Cheeky/ridiculous posts you see on Facebook.

Visit site
I write like that when I'm being incredibly sarcastic....? Part of me always hopes such adverts, for the animals' sake, are tongue-in-cheek, but somehow I think I may be being a tad optimistic. :confused:

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I Posted a wanted advert for a show saddle as have just sold cobbus’ showsaddle (too long for him really)
Was very specific, wanting a 16.5” show saddle, must be a wide fit, must be brown, must be leather or suede. Even put that i am not interested in GP’s, WH, VSD or dressage saddles.

First reply was offering a 17” rather worse for wear looking blqck synthetic GP saddle!

Argghhhh! Feel like banging my head against a wall

You might find what you need if you go on the used native pony saddles Facebook page there are always lots of wide show saddles on there.

scats

Visit site
Not an advert but I saw a post last night from an older teen I know. Video of a pony being ridden and desperately unhappy to canter- switching leads, head in the air, rushing, skipping behind... teen still trying to get the canter.
Her post states that its impossible to get the animal to canter because it’s so unbalanced and (in bold writing) she doesn’t want any comments that it’s not right because it’s been checked- saddle, back etc. Horrid to watch, pony was desperately trying to do what was asked, but it’s hind legs were all over the place.
Absolutely screams PSD or SI. Had to hide the post and try and forget about it because I know there is no point in getting into an argument with a teenager who thinks they know everything and won’t listen anyway.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
Not an advert but I saw a post last night from an older teen I know. Video of a pony being ridden and desperately unhappy to canter- switching leads, head in the air, rushing, skipping behind... teen still trying to get the canter.
Her post states that its impossible to get the animal to canter because it’s so unbalanced and (in bold writing) she doesn’t want any comments that it’s not right because it’s been checked- saddle, back etc. Horrid to watch, pony was desperately trying to do what was asked, but it’s hind legs were all over the place.
Absolutely screams PSD or SI. Had to hide the post and try and forget about it because I know there is no point in getting into an argument with a teenager who thinks they know everything and won’t listen anyway.

This kind of thing darme nuts. Why post a video if you don’t want comments? So stupid.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
This kind of thing darme nuts. Why post a video if you don’t want comments? So stupid.

But they did want comments, it was only the wrong (according to them) type of comments which they didn't want.

c151.gif

Cloball

Visit site
I saw a similar (no nearly so bad) post with a pony with its head hoiked right into his chest being booted into a toe flinging trot with the back legs in another county, with the tag line 'look at that amazing trot'. There was added slo mo to fully appreciate the discomfort.

Any comments politely suggesting all was not well we're shouted down with 'no comments it's my instructor riding and she's amazing'. ??

Lulwind

Visit site
On section D group. Lovely stallion. Caption one month into schooling. Bit is a gag and rider with what very much looks like rowled (sp) spurs on. Had to refrain from commenting

Sleipnir

Visit site
Was not a sales post, more like some proud rambling about a successful childs' first show. Pic shows a horse with a Baucher bit upside down, reins connected to "shanks". And it's not the first time I've seen this error either... Wonder where the ring stewards are looking.

Could not refrain from commenting, but, instead of shaming, just posted a link to an article about Baucher bits.

Annagain

Visit site
My favourite one recently was a girl who insisted her horse's sweet itch was caused by insects living in his coat - she wanted someone to come and clip his coat off even though he was covered in open, weeping, puss-filled sores. The thought of someone trying to go over them with clippers, or loose hair getting stuck in them was barbaric. She would not accept that she was confusing mites and sweet itch and said she couldn't put a rug on him as it would hold the insects in and stop them flying away. I don't know how many people posted links to pages about sweet itch but she can't have read any of them because two days later she was still insisting she was right and the world was wrong.

frostie652

Visit site
Poster is obviously young but saw this on Preloved today...

I'm looking for a loving 16 or 17 hand horse to give a loving home to , i'm looking for the price range of up to £400. If u have any suggestions or suitable horses of my description please tell me.It must be able to jump at least a metre.I don't mind what gender,breed or location as long as its at least 16 hands,able to jump and good at travelling for longer than an hour xx thank you so much x please contact me if u have any suitable horses for a happy home with me xxxxxxxxxx i will be purchasing it around in a years time when i have everything xx thank you x

frostie652

Visit site
Which I believe is also linked to this post..

me and my step sister are saving up for a new field or cheap livery in the next year, we are looking for a small field with a price of up to £200 a year. Please contact us if you know or have something that relates to this .Have a nice day x thank you xxx

Frumpoon

Visit site
In the last 48 hours we have had 7 messages asking for horses on loan. We don't have anything just now leaving racing but there are 2 that will be by the end of summer and neither will be loaned they will be for sale. People want them for nothing just now and then give them back in winter!

