Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

miss_c

Visit site
Seen a load of adverts like this today and it's getting on my wick...

Photo of a horse with the words, 'how beautiful is X?', 'how handsome is Y?', 'how cute is Z?'.

No further information at all, what's wrong with doing a proper advert?!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site

Photo of a horse with the words, 'how beautiful is X?', 'how handsome is Y?', 'how cute is Z?'.

Because facebook are deleting them all! I can tell you have been off sick :p

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site

That is also the new rider for maisie/Ricky Sawyer if the same adverts I'm thinking of and have seen.

windand rain

Visit site
Got a torrent of abuse for pointing out you cannot sell or transport horses without a passport when someone was trying to sell a scrub colt for a quick £200 no passport was part of the ad. The site admin were very quick to delete the ad and tell everyone they were not allowed to sell without passports and they too got the same abuse. It is time the passport laws were enforced rigorously. Even if at random points like the old Mininstry pull ins for lorries. I know it would be a pain for law abiding people but it just might make those that flout the law think twice if they were fined heavily it might also reduce the random breeding for a quick buck.

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
just seen an advert 19yr old happy hacker, can't cope with school work. Not a novice ride because he's forward and likes to do things quickly. Price is 3k

Reactions: TPO

DreamTime22

Visit site
Lovely detailed post selling a Skewbald 5yo and loads of photos. Opening line of the description read something along the lines of

no shes not 3k don't even ask if she's bloody 3k cos she isn't going going for that nor will she ever be

....Why not just put the price on the advert then? Save yourself the hassle of people that are only looking in that budget...

SpringArising

Visit site
Just seen a good one.

Someone asking if non-riding shares are a thing, as she would like to just spend time with horses. One of the replies:

"I have 2 retired geldings, I'd be very happy for someone to make some fuss of them, and maybe feed and poo pick, no financial contribution needed" - how kind!

Peter7917

Visit site
Saw one a couple of days ago, where the owner had been told by the dentist that the horse was probably younger than its passported age. The horror!

Owner wanted to know:
Who can confirm the age?
How can she get the age changed on the passport?

She didn't seem to like or believe the answers telling her a) a dentist, and b) you can't.

It eventually transpired that the horse is possibly more like 2 or 2 and a half, rather than (shock!) nearly three. I say "eventually" but the debate still seemed to run for a very long time after that :p

Saw this one. Couldn't understand the problem, im sure I commented that if the horse was thought to be six months younger then just do everything six months later than originally planned.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
Genuinely copied from a post on Facebook which appeared on my timeline...

"1/2 horse trailer wanted - cannot weigh more than 1000kg to carry a 16.2 500kg horse.....
Not doing my test until August so either looking to collect then or have delivered to me in X location.
Good condition necessary, floor checked recently & preferably partition included. Good home waiting (it's a trailer!?)...."

Somebody responds with an ad for their trailer which is an ifor 505, recently had floor replaced (metal), serviced regularly £1000 no offers - sounds like a bargin to me.

Poster responds "was hoping to spend a little less, thanks..."

I couldn't quite fathom the logic..So you'd like a trailer in mint condition delivered to you for less than £1000, yes well I'd also love a 5* event horse for £10k but there we go...

conniegirl

Visit site
Genuinely copied from a post on Facebook which appeared on my timeline...

"1/2 horse trailer wanted - cannot weigh more than 1000kg to carry a 16.2 500kg horse.....
Not doing my test until August so either looking to collect then or have delivered to me in X location.
Good condition necessary, floor checked recently & preferably partition included. Good home waiting (it's a trailer!?)...."

Somebody responds with an ad for their trailer which is an ifor 505, recently had floor replaced (metal), serviced regularly £1000 no offers - sounds like a bargin to me.

Poster responds "was hoping to spend a little less, thanks..."

I couldn't quite fathom the logic..So you'd like a trailer in mint condition delivered to you for less than £1000, yes well I'd also love a 5* event horse for £10k but there we go...
I just paid £1500 for very similar to what she wants (and i drove 2.5hrs to go look at it!)

