Christmas Meet chat thread

_GG_

Visit site
I have made the executive decision to bring a friend who will hopefully be joining the forum. She is a Brazilian showjumper, getting into eventing...the lady that has Molly now. She is just the lovliest person and doesn't get out much or know many people here so i hope you all don't mind. Xxx

_GG_

Visit site
GG
A table's been booked from 2pm, right? Who should we ask for?
:)

Yep, I should be there for 1:30 anyway with Pippipony and my +1. If anyone is there before me though, it's booked under Bray! I might get confused though, Dan keeps finding pieces of paper and getting me to practice writing what my new name will be :)

you mean you don't think GG will work?
Or for the crazy horse ladies from the internet?

I think crazy horse ladies would be fab!

GG, luckylou is also coming, she hasn't posted on this thread but we've made arrangements for me to pick her up! :)

Ax

Awesome, thank you.

:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:

I don't believe for one second that you are actually shocked ;) xx

_GG_

Visit site
I am so looking forward to this!

Me too...and I bet you are looking forward to tomorrow as well aren't you!!! :)

I have a couple of extra gifts just in case anyone hasn't had time to sort anything so if any of you are pushed for time, don't worry :)

I should add here that this is a BIG deal for me. I am ok with HUGE events as I can go unnoticed when I disappear from time to time. I am ok with just a few people in a quiet place. Dan and I have been together for almost 7 years and in that time, I have never, repeat, NEVER done anything like this. I am an animal person. I surround myself with them and I am great socially so long as I can pretty much have total control. Normally, the idea of being in a busy pub with more than 3 other women would genuinely make me extremely anxious. I am a complete introvert but I hide it really well.
However, for some unknown reason, helped by the fact that I have met so many of you already, I am properly excited about this and not at all anxious...not in the slightest. Dan is in shock and very very happy to see me so excited about "going out with the girls".

I used to be so outgoing, was always slightly introverted but after the ID theft and fraud, I became awful and I finally feel like the last piece of the old me is back :)

Dusty....have fun tomorrow, get loads of piccies too :) xxx

PingPongPony

Visit site
Eeeeek excited now!!! :D
Your friend is also very much welcome to come in for doggy cuddles while I run around like a headless chicken trying to get ready :D Word of warning though, my dog is a little suspicious of strangers at first (ie, hides behind me and grumbles to herself while 'assesing' the new people), but once you stroke her, she 'claims' you by sitting on you and will give you a disapproving look if you stop stroking :p xxx

_GG_

Visit site
Eeeeek excited now!!! :D
Your friend is also very much welcome to come in for doggy cuddles while I run around like a headless chicken trying to get ready :D Word of warning though, my dog is a little suspicious of strangers at first (ie, hides behind me and grumbles to herself while 'assesing' the new people), but once you stroke her, she 'claims' you by sitting on you and will give you a disapproving look if you stop stroking :p xxx

I have one of those...thank you xxx

its_noodles

Visit site
Me too...and I bet you are looking forward to tomorrow as well aren't you!!! :)

I have a couple of extra gifts just in case anyone hasn't had time to sort anything so if any of you are pushed for time, don't worry :)

I should add here that this is a BIG deal for me. I am ok with HUGE events as I can go unnoticed when I disappear from time to time. I am ok with just a few people in a quiet place. Dan and I have been together for almost 7 years and in that time, I have never, repeat, NEVER done anything like this. I am an animal person. I surround myself with them and I am great socially so long as I can pretty much have total control. Normally, the idea of being in a busy pub with more than 3 other women would genuinely make me extremely anxious. I am a complete introvert but I hide it really well.
However, for some unknown reason, helped by the fact that I have met so many of you already, I am properly excited about this and not at all anxious...not in the slightest. Dan is in shock and very very happy to see me so excited about "going out with the girls".

I used to be so outgoing, was always slightly introverted but after the ID theft and fraud, I became awful and I finally feel like the last piece of the old me is back :)

Dusty....have fun tomorrow, get loads of piccies too :) xxx

probably there before 1.30pm...
look forward to your speech...

Mince Pie

Visit site
Hi GG, I'm so sorry but I'm going to have to bail out, I'm not at all well at the moment :( Hope you guys have a lovely afternoon and hopefully I can make the next meet up.

its_noodles

Visit site
GG
Many thanks for organising the meet. It was a very relaxing Sunday afternoon indeed.
May be next time you should give a longer speech!!!

luckylou

Visit site
Arghhh I've only just found this thread, I'd been looking out for updates in the club house! lol Just wanted to say it was absolutely lovely to meet everyone today, I was very nervous as I'm not used to social gatherings but you all made me feel very welcome and I hope we get to do it again in the future :) Big thanks again to AimeeT for the lift xxx

AmieeT

Visit site
No probs Luckylou, was my pleasure! :)

Hope everyone got home safely, especially Dusty85- I know you came an awful long way :D

Definitely need to do it again soon!!

Ax

PS... I totally just got laughed at for my dress and Wellies combo (too lazy to go home and change...)

Dusty85

Visit site
Was lovely to meet you all.

Yes I came such a long way ;) I have just arrived in Devon at my dad's house so I had a bit of a drive ;)

Looking forward to the next meet!

lazysunday

Visit site
What a lovely start to Christmas.

Was feeling nervous but everyone so friendly and such fun.

Thanks again G_G for organising a great get together.

P.S When's the next meet??

_GG_

Visit site
Well, I dropped Julia off and she had a fab time and said to say thank you to you all for making her feel so welcome and I have just got in after checking rugs and all horses are toasty so it's supper time for me now.

Thank you all for coming...no speech next time, lol.

There will be a next time and it won't be too long hopefully xxx