Cheltenham 2024

Brummyrat

Visit site
Snowfilly sadly it was true about the carparks, I didn't go this year but a good friend did, she's a regular racegoer and parked in the public carpark across the road and they were eventually towed out at 9pm. Still loads of cars waiting behind them. My bladder and my patience would not have been impressed!

McGrools

Visit site
I’m a die hard Cheltenham fan but this year was rubbish imo. I couldn’t even bring myself to watch it all on the tv. Thursday was much better than tues/ weds. But Mullins horses streets ahead of ours. Not at all competitive. Mostly foregone conclusions.
I think the only racegoers attending are those with the cash to glam up and post themselves all over social media.
Serious changes need to be made imo.

Brummyrat

Visit site
I agree McGrools, Mullins has become the Aiden O'Brien of NH and whilst I admire both of these teams in their respective fields, they are amazing at what they do, it does detract from the excitement that we usually have at Cheltenham.

Clodagh

Visit site
Unless I have a horse running I won’t book next year off as holiday. I’ve done that every year since I came back from Australia in 1996.
But if Nicky Henderson’s horses weren’t ill it may not have been quite so bad. 🤷‍♀️

Last edited: