Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Flicker

Visit site
EKW, quite. Even if my horse was a saint on the hunting field (which she very definitely is not) she’s certainly not hunting fit physically or mentally. If I was to go hunting, I’d want to be doing it on a horse that goes out regularly and knows its job. And for that, you pay good money to a hireling yard.
Denzel Bells, I would love to have been a fly on the wall for that exchange!

Denbob

Visit site
It went something like this;

Please may my daughter take your horse hunting?

No. He hasn't jumped higher than 50cm and he's barely hacking fit - he'd likely seriously injure himself and your daughter and it'd ruin him for hunting forever. Also I moved away.

Oh, okay. Let me know if you change your mind - she really does like him.

I'm glad she likes him, unfortunately I won't be changing my mind. Maybe research hunt hirelings in your area.

We looked at those they were too expensive which is why I asked. Such a shame about Denzel. Maybe another time.

Stopped responding after that.

Visit site
Someone, to be fair she looks to be a child, has asked for any shetland fillies for £80 or less ... She already has a stallion and another filly and wants another female to add to the collection ... I do despair! These ponies will be bred, not registered and add more ponies to the over populated equine world in the uk.

only_me

Visit site
Wanted!!
14.2-15.2
Younger than 15
Jumping 80+
Nothing too cobby
Can be green but wouldn’t need to be too strong as my 7 year old beginner daughter will be riding as well as my 14 year old experienced daughter, so would need to suit both
Great home waiting!
Preferably under 1000 but price negotiable for the right horse

🤦‍♀️

FrecklesTheCat

Visit site
This one is more sad, 8 months - poor baby.

"This is a very sad sale!
I purchased Freddy for my neice he's the most cutest little guy ever unfortunately she's very nervous of horses even though he is tiny an also an absolute sweet heart she's just not taking to him so I don't find it fair him being wasted with me for the rest of his life !
He is 8 months old
Still entire.
Passported & chipped
I've had him walking out past busy traffic
Has seen bikes an joggers
Very good with dogs often plays round the field with my dogs.
He loves attention an fuss
Freddy just needs abit of work with picking his feet up he's slowly getting there just gets a little confused sometimes!"

SpringArising

Visit site
This one is more sad, 8 months - poor baby.

"This is a very sad sale!
I purchased Freddy for my neice he's the most cutest little guy ever unfortunately she's very nervous of horses even though he is tiny an also an absolute sweet heart she's just not taking to him so I don't find it fair him being wasted with me for the rest of his life !
He is 8 months old
Still entire.
Passported & chipped
I've had him walking out past busy traffic
Has seen bikes an joggers
Very good with dogs often plays round the field with my dogs.
He loves attention an fuss
Freddy just needs abit of work with picking his feet up he's slowly getting there just gets a little confused sometimes!"

That doesn't make me sad at all. Sounds like he's currently in a very caring home with people who have realised they are not the right people.

Fransurrey

Visit site
There's one on my local page at the moment offering a horse for loan. Ready for backing.

Fell into that trap, once, with a horse that was freshly backed, needing a loan home as the owner had a bad back and could no longer ride (I needed a companion at the same time). The woman turned up unannounced after 4 months, declared the horse an RSPCA case (he really wasn't) and took him back the same day. Heard on the grapevine her back was better and she wanted to ride again...never loaned since (this was 20 years ago). I felt such a bloody mug, but I was young in horse ownership years.

Visit site
There was one up last night - 4yo for 1 year loan, just broken but needs brought on, must stay at the yard it's currently at, owner can hop on when they please they just want someone good with youngsters to cover costs and bring the pony on...

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Not horsey but it's with a heavy heart I've got to sell my Frenchie he's fantastic with children and good in the house too he's 9months old now I can't keep him as he won't leave my lab alone and she's had enough of being humped my husband don't believe in having dogs cut so my only option is to find him a new home. He is microchiped wormed and jabbed. Absolutely gutted but it's causing huge rows in the house. Issy is he's dog and she's a gun dog so I can understand he's frustration as she has a job to do and Mickey won't let her rest on her days off. He isn't kc reg and has no papers this reflects in price £450 Please only contact me if you are serious and can offer him a forever loving home many thanks x

Your husband needs a slap :p

9tails

Visit site
Not horsey but it's with a heavy heart I've got to sell my Frenchie he's fantastic with children and good in the house too he's 9months old now I can't keep him as he won't leave my lab alone and she's had enough of being humped my husband don't believe in having dogs cut so my only option is to find him a new home. He is microchiped wormed and jabbed. Absolutely gutted but it's causing huge rows in the house. Issy is he's dog and she's a gun dog so I can understand he's frustration as she has a job to do and Mickey won't let her rest on her days off. He isn't kc reg and has no papers this reflects in price £450 Please only contact me if you are serious and can offer him a forever loving home many thanks x

