Child equestrian influencers

jnb

Visit site
I
There’s a dressage rider, who is currently on a weight loss journey, which is fine, but I’m finding the scantily clad posing and long winded ‘inspirational’ posts all a bit attention seeking and ridiculous. Does no-one ever do anything in private anymore, for themselves? I’d far rather be watching her train her horses (which I think she does fantastically, I must add.)

Which dressage rider? I don't think I have ever seen one that's over a size 8 so I'd be interested to know please?
Thank you

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I find the influencer thing in general very odd. There’s a few adult ones I follow because I like what they do with their horses and just enjoy watching them compete but there’s some I have had to unfollow.
There’s a dressage rider, who is currently on a weight loss journey, which is fine, but I’m finding the scantily clad posing and long winded ‘inspirational’ posts all a bit attention seeking and ridiculous. Does no-one ever do anything in private anymore, for themselves? I’d far rather be watching her train her horses (which I think she does fantastically, I must add.)
i think she has history of doing a bit of oversharing, i found the religion based posts hard to swallow too, i felt that was not a great topic for a professional horse training page but i guess you can choose who you follow :/

AShetlandBitMeOnce

Visit site
i think she has history of doing a bit of oversharing, i found the religion based posts hard to swallow too, i felt that was not a great topic for a professional horse training page but i guess you can choose who you follow :/

This is what made me stop watching, I used to quite enjoy her warts and all videos and the way she trained so it was a shame.

SEL

Visit site
This is what made me stop watching, I used to quite enjoy her warts and all videos and the way she trained so it was a shame.

I also stopped - the over sharing was a bit much.

There were a couple of 14yo girls around here who set up on Instagram / Youtube trying to be sponsored riders for x,y,z brands and that made me feel quite awkward and wondering why their parents thought it was OK. In time they both seem to have gradually stopped posting and I think that's because school work and the need to go out into the big world and get a proper job has taken over!

Reactions: TPO

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
But I guess if they think that important part of what makes them and their 'authenticity' then I guess its important to them and their 'story'. The eventing ones all annoy me, the dressage ones annoy me. I am not interested in kids. I like the decent professional pages with occasional glimpses and I guess that will have to do.

Reactions: SEL

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
That's what i mean, you choose who you follow.
I found her fairly interesting to follow until all the personal stuff crept in, and then it started to feel weird. Yesterday she posted about how people had unfollowed after all her weight loss posts so building an audience is clearly important to her... posting stuff that turns people off is going to hinder that, ultimately.

Celtic Jewel

Visit site
You would wonder about the physiology impact on these kids / pre teens that grew up on the internet for thousands to see them because there parents made huge money on them, if you look at Harlow and popcorn last few videos they bought a massive house and are building stables and are going to be putting a arena and they currently have horses in their temporarily stables on there property When they are waiting for new fancy stables to come in may . The mother is getting that much money off Harlow she can buy a house like that and build stables and an arena . Also the generation isn’t old enough to express how they felt about it honestly the equine YouTube channel Harlow and popcorn, Harlow is 12 years old and you wonder how she is going to feel as adult looking back at the videos. You wonder when the YouTube channel eventually dies will these kids/ teens suffer the consequences . I actually miss the old type of YouTube where people just post videos of their horses you can’t even find the old videos anymore because YouTube has deactivated or they just aren’t in the search bar anymore.

SpotsandBays

Visit site
You would wonder about the physiology impact on these kids / pre teens that grew up on the internet for thousands to see them because there parents made huge money on them, if you look at Harlow and popcorn last few videos they bought a massive house and are building stables and are going to be putting a arena and they currently have horses in their temporarily stables on there property When they are waiting for new fancy stables to come in may . The mother is getting that much money off Harlow she can buy a house like that and build stables and an arena . Also the generation isn’t old enough to express how they felt about it honestly the equine YouTube channel Harlow and popcorn, Harlow is 12 years old and you wonder how she is going to feel as adult looking back at the videos. You wonder when the YouTube channel eventually dies will these kids/ teens suffer the consequences . I actually miss the old type of YouTube where people just post videos of their horses you can’t even find the old videos anymore because YouTube has deactivated or they just aren’t in the search bar anymore.
Not to defend the situation but I think it’s important to note that Harlow mum Chelsea is/was a glamour model and also has a very successful photography business (think high profile wedding), so probably makes a fair whack of money herself…

HopOnTrot

Visit site
There have always been and will always be pushy parents. I can’t think of any childhood actor that has a happy story to tell, this will be the same I imagine.

Mine are only allowed a little bit of YouTube, the eldest loves a snake breeding/rescue channel and the youngest loves a cooking show 😁

Bobthecob15

Visit site
Not to defend the situation but I think it’s important to note that Harlow mum Chelsea is/was a glamour model and also has a very successful photography business (think high profile wedding), so probably makes a fair whack of money herself…
I was about to say the same, I don’t really like them but the mum is a very successful photographer she travels all over the world to celebrity weddings etc so she’s obviously got a few pennies of her own regardless of the kids income

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Having met Harlow and mummy the whole thing makes me very uncomfortable. I don't doubt mummy is good at her job and I applaud her for making good money etc as a model/photographer. But something makes me incredibly uneasy about the way the poor child is protrayed and what it's teaching her and other children.

maya2008

Visit site
The channels that are more ‘staged’ and less personal - it’s not so dissimilar from child actors/models, is it? Not that they always have a good experience either.

The others…no. Too much is often shared about the child’s life. It’s their life, they should have the right to choose what they share when they are old enough.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
It’s on companies house income £500k

ozpoz

Visit site
Harlow has certainly influenced a 7 year old I know. A couple of watches and she instantly adopted mannerisms and insisted on matchy despite sub zero temperatures! A little good humoured conversation took place …..🙂

suestowford

Visit site
I haven't seen a vid of Kizzy & Ettie for a while, I thought they must have stopped doing the films.
I don't like kids being on social media at all, it's a cesspit and that's no place for a child.

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
I haven't seen a vid of Kizzy & Ettie for a while, I thought they must have stopped doing the films.
I don't like kids being on social media at all, it's a cesspit and that's no place for a child.

At one point I think mummy moted the idea of doing a sort of paid subscription to watch videos of her little moppets. That's was after her idea of people paying 'to come for a picnic with the ponies at the fairy glade' got massively shot down for being just an awful idea.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I just think of the place in Essex as I lived not far from there for years, I did have a little laugh about it I must admit it wouldn't be my choice for a child's name but each to their own.