Cheltenham

Velcrobum

Visit site
Another nail biter but Paisley Park just blitzed his race got stuck in the middle of the field and then showed a stunning turn of speed to catch and pass the leaders and win by close to 3 lengths. Another stunning race.....

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Lizzie just won the last and it just shows girls are just as capable as the boys with the right horses, today was one of the best days ever, just so emotional and a lovely comment from Aiden Coleman whose first thought after the line was of his friend, what a loss he was as well as the horse.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Was really hoping Sam spinners jockey who was supposed to be in court about drink driving didn't win!

Glad Paisley Park won as nice for the owner, lots of lady riders winning this festival 3 of them now isnt it?

Visit site
Sadly not! He comes home tomorrow morning. If you look on the yards fb page there are some videos of him being ridden out by the boss this morning - he was far better behaved than I expected and Im not going to lie I am slightly disappointed in him for not taking the mickey 😂😂😂

I didnt see much of cheltenham. I had the delights of a very mudy Hexham ...

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Sadly not! He comes home tomorrow morning. If you look on the yards fb page there are some videos of him being ridden out by the boss this morning - he was far better behaved than I expected and Im not going to lie I am slightly disappointed in him for not taking the mickey 😂😂😂

I didnt see much of cheltenham. I had the delights of a very mudy Hexham ...

Hexham is lovely this time of the year 😂

Clodagh

Visit site
A friend of mine lives with a jockey. He was riding at Huntingdon yesterday, so she left him to it and went to Cheltenham with a friend. I said to OH - imagine being the box driver (or whatever) one goes to Cheltenham and the other somewhere else!

minesadouble

Visit site
Was really hoping Sam spinners jockey who was supposed to be in court about drink driving didn't win!

Glad Paisley Park won as nice for the owner, lots of lady riders winning this festival 3 of them now isnt it?

In fairness the jockey's hearing was rescheduled due to his Cheltenham commitments and innocent until until proven and all that.....

Mariposa

Visit site
Well I've just about stopped crying from Bryony's amazing win!

I was there on Tuesday (in the driving rain!) and was right next to the final hurdle when Benie fell. Poor mare had mud and earth all over her face, she looked very unhappy - lovely girl that she is.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for a Team Tizz 1/2/3 in the Gold Cup. Hope it starts raining, come on Native River!

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
I'm going to be glued to the telly all day tomorrow, with a son racing Schools' Head on the Tideway in London in the morning, and Cheltenham in the afternoon. I shall call it "working from home" ;)

Clodagh

Visit site
Well I've just about stopped crying from Bryony's amazing win!

I was there on Tuesday (in the driving rain!) and was right next to the final hurdle when Benie fell. Poor mare had mud and earth all over her face, she looked very unhappy - lovely girl that she is.

Tomorrow I'm hoping for a Team Tizz 1/2/3 in the Gold Cup. Hope it starts raining, come on Native River!

It was an awful fall, I was hoping for an update on how she was. She looked a bit sore.

Crazy_cat_lady

Visit site
Just watching on catch up now, love Bryony Frost's interviews she speaks so enthusiastically and always so quick to compliment the horse. Frodon looks like he'd make a fantastic hunter/eventer.

Clodagh

Visit site
Just watching on catch up now, love Bryony Frost's interviews she speaks so enthusiastically and always so quick to compliment the horse. Frodon looks like he'd make a fantastic hunter/eventer.
She is amazing, isn't she? She can make anyone, horsey or not, feel the bond.

Chiffy

Visit site
I agree EKW, she was putting words into Frodon’s mouth! So funny!
She just seems to relish the moment and what the horses do for her rather than thinking about this is one for girl power or furthering her career.

Clodagh

Visit site
I agree EKW, she was putting words into Frodon’s mouth! So funny!
She just seems to relish the moment and what the horses do for her rather than thinking about this is one for girl power or furthering her career.

Did you see the Opening Show where Alice Plunkett asked Rachel Blackmore about being a 'lady jockey' (I hate that term). She got a cold stare and a very terse reply. Even Richard Hoiles said it was patronising to keep saying it. These women riders are amazing and gender irrelevant. I hope the anti women riders like Henrietta Kngiht can now move into the 20th century (it would be nearer than they are now).

Clodagh

Visit site
So, moving on to today, who will win the gold cup ? Anyone got any ideas ?

The GC has never been the best race of the meeting for me, so it tends to come as an afterthought! I absolutely love Might Bite but I don't think he has ever got over last years effort. I won't abandon him now though. I love Native River. As long as it is British trained!!

Brummyrat

Visit site
I think what sets Bryony Frost aside from the other female jockeys is that she genuinely praises the horses. She is still like a little 6yo girl that wants to paint her pony with pink sparkles and put a unicorn horn on it! The others just see them as a means to an end to win races.

That's similar to what I said on a FB page last night, she is like a pony mad kid still, just love it. What a ride she gave the horse and he was so genuine for her, that leap at the ditch top of the hill! I was in bits at work just hearing it second hand from people who were watching it. Now all we need is Thistlecrack to make this fairytale come true, him or his stablemate will do for me *prays