Cleaning grooming kit.....

Suffolkangel

Visit site
I do, but am another who should do it more often... Did cheat the other day and put all my brushes in a washbag and through the washing machine.... worked a treat... :D

Clofox

Visit site
I do! I'm very obsessive..all my horsey stuff is organised and always clean! (except me when I'm at the yard!)
I do it once every 2weeks.
I soak my curry comb,and metal shredder blade thingy but before I clean them I use them to get all the hair out of the body brush Ect,I wipe over the tops of all the brushes and hoof pick, then I wipe over the hoof oil bottle and any other lotions and potions I have..Basically I use a lot of baby wipes:D

mil1212

Visit site
Basically I use a lot of baby wipes:D

:eek:, why not just dunk them in some detol water and use a cloth?!

My brushes go through the washing machine when needed (about once every 2/3 months or so) coloured horse has several different brushes depending on his cleaness, so as not to transfer mud onto him :D

DosyMare

Visit site
Some of my brushes are wooden, leather and plastic backed and are either rubber, plastic and fine soft finishing and body brushes - my body brush alone cost around £25.

I never thought about putting them in the washing machine. Would the wooden backs not expand when wet?? I now want to wash them all but don't want to bugger them.

Clofox

Visit site
:eek:, why not just dunk them in some detol water and use a cloth?!

My brushes go through the washing machine when needed (about once every 2/3 months or so) coloured horse has several different brushes depending on his cleaness, so as not to transfer mud onto him :D

I dunk some brushes, but don't want to put my wooden backed ones in there..plus I always have baby wipes handy at the yard, so if I have time I'll give a quick wile over using them! :D will try outting some in the washing machine next time! (I only cleaned em' yesterday!)

mil1212

Visit site
Some of my brushes are wooden, leather and plastic backed and are either rubber, plastic and fine soft finishing and body brushes - my body brush alone cost around £25.

I never thought about putting them in the washing machine. Would the wooden backs not expand when wet?? I now want to wash them all but don't want to bugger them.

I put wooden and plastic ones through, but not my expensive leather backed ones. Probably wouldn't put a £25 one through, or the soft goat hair ones :)

Enfys

Visit site
I have taken to doing it every couple of months or so- my method?

Take dirty brushes,
place into garbage sack -
unwrap new brushes.

millreef

Visit site
At least twice in the summer (I only get to see them for seven weeks so it's not as bad as it seems). Once at the beginning to make sure they're sparkling and once during the summer when I have the time. Plus once at the end if I'm not in a rush (which I usually am with packing).

Miss L Toe

Visit site
If you regularly brush a clipped horse over with warm water [lavender wash] this will clean as you go, use a sponge for eyes and one for dock etc, then throw all in to warm bucket of the wash after use, and that is them clean and horse clean all in one go.