Ooh jumps or flat?

FFAQ

Visit site
Slightly off topic as this was a breeder offering to sell a horse to me. The original agreement was that he'd be mine on loan forever (no loan agreement of course). I was a total novice so completely believed her when she said he had 'a touch of ringbone but nothing to worry about'. I had the vet out to do vaccinations. He listened to the heart and took a step back! The poor horse had a really bad heart condition, very advanced ring bone and what looked like ringworm (turned out to be pemphigus). The breeder went nuts when she found out i'd had the vet round. I was happy to keep him as i'd fallen in love and he was a saint. I offered to get a second opinion and she very quickly stopped yelling and decided that wasn't necessary. Then offered to sell him to me for £700!
I decided to think about it ?and thought about it until he died about 2 years later, having enjoyed a nice quiet retirement and I enjoyed 2 years of loaning the sweetest horse ever.
That was my first lesson in 'never trust a horse person' ☹️

Teaboy

Visit site
Some of the messages we get for horses are too good to be true! We kind of have an unagreed upon policy about txt spk and doggy ears/cats eyes/whatever type of stupid filter on profile pics in that unless they prove otherwise they are too immature.

A message received recently said:

Hey, do u hv ne horse tht not made grade tht i cn hv. A lst ma horse @ xmas nd wnt ma new bf. It wud wnt f nutin. Tanx xxxxxxx

Nope. Absolutely not. I am not even going to Facebook stalk you. Plus we have no no horses looking for a new life just now anyway.

We have had a lot of messages asking for horses in the last few months. Most start the message with a variation of: I heard you give horses on loan, for free etc. A few have written down exactly what they want, what they want to do with the horse, how it will be kept etc. I LOVE these people! Because they aren't messing about, they know exactly what they want. And if we don't have anything to suit I keep their message in a seperate file to offer them first refusal if a suitable horse comes up.

First impressions make all the difference!

Bt a am jst a bg meanoe ho dnt knw nuthin an am jst jdgng a bk by its cvr!

Really irking me lately how many ex race horse ‘retrainers’ are popping up everywhere! No love, getting horses from trainers for nothing/peanuts and selling it for £300 more 3 days later isn’t retraining!!!! Argh!!

Flicker

Visit site
Really irking me lately how many ex race horse ‘retrainers’ are popping up everywhere! No love, getting horses from trainers for nothing/peanuts and selling it for £300 more 3 days later isn’t retraining!!!! Argh!!

There have been a couple popping up on my FB feed. Most of the horses look dog lame. There are a few of a clearly stressed animal trotting round a tatty outdoor school accompanied by ? emojis...

[131452]

Visit site
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO RIDE AND COMPETE
This could be part or full loan
Based near xxx the horse should come stay at my very own yard
Must be able jump at least 90/1m out competing
Must be ok in traffic and not nasty
16h plus
Novice dressage +

So you want someone to give you like a 7 grand horse ?
OK then ?‍♀️

Snowfilly

Visit site
LOOKING FOR SOMETHING TO RIDE AND COMPETE
This could be part or full loan
Based near xxx the horse should come stay at my very own yard
Must be able jump at least 90/1m out competing
Must be ok in traffic and not nasty
16h plus
Novice dressage +

So you want someone to give you like a 7 grand horse ?
OK then ?‍♀️

I saw something almost identical to this get loaned out recently - only 15.2 but ticked all the other boxes. Owner was pregnant and wanted it competed and kept ticking over for a year while she had the baby and whatever.
I could see a gap year or job posting abroad working as well?
It’s a LOT to ask for but within the bounds of possibility unlike most of these.

Mari

Visit site
On section D group. Lovely stallion. Caption one month into schooling. Bit is a gag and rider with what very much looks like rowled (sp) spurs on. Had to refrain from commenting
Very restrained of you. I’m not so restrained & do sometimes comment on things like this (& often get a lot of likes to my comment) but I leave it at that & don’t engage in ‘conversation’ with them.

Caol Ila

Visit site
Saw one today on a local horsey group advertising a 12-year old mare, diagnosed with kissing spines, and the ad suggested that she could "possibly be rehabbed by the right person." Oy.