Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Visit site
Saw this on a wanted ad:
"looking for a safe horse to do a bit of eventing/hunting/riding club activities on."
Fair enough..... Then saw she added "I've been looking for 3 YEARS!"

I mean, where exactly has she been looking? Those qualities don't scream rocking horse poo to me?? Would you waste your time suggesting she view yours?

assuming she's been turning down all those she views which don't have horns on their heads?

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Posted on a Friday evening, can anyone recommend a dentist who can come out tomorrow morning.
Seems a little optimistic to me, surely if it's that much of an emergency it's a vet job.

Annagain

Visit site
There's a good one on a local Facebook page with someone asking for a bombproof, been there done that horse aged 8-12 to hack with a budget of £500. Her ad is polite and pleasant as are the people who very nicely point out she may struggle with that budget and if that's all she has, she might have to buy one that needs a bit of work. It's the people who attack them for "destroying the OP's dream's" and telling her she can definitely find that for that money and not to give up that I find incredible. There are so many deluded people out there. Every single ones seems to have bought one (or know someone who has) for very little money or been given one for nothing but when others dig deeper they've all be 3 /23/ nutters / broken. Just because one or two turned out ok, more by luck than judgement, they seem to think it's the norm.

Visit site
I put some horses on the yards page looking for homes earlier. If you look at the page fully it does say that we are in Scotland.

So you get all the messages - price, how much, cost ... etc no conversation, just a few words, no question marks either. Then you get the people who ask 30 million questions. I generally stalk everyone that messages before I reply so I can figure out if they are genuine or picture collecting. The boss sometimes beats me to it replying as she did with this one (and this is not uncommon sadly ... )

30 millions questions then - Where are you? ... So I have stalked her and replied - In Scotland, just north of Edinburgh. She replies - sorry too far. No sht sherlock! Your in Somerset and I can see a post you have shared asking for a cheap horse for happy hacking within a 1/2 radius!

I frequently have to repeat mantra's in my head to stop me loosing the plot with people!

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
I am with a very heavy heart and I cannot believe that I am doing this, however needs must. This gorgeous stallion with 4 level stockings and a blaze, is truly a dream to own. He would also make an ideal first time stallion. He runs with his mares and is a complete gentleman. I have to sell either him or his daughter a dun yearling filly because for obvious reasons I cannot put them out together. He is reg PBA and he has some amazing lines including European and International Champions. He knows his job and he is very good at it.

When asked for details about him:

the response: He's about 15hh or that at least I don't know. I don't know if he's been ridden or anything but maybe, I never have. He's 11.He has Eldyr in his lines. I don not really want to sell him I would rather sell his daughter

Why would you advertise a horse you don't actually want to sell?? Just advertise the one you do

Nicnac

Visit site
So you get all the messages - price, how much, cost ... etc no conversation, just a few words, no question marks either. Then you get the people who ask 30 million questions. I generally stalk everyone that messages before I reply so I can figure out if they are genuine or picture collecting. The boss sometimes beats me to it replying as she did with this one (and this is not uncommon sadly ... )

I find people replying on Faceache so frigging rude. Price Location Videos or PM Me - no please or thank you. I personally would just ignore them as anybody genuinely interested would pick up the blimming phone! Also anybody who replies with a profile picture of them taking a selfie in the mirror whilst pouting also gets ignored or someone asking a question which is answered in the ad - if they're that thick, I don't want my horse going to them.

Grumpy old woman day!

Visit site
I dont mind messages or questions but when you have no idea where the horse is in the country surely that would be the first thing you ask so you know if its too far away or not. Its saves a lot of time for the simple questions to be asked first.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Do you get anymore photos of him than the one on horsemart? Because a poor head shot is definitely what you are looking for if buying a breeding stallion :p
https://www.horsemart.co.uk/amazingly-well-behaved-palomino-stallion/Horses/564610

38001345-279-640x360.jpg

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/...arch?keyword=palomino+stallion&sectionId=3365

Here's the filly.

https://www.preloved.co.uk/adverts/...link=/search?keyword=blackburn&sectionId=3365

Hollychops

Visit site
When i was last horse hunting, i had questions written down and worked my way through them, even if they had already been answered on the advert (apart from the usual age and sex ones). I got a good feeling just from going over the questions and found those that were happy to answer my questions were the owners of the horses i went to see.

I understand its frustrating going over the same questions again and again (I had this when loaning out my ponies) but it gave me either a good feeling or a 'nope, not going to waste my time with that one' feeling, plus i nearly went to see a horse that was valued at 10K more than my budget due to a mistake on the part of the owner.

windand rain

Visit site
The most frustrating thing is no price on adverts and then been called a timewaster when it is the first question you ask why persue a long conversation about a horse you cannot afford to buy. I often see people complaining that buyers first question is price as if it is insulting to their precious pet to have a price tag. Have often seen people saying they would never sell to someone who asked the price as the first question

Snowfilly

Visit site
I've certainly opened conversations with 'hi, can you tell me how much X is for sale for please?' Saves both of us a lot of time if we establish if I can afford him first.

I do have a set list of horse buying questions as well and work through them on the phone even if it's in the ad - sometimes people trip up, but more often you get more details, so 'good in traffic' becomes 'good in traffic but not with motorbikes and he's never seen a tractor' and 'easy loader' reveals he's never travelled alone.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I guess that one is almost straight and almost taken from centre.... he actually looks better than I thought he might.
needs a hoof trim.

Theocat

Visit site
Saw one a couple of days ago, where the owner had been told by the dentist that the horse was probably younger than its passported age. The horror!

Owner wanted to know:
Who can confirm the age?
How can she get the age changed on the passport?

She didn't seem to like or believe the answers telling her a) a dentist, and b) you can't.

It eventually transpired that the horse is possibly more like 2 or 2 and a half, rather than (shock!) nearly three. I say "eventually" but the debate still seemed to run for a very long time after that :p