Cheltenham

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I did see the Saphir one when they were first added I thought she must be absolutely freezing!!

Lovely to see Cue Card ridden by his old stable hand.

Anyone got any news on the fallers in the last the BBC thing has finished but firstly said 3 were getting treatment then that one was still down but 2 had got up?

Graham Wylie/Mullins horse lost.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Wow. Started getting excited as Hell's Kitchen was doing well and I'd stuck a pound on each way at huge odds after a weird hunch I felt this morning when I don't usually bet but I do love Altior.

Why would you try and go up in trip when hes doing so well at this distance?

Glad Rich Ricci didn't win he makes my skin crawl 😂

joosie

Visit site
Your point is ? We have been watching a champion, that’s what people are commenting on

Erm, I don't have a point. It's called News! Thought since people mentioned this race earlier on in the thread that they would be interesed in an update. Jesus Christ this forum has gone nasty.

joosie

Visit site
You came off as goady tbf

Goady isn't a word so I don't know what you mean. But this is a thread about Cheltenham, posted in the News section, and I posted a News article about Cheltenham, about a race that has already been mentioned, so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here. Excuse me for contributing, learned my lesson there didn't I!

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
Goady isn't a word so I don't know what you mean. But this is a thread about Cheltenham, posted in the News section, and I posted a News article about Cheltenham, about a race that has already been mentioned, so I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here. Excuse me for contributing, learned my lesson there didn't I!

Goady is a slang word commonly used on discussion boards - it means to goad or provoke someone into an argument - I think you probably know this 😆

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
The only downside to the itv coverage is this coverage of what people are wearing ! It’s not ascot, does anyone care ?

And the shouting 😳 I did just comment to my OH about the ridiculous hats - NH was always about the racing not the fashion 🙄

Visit site
What a horse Tiger roll is! He may not win a Gold Cup but he is certainly a Cheltenham Legend!

As much as I would love to see him come home in front in the National again I would prefer Arthur to instead 😂😊

I am glad Gordons horses have picked up a bit of form today. Yesterday was shocking! 1 place that was all! The rest ran no sort of race!

joosie

Visit site
Goady is a slang word commonly used on discussion boards - it means to goad or provoke someone into an argument - I think you probably know this 😆

No, I actually don't. I'm 34, there's actually a lot of young person slang I don't know. Funny how MY post was perfectly innocent yet YOU are the one who seems determined to pick a fight. Over and out!

Visit site
Doesn't sound like any of you have seen this! 1 horse dead and 3 jockeys suspended for continuing on exhausted horses.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...ham-festival-national-hunt-chase-horse-racing

I saw that and I was also very disapointed in whichever channel (I actually think it was ITV...) picked Ruby Walsh falling at the last as their moment of the day! They had a brilliant Supreme winner, a fantastic Arkle winner and a 5yo beauty winning the Champion Hurdle by 15 lengths and yet they choose a horse falling ... how to make the public like racing! Not! Idiot's!

I didnt watch the amatuer race but I was appaled when I saw the results of the carnage that went on. Im not sure I agree with some of the bans though.

Tihamandturkey

Visit site
No, I actually don't. I'm 34, there's actually a lot of young person slang I don't know. Funny how MY post was perfectly innocent yet YOU are the one who seems determined to pick a fight. Over and out!

I'm 56 & def not after an argument 😄

bonny

Visit site
I saw that and I was also very disapointed in whichever channel (I actually think it was ITV...) picked Ruby Walsh falling at the last as their moment of the day! They had a brilliant Supreme winner, a fantastic Arkle winner and a 5yo beauty winning the Champion Hurdle by 15 lengths and yet they choose a horse falling ... how to make the public like racing! Not! Idiot's!

I didnt watch the amatuer race but I was appaled when I saw the results of the carnage that went on. Im not sure I agree with some of the bans though.
Did you hear Tony McCoy’s comments about it ? I agreed with every word and well done him for saying it

Visit site
Yeah I caught up with that just now. Its good to have the perspective of such a well regarded jockey who tells you exactly what would have been going on in the heads of the lads riding. And not that of a pencil pusher who wants to appease the fluffy bunny huggers!

bonny

Visit site
I don't know that he is under rated - how could he be, with his results? Didn't he just stroll in today though, amazing!
He’s winning the cross country race, there are some who think he could be winning the gold cup ! Hard to oppose him now for a second national ?

Visit site
Tiger Roll wouldn't win a Gold Cup. He is a high class Handicapper but he is not a top class horse. He would run his race and be placed but he wouldn't win it. Very very few horses do both the Gold Cup and the National. They are 2 different types of horses completely.

bonny

Visit site
Tiger Roll wouldn't win a Gold Cup. He is a high class Handicapper but he is not a top class horse. He would run his race and be placed but he wouldn't win it. Very very few horses do both the Gold Cup and the National. They are 2 different types of horses completely.
How many horses can you name that have won a triumph hurdle, several cross country races, a grand national and then come back and run like he did today ? I think he could be anything and I wish they would campaign him differently and have a go, he’s proved he can win anything else !

Clodagh

Visit site
How many horses can you name that have won a triumph hurdle, several cross country races, a grand national and then come back and run like he did today ? I think he could be anything and I wish they would campaign him differently and have a go, he’s proved he can win anything else !

I think his heart and his breeding would get him up that hill. I would love to see him in it as well. I would prefer him in that than the National tbh, I don't like the National that much.

Chiffy

Visit site
Late to this post but have to register that I love Altior and also Nico’s cool riding. I find it increasingly hard to watch though as I can’t bear the thought of something going wrong as it does so often with horses. Long may he reign!