Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

xDundryx

Visit site
Todays Gem.....

'Princess 16.1hh 11y/o TB Mare.
Very sad sale of my beautiful mare Princess due to lack of time and confidence.
Good to load, clip, farrier, vet, dentist etc..
However I'm going to be as honest as I can, Princess is lame on and off though we've not been able to get to the bottom of it due to lack of funds.
Ridden wise she's a bit green however not dangerous, snaffle mouthed, lacking a bit of muscle though that will come with work.
This horse will make someone very happy, and it comes with great sadness that we’re having to sell her through no fault of her own..she’s such a sweet mare!
5 Star home only!
Viewing is to include a ride.
£700 OVNO including tack'

xDundryx

Visit site
Well maybe In today's market there could be a 0 missing off there ? I feel sorry for the horse people will effectively be riding a lame horse when they try it and it will already invalidate any insurance if taken out. The poster was advertising for a cheap TB only a couple of weeks ago...wonder if this is the resulting purchase ?? ??

Wishfilly

Visit site
Todays Gem.....

'Princess 16.1hh 11y/o TB Mare.
Very sad sale of my beautiful mare Princess due to lack of time and confidence.
Good to load, clip, farrier, vet, dentist etc..
However I'm going to be as honest as I can, Princess is lame on and off though we've not been able to get to the bottom of it due to lack of funds.
Ridden wise she's a bit green however not dangerous, snaffle mouthed, lacking a bit of muscle though that will come with work.
This horse will make someone very happy, and it comes with great sadness that we’re having to sell her through no fault of her own..she’s such a sweet mare!
5 Star home only!
Viewing is to include a ride.
£700 OVNO including tack'

That ad makes me very sad for the horse- can only hope she is picked up by someone honest and the lameness is something that's relatively easy to fix.

"Viewing is to include a ride" seems an odd thing to say if the horse is intermittently lame.

Pippity

Visit site
I had somebody wanting to take a saddle I'm selling to try. They're local, so I said, sure, just pay for it before you take it. If it doesn't fit, I'll refund the money. They offered to leave a different saddle with me as security instead. I'm selling the saddle, not swapping it!

Last edited:

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
Not horse related but I was selling my car for a very fair price (had checked auto trader and other local ads, was a 10 year old car but had done half the miles of others its age so was really good condition, no bumps etc).

Idiot no1: Will you accept £x
Me: No, my lowest is £y
Idiot no1: I could get a cadillac for £y, hun.
Me: ...then go buy a cadillac?
Idiot no1: I don't want a cadillac, just saying hun.
Me: if you find the same car with similar miles for less then I suggest you snap it up, "hun".

Taught me to never sell a car privately again, I will be running my next one into the ground or part exchanging at a dealership.

Cowpony

Visit site
Just seen this and it's hilarious!

Does your child say they want a pony?
Do you want to make sure they’re serious?
Do they have skin thicker than leather, and are you prepared to buy them some tiny steel capped boots?
If the answer is yes then I have the pony for you!!

Xxx is in desperate need of a new home. He has been with us since 2015, and I have tried most years to find him a new family. In all seriousness he needs someone very specific and until I find them, he won’t be going anywhere. Despite the bruises, we all ADORE this little guy.
He is the MOST beautiful, “full of character” pony you will ever meet. He could do anything, from driving, to clown tricks (lies down on command, and learns extremely fast). He also knows that if he stands on your toes, he can head butt you over and there’s absolutely nothing you can do about it. I can’t stress enough that he needs a job, I don’t know what job, but he has to be using his brain at least 2/3 times a week or he turns into a tyrant.
Im looking for an experienced, ballsy family who ENJOY quirks and won’t try to beat it out of him.
I have his full medical history available. He has probably had more veterinary investigations than the entire yard put together, and so far, they have found nothing physically wrong with him

conniegirl

Visit site
I Posted a wanted advert for a show saddle as have just sold cobbus’ showsaddle (too long for him really)
Was very specific, wanting a 16.5” show saddle, must be a wide fit, must be brown, must be leather or suede. Even put that i am not interested in GP’s, WH, VSD or dressage saddles.

First reply was offering a 17” rather worse for wear looking blqck synthetic GP saddle!

Argghhhh! Feel like banging my head against a wall

Last edited:
Visit site
Some of the messages we get for horses are too good to be true! We kind of have an unagreed upon policy about txt spk and doggy ears/cats eyes/whatever type of stupid filter on profile pics in that unless they prove otherwise they are too immature.