Husband will get a load of Frenchadors soon. That'll be an interesting mix.

elliejhb

Visit site
Saw this on Facebook
"
🌟Part Loan🌟
12yr 16.1 WB, whos been there done it up for part loan. Owner is a beginner so wants someone capable to keep the horse schooled to the standard he is now, can compete if the loaner wishes. Quite flexible with days etc. Loaner to be insured, be over 16 or parents that won't leave them unattended, help with some costs/ duties to be arranged."

Horse is kept on a yard where there are a few riders who would school the horse to his current standard if paid, yet they want someone to pay to ride.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I know some good riders who can't have their own horses at the moment due to family/work/financial commitments who would jump at an opportunity to part loan a nice, well schooled horse. Especially if they can compete. I once part-loaned a pony to a BHSAI. She wanted the riding without the commitment and she adored the pony so we were both very happy!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I keep seeing this, it’s only a spelling mistake but one I can’t get my head round. Bute. An easy day it as you spell it kind of word right?
I’ve seen it 3 times recently spelt Beaut? Why complicate matters

elliejhb

Visit site
I know some good riders who can't have their own horses at the moment due to family/work/financial commitments who would jump at an opportunity to part loan a nice, well schooled horse. Especially if they can compete. I once part-loaned a pony to a BHSAI. She wanted the riding without the commitment and she adored the pony so we were both very happy!

If I was in a position where I couldn't own horses I'd happily part loan again and can understand why people do and how that horse could be a good opportunity for someone.

I think what got me more is that the owner is a beginner and possibly overhorsed themselves?

Denbob

Visit site
Saw this on Facebook
"
🌟Part Loan🌟
12yr 16.1 WB, whos been there done it up for part loan. Owner is a beginner so wants someone capable to keep the horse schooled to the standard he is now, can compete if the loaner wishes. Quite flexible with days etc. Loaner to be insured, be over 16 or parents that won't leave them unattended, help with some costs/ duties to be arranged."

Horse is kept on a yard where there are a few riders who would school the horse to his current standard if paid, yet they want someone to pay to ride.

I found Denzel through a word of mouth version of this. Lady couldn't handle his napping so instead of paying someone she looked for a competent sharer. Along comes me (far from competent with nappy horses but willing to take advice and just pootle in company) and now I own him...

ester

Visit site
I’d rather keep an inherently nice horse (presuming it is) going than the improving a lot of the offerings need.

I actually think it’s very good and forward thinking of the owner, plenty would be totally against someone ‘better than them’ having the ride/competing etc.

ihatework

Visit site
I’d rather keep an inherently nice horse (presuming it is) going than the improving a lot of the offerings need.

I actually think it’s very good and forward thinking of the owner, plenty would be totally against someone ‘better than them’ having the ride/competing etc.

I agree. If it’s a generally nice horse, nice yard and nice owner there is bound to be someone competent enough that would be interested.

chaps89

Visit site
You say that but my share horses owner is looking for another sharer (she now needs someone who can make a financial contribution) but absolutely no joy. And he's an amazing schoolmaster who is at AM level dressage but also hacks, jumps and does working equitation, who comes with a nice owner. It's a funny world!

pansymouse

Visit site

My friend's husband was the same so she had the dog done without telling him - he had a bit of a hissy fit (husband not dog!) but got over it in the end.

SpringArising

Visit site
adults only please because I need someone to ride him once a week while I’m at school
XYZ is a very sweet natured pony who needs someone to school him once a week during the day (no jumping). He needs an experienced rider as he can be strong but at the same time he is sensitive, very intelligent and loves to learn! He has no vices, never bucks, rears or bolts. He needs a kind, lightweight rider (maximum 9 stone) and you must be able to do small yard duties such as topping up his water and poo picking. Contribution of £50 month

So you want someone to do the boring bits of schooling once a week... and pay for it along with yard duties? :rolleyes:

ester

Visit site
You say that but my share horses owner is looking for another sharer (she now needs someone who can make a financial contribution) but absolutely no joy. And he's an amazing schoolmaster who is at AM level dressage but also hacks, jumps and does working equitation, who comes with a nice owner. It's a funny world!

You still need the right person close enough to commit.

ester

Visit site
SA that reminds me there was one the other day who has had an accident and was struggling to look after her DIY pony so essentially wanted someone to take over a lot of the care and the riding while she was off, but also wanted them to pay to do so.