid sitting on the ponies. Nothing strange about that. Neither are ever wearing hats or shoes. Nor are the kids being held onto again not that strange the ponies are standing still being held onto.

Oh and they are sitting on 4 month old foals! And they think this is great and the whole world needs to see their stupidity! I pity those poor ponies! I really do! I can't say anything for numerous reasons!

meleeka

Visit site
Project wanted MUST BE ABLE TO DELIVER TO DERBYSHIRE AREA price to include horse and delivery

Wanted 13.2+ rising 3-12 must not kick or bite if backed but needs bringing back into work no buckers rears and especially bolters must have no vices or health issues any breed consider just NO TBS EX RACERS OR CROSS TB no colts or stallions would prefer a gelding but will consider mares low budget under £500

Pippity

Visit site
"Stunning one in a million girl good to do in all ways heartbroken to be selling her but no choice "

And that's the only information, other than a photo of a coloured cob gurning over a stable door.

hellfire

Visit site
I really get fed up at the sheer cheek of people. I think you get it a lot when you have horses. I work very hard for what I have and the fact that I have two Shetlands seems to mean I'll be happy for random people's kids to come ride for free. I've started being mean to people I'm afraid as got fed up of saying no nicely only to be pestered or people turning up. Even a lady in Tesco who was on checkouts who I've never met asked if she could ride for me as couldn't afford it and wanted to ride again!!!
Oh yes come on out and ride for free while I pay and do all the work! I only mentioned I was in a rush to get the horses out. My OH gets so angry with users. Luckily my fell X Welsh is not a novice ride but I've had kids saying they have the experience to ride him!. Should chuck them on!! I've recently got a new Welsh D 5 year old and since certain people found out the pestering has started. As for FB and I don't generally go on it much.
I tried advertising some tack. One was a new Libby's scrawbrig that was no good for one of mine. I got offered £5. I mean seriously?? Not expecting full price but come on!! I have a friend who does ride mine and is very competent and in exchange does a lot of work the days she's out and looks after them if I'm away for a day. That's fair.

holeymoley

Visit site
One tonight that really touches a nerve -

Such and such 9hh miniature Shetland would make a great Christmas present...

So they’d probably sell the poor wee thing to some randomers to keep in their back garden :(

hellfire

Visit site
One tonight that really touches a nerve -

Such and such 9hh miniature Shetland would make a great Christmas present...

So they’d probably sell the poor wee thing to some randomers to keep in their back garden :(

I really hate when people do that! Makes it like a object not a living breathing animal. Should ask if it comes gift wrapped!! Admittedly I bought my mini as a birthday gift for my OH BUT Angus was truely wanted by him as he wanted to drive and prefers Shetlands over larger ponies. 10 years on he's spoilt rotten and very much part of our little herd. It's ads like that novices are drawn into then the kid looses interest and the poor pony ends up being neglected sometimes not purposefully but through ignorance.

exracehorse

Visit site
Hiya 🤗. I know this is a big ask but I don’t suppose anybody has a pair of muckers size 7 that they don’t use anymore. If possible, could they be loaned for a week or 2. They would be returned if they are needed back afterwards. Many thanks in advance. I really need some by Wednesday because I have a working interview at a livery and showjumping yard. PM me if you would be able to help me. Thank you again. Faye