A message received recently said:

Hey, do u hv ne horse tht not made grade tht i cn hv. A lst ma horse @ xmas nd wnt ma new bf. It wud wnt f nutin. Tanx xxxxxxx

Nope. Absolutely not. I am not even going to Facebook stalk you. Plus we have no no horses looking for a new life just now anyway.

We have had a lot of messages asking for horses in the last few months. Most start the message with a variation of: I heard you give horses on loan, for free etc. A few have written down exactly what they want, what they want to do with the horse, how it will be kept etc. I LOVE these people! Because they aren't messing about, they know exactly what they want. And if we don't have anything to suit I keep their message in a seperate file to offer them first refusal if a suitable horse comes up.

First impressions make all the difference!

Bt a am jst a bg meanoe ho dnt knw nuthin an am jst jdgng a bk by its cvr!

Cloball

Visit site
Not on Facebook but Preloved-

An advert that essentially boils down to "looking for someone to restart my horse for free". The horse "broncs" and seems to have injured the rider in the past. The horse is also described as "can be a nightmare".

Really sounds like someone who needs professional help but isn't willing to pay for it.
At least they mentioned the broncing I went to hack out a horse for a lady as she 'lacked the time' I found out after he bolted with me that he had previous and had put someone in hospital. Poor guy had been terribly started.

Wishfilly

Visit site
At least they mentioned the broncing I went to hack out a horse for a lady as she 'lacked the time' I found out after he bolted with me that he had previous and had put someone in hospital. Poor guy had been terribly started.

That is true- at least they seem willing to be honest about the horse!

What happened to you sounds awful and I don't understand how they thought you wouldn't find out he was a bolter!

Cloball

Visit site
That is true- at least they seem willing to be honest about the horse!

What happened to you sounds awful and I don't understand how they thought you wouldn't find out he was a bolter!
? They seemed so sweet and genuine I'd like to think they were just novicey naive and getting very bad advice but that might be wishful thinking. Although their solution after I vowed out was a strong man with a rough rep with a strong bit for a confused anxious wobbly horse ?.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
After being kept alone in his new home for days. Even though the new owner has two other horses. And now returned to his breeder. Thank goodness.

Yes, that's the one - normal recently castrated yearling is called 'dominant' and everything is the breeder's fault. *sigh* I shouldn't have looked at her channel again but I gave into temptation. I really hope that her other yearling isn't kept on individual turnout now (they had some fencing to divide the field). I guess we'll see.

Wishfilly

Visit site
? They seemed so sweet and genuine I'd like to think they were just novicey naive and getting very bad advice but that might be wishful thinking. Although their solution after I vowed out was a strong man with a rough rep with a strong bit for a confused anxious wobbly horse ?.

Poor horse, doesn't sound like a great set up for him at all.

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
£1,000 ONO Wanted Horse Wanted for daughter

So a very cheap horse wanted.

Description
Horse wanted around 15.3-16hh+, any around the age of 1-8 years old. Looking for a horse as she is wanting to start horse riding again! Probably would say she is a intermediate or experienced rider. Preferably a horse that doesn’t have any vices or stable vices. Looking for one close by so we would be able to visit and see the horse.

That description is pretty scary though. 1 - 8 years old... but they want a riding horse. I hope it's just a non-horsey parent writing this who just doesn't know any better.

holeymoley

Visit site
Some of the messages we get for horses are too good to be true! We kind of have an unagreed upon policy about txt spk and doggy ears/cats eyes/whatever type of stupid filter on profile pics in that unless they prove otherwise they are too immature.

A message received recently said:

Hey, do u hv ne horse tht not made grade tht i cn hv. A lst ma horse @ xmas nd wnt ma new bf. It wud wnt f nutin. Tanx xxxxxxx

Nope. Absolutely not. I am not even going to Facebook stalk you. Plus we have no no horses looking for a new life just now anyway.

We have had a lot of messages asking for horses in the last few months. Most start the message with a variation of: I heard you give horses on loan, for free etc. A few have written down exactly what they want, what they want to do with the horse, how it will be kept etc. I LOVE these people! Because they aren't messing about, they know exactly what they want. And if we don't have anything to suit I keep their message in a seperate file to offer them first refusal if a suitable horse comes up.

First impressions make all the difference!

Bt a am jst a bg meanoe ho dnt knw nuthin an am jst jdgng a bk by its cvr!

I didn't think anyone actually typed like that anymore, even in text! I must be getting old, it took me ages to work out what they said o_O