Clever small tack storage

sarahann1

Visit site
Since I’m still barred from seeing my horse (4 weeks tomorrow since I’ve seen her :( ) it’s given me some time to think.

My storage is somewhat higgldypiggildy, I need to have a clear up and tidy up when I eventually get back.

So, I’ve scoured Pinterest and all the usual sources, but I’m wondering does anyone have pictures of tiny storage areas, cleverly used?

Ta!

Green Bean

Visit site
I have a BM Homestore plastic 3 drawer set in my locker. It fits under my saddle rack and keeps all the ‘bits and pieces’ readily available. Saying that though, there is never enough space, doesn’t matter the size of storage you have. I have a locker in the tack room and a large plastic garden storage bin outside my stable and still don’t have enough space!

sarahann1

Visit site
I have a BM Homestore plastic 3 drawer set in my locker. It fits under my saddle rack and keeps all the ‘bits and pieces’ readily available. Saying that though, there is never enough space, doesn’t matter the size of storage you have. I have a locker in the tack room and a large plastic garden storage bin outside my stable and still don’t have enough space!

Yeah, that’s partly my problem, I have more ‘stuff’ than space, I need to organise!

Pippity

Visit site
I have a selection of plastic crates with lids. They're labelled, "Saddle crap," "Bridle crap," "Rider crap," "Hi-viz," and "F***ING HELL FIRST AID!!!" It may take me while to find what I'm looking for in the jumbled chaos inside the box (except for the first aid one), but at least I know which box it'll be in, and having it all in boxes makes my little alcove look a lot neater. (My alcove has the floor, two easily usable shelves, about 2'x4', and a top shelf that I need to stand on a bucket to reach. I use that for storing out-of-season rugs, bagged up.)

I'd labelled them before a small child started using my tack room. As soon as I've found the charging cable for my label maker, I'll change them to something more child-friendly!

Last edited:

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Filing cabinets are good but I also have big tall metal cabinets with 2 doors like a wardrobe, filled with shelves (well, I took half the shelves out on one side to hang bridles in it and keep my long boots in). they are great for keeping thinks clean, stowed away and easily accessible. Mine are ex-MOD, they turn up 2nd hand on ebay or FB now and then.
Metal garage-