She won’t find anything in good condition and with a good floor on it for less than £1.5k

sportsmansB

Visit site
I got so fed up with the detailed list of requirements (16h bay gelding, done all riding club activities, no younger than 7 or older than 11, for £1000)
I replied and said 'I'd like a 5 bed house in the country on 8 acres with stables and a sandschool for the price of a 2 bed terrace in town - but I can't have one, because that price is unrealistic' and got accused of being snobby and that 'not everyone has a big budget'

Rosemary28

Visit site
There was one on a local fb page recently, "pony, £80 to anyone who can catch him". I honestly couldn't tell if she was joking or not... I really hope she was.

Visit site
I got offered a horse for nothing If I could get him onto transport to take him away. He came home with me the next day.

I have a shetland who I regularly tell people they can have if they can catch him! He is a cracking wee gelding who has done well in the show ring every time shown. I can groom him, trim his feet etc loose in the field but produce a headcollar/leadrope/bit of bailer twine that could possibly be used to catch him and he is offskis! To be fair if I really wanted to catch him I would need a 2nd pair of hands. And I only offer to him to people I know - funnily enough 3 years later no one has ever taken me up on the offer!

Rosemary28

Visit site
It was more the way she talked about the pony, she had a horrible attitude towards it. Take your point though, and I was tempted to offer to catch him, he looked a cracking little welshie!

Ddraig_wen

Visit site
Seen two adverts today on different face ache

( abridged versions)
Young large horse, naps in school, nappy to hack. Gets worse unless she is worked every day or at least 5 times a week. Owner has lost confidence but horse is lovely on the ground and to handle. Offers around 4k

Large hunter type, good to do in all ways. Has medicated kissing spine for sale as owner doesn't have time to do the rehab. Offers around 4k

Vodkagirly

Visit site
Has anyone got a 17" wintec saddle and bridle whos willing to give it away or i have a little old boiler to swap .

Do people really expect others to give away tack for free?

turkana

Visit site
Has anyone got a 17" wintec saddle and bridle whos willing to give it away or i have a little old boiler to swap .

Do people really expect others to give away tack for free?
No to a random stranger on facebook but I did donate 3 saddles to The Horse Trust on Sunday but only because it's a good cause, there's no way I'd have given them to somebody begging on the net!

indie1282

Visit site
Just seen a good one.

Someone asking if non-riding shares are a thing, as she would like to just spend time with horses. One of the replies:

"I have 2 retired geldings, I'd be very happy for someone to make some fuss of them, and maybe feed and poo pick, no financial contribution needed" - how kind!

I dont see anything wrong with this? They obviously want to share a non ridden horse and someone offered 2 retirees for some fuss. They didnt ask for money so seems fair to me.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
I dont see anything wrong with this? They obviously want to share a non ridden horse and someone offered 2 retirees for some fuss. They didnt ask for money so seems fair to me.

Not offering payment for the poo picking though?...I'd be quite happy for someone to come and poo pick my horses field for free too! I thought it sounded cheeky personally.

HashRouge

Visit site
Not offering payment for the poo picking though?...I'd be quite happy for someone to come and poo pick my horses field for free too! I thought it sounded cheeky personally.
To be fair, the person was asking for a share, which usually comes with jobs AND a financial contribution. The person replying simply suggested "maybe" poo picking, which presumably meant if the other person thought that was reasonable. I really don't think there was anything cheeky about that one - in fact, I think it was quite nice. I've got two retirees and I'm certainly not nice enough to offer some random person the chance to come and spend time with them.

Sasana Skye

Visit site
To be fair, the person was asking for a share, which usually comes with jobs AND a financial contribution. The person replying simply suggested "maybe" poo picking, which presumably meant if the other person thought that was reasonable. I really don't think there was anything cheeky about that one - in fact, I think it was quite nice. I've got two retirees and I'm certainly not nice enough to offer some random person the chance to come and spend time with them.

I get someone to groom my horses to keep them clean for me and have my fields cleared? Where do I sign up? :D