Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Visit site
HORSE WANTED!

Looking for 15hh-15.3
>No more than 10yrs.
>Colour & sex not an issue - but do prefer coloured geldings.
>Local to Essex
>Preferably to include transport.
>Must be able to jump.
>Must be able to hack alone.
>Must be good to clip, shoe & travel.
>No history of laminitis or lameness.

Budget £800-£1000 , pref to include tack & rugs.

SpringArising

Visit site
HORSE WANTED!

Looking for 15hh-15.3
>No more than 10yrs.
>Colour & sex not an issue - but do prefer coloured geldings.
>Local to Essex
>Preferably to include transport.
>Must be able to jump.
>Must be able to hack alone.
>Must be good to clip, shoe & travel.
>No history of laminitis or lameness.

Budget £800-£1000 , pref to include tack & rugs.

Oh God these ones wind me RIGHT up. I feel like commenting 'Stop being such a bloody cheapskate!".

Hazkirbo

www.instagram.com
don’t know why it won’t let me copy and paste and I cba to type it all out, so in summary:

looking for a friend!!
-15hh+
-must be able to hack alone and in company
-all-rounder as want to do showjumping, dressage, XC, eventing, showing and endurance
-no tbs
-under 11
-ABSOLOUTE MAX budget of £2.5k and MUST be able to do payment plans
————————
honestly though, the cheek of some people wanting a payment plan for £2.5k 😫😫

only_me

Visit site
A woman on our regional page keeps “rescuing” TBs/donkeys and then keeps trying to sell them onto better loving homes as she hasn’t anywhere for them.
It all sounds not so bad - except she’s selling the “rescued” TBs (one of which did look very nice, hardly a rescue case) for the princely sum £650.

So guess what type of people will buy?

I did nearly snort my tea when I read she was selling the rescue donkey (with balls, cos donkey would love a woman to make him happy - she actually wrote this...) for £180!! Donkeys go for nothing here

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I know its late notice and probably impossible but could anyone deliver 5 small bales of hay to the outskirts of Royal Wootton Bassett on Boxing day?

Just now!

Visit site
A woman on our regional page keeps “rescuing” TBs/donkeys and then keeps trying to sell them onto better loving homes as she hasn’t anywhere for them.
It all sounds not so bad - except she’s selling the “rescued” TBs (one of which did look very nice, hardly a rescue case) for the princely sum £650.

So guess what type of people will buy?

I did nearly snort my tea when I read she was selling the rescue donkey (with balls, cos donkey would love a woman to make him happy - she actually wrote this...) for £180!! Donkeys go for nothing here
That's just sad; pass the parcel but with ponies (or donkeys as the case may be!) and it's so unfair on them.

only_me

Visit site
I’ve just seen an ad on Facebook that I couldn’t stop myself from commenting on lol.

Woman looking help with horse few days days a week to include mucking out, feeding, turning out, grooming etc. and in return can ride the horse one day a week. Must be experienced and reliable.

Oh, and is completely voluntary.

I suggested she look for a freelance groom or increase the day’s able to ride horse. Replies should be interesting.

Can you tell I’m procrastinating lol

Nasicus

Visit site

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
"Putting the feelers out there I’m thinking about selling my youngster but not 100% sure just seeing if there’s anyone out there looking for a nice calm project must be able to collect from Derbyshire as I have no transport"

I think anyone looking for a nice calm project might need a bit more information!

exracehorse

Visit site
Putting my horse out on full loan due to moving away. She is being advertised as a companion as she has been out of work for majority of 2018.
She is a typical thoroughbred and will throw some pretty impressive shapes. She has arthritis in her front leg which generally doesn’t bother her. She is also partially blind in one eye & suffers from sweet itch in the summer.
She is a sensitive older horse who just wants a quiet and happy life being pampered.

only_me

Visit site
This made me laugh.
Someone selling a "job lot" of whst appears to be a wooden box and a load of tat for £150. Apparently the tat within the box is worth £100. The ad says "Not going into detail of what is in the box".

Just seen that 😮
Comes complete with a rosette and half bottle of purple spray 😜

only_me

Visit site
Another cracker -
Anyone instrested in a project pony for loan for a year! Not selling !! 3 year old mare
Just broken ! No badness easy worked with!

Yes, I’d love to take your 3 year old, back it, school it, then hand it back to you for you to sell as a 4 year old for a tidy profit while I get nothing...

Sheep

Visit site
Another cracker -
Anyone instrested in a project pony for loan for a year! Not selling !! 3 year old mare
Just broken ! No badness easy worked with!

Yes, I’d love to take your 3 year old, back it, school it, then hand it back to you for you to sell as a 4 year old for a tidy profit while I get nothing...

Just saw that one too...picture of sad looking grey pony with head pulled into its chest.. dare you to comment lol!

exracehorse

Visit site
Hi there on a serious note I have been asked back out of retirement to help out as a moble groom I have had a fantastic response and truly overwhelmed by all your kind comments.
But as a qualified therapist my self I would love to help others overcome Problems by setting up a place where you can come and ride, groom, talk, just some time out spend the day or afternoon around the ponies and horses. Over coming injury confidence Anxiety stress related issues even a break from hospital appointments to simply enjoy cream tea's and fellowship. But Guess what I don't have 1 pony to start with !! but I would love this to be a reality for 2019 for all
Can you help will you help me? I will not be running this project as a buisness all help within would be volantry, Your Donation would mean from old rugs you don't need to tack you don't use anymore blankets hay nets buckets bits that this would help to keep expenses down from start Safe ponies / horses may be that we could use to start with again its all an idea to help others recover. Yes some donations will go towards helping mental health issues as well supporting kidney Transplant patients for children as well as adults plus to HELP keep things running to. All input is red and noted and ideas are all welcome Including the name. Thanks

windand rain

Visit site
Hi there on a serious note I have been asked back out of retirement to help out as a moble groom I have had a fantastic response and truly overwhelmed by all your kind comments.
But as a qualified therapist my self I would love to help others overcome Problems by setting up a place where you can come and ride, groom, talk, just some time out spend the day or afternoon around the ponies and horses. Over coming injury confidence Anxiety stress related issues even a break from hospital appointments to simply enjoy cream tea's and fellowship. But Guess what I don't have 1 pony to start with !! but I would love this to be a reality for 2019 for all
Can you help will you help me? I will not be running this project as a buisness all help within would be volantry, Your Donation would mean from old rugs you don't need to tack you don't use anymore blankets hay nets buckets bits that this would help to keep expenses down from start Safe ponies / horses may be that we could use to start with again its all an idea to help others recover. Yes some donations will go towards helping mental health issues as well supporting kidney Transplant patients for children as well as adults plus to HELP keep things running to. All input is red and noted and ideas are all welcome Including the name. Thanks

Not sure what any of tha means is someone asking for free tack, free feed, free ponies to set up some sort of therapy sessions for those with mental and physical illnesses

Leo Walker

Visit site
People seem to do that with clothes a lot- just post a photo of a bin liner!

i bought a bin bag of clothes for a tenner. I thought it would do for messy horse stuff and stop me wrecking my good clothes doing DIY etc. Best bargain of my life. There was about 60 items crammed in there, mainly hoodies and t-shirts that I would have bought anyway. I wear something from that bin bag most days. I've never bought another one though as it will never be as good as the original one! :p

Flicker

Visit site
On our local equestrian matters Facebook page, numerous requests for horses and ponies to take to the Boxing Day and NYD drag hunts.
Firstly, who in their right mind would let a total stranger rag their horse around the countryside at a hunt??
Secondly, who in their right mind would happily hop onto a strange horse and take it hunting??
I felt like answering “you’re welcome to take mine, if you fancy joining the space programme”

Visit site
On our local equestrian matters Facebook page, numerous requests for horses and ponies to take to the Boxing Day and NYD drag hunts.
Firstly, who in their right mind would let a total stranger rag their horse around the countryside at a hunt??
Secondly, who in their right mind would happily hop onto a strange horse and take it hunting??
I felt like answering “you’re welcome to take mine, if you fancy joining the space programme”

They probably don't want to pay the price of a hirling. It is expensive but you get a good horse and the day out for your money. I for one would not let anyone take any of mine hunting though! Especially not chancers on fb looking for a freebie!

Denbob

Visit site

I had a (VERY) non-horsey lady on Facebook message me asking if I could box Denzel to them so her teenage daughter could take Denzel to the Boxing Day meet as the daughter had met him where I kept him at uni and had said how much she liked him. It took a lot of restraint to explain just how ridiculous that concept was, not least because I now live over two hours away.

The mind boggles.

Denbob

Visit site

I had a (VERY) non-horsey lady on Facebook message me asking if I could box Denzel to them so her teenage daughter could take Denzel to the Boxing Day meet as the daughter had met him where I kept him at uni and had said how much she liked him. It took a lot of restraint to explain just how ridiculous that concept was, not least because I now live over two hours away.

The mind boggles.

Reactions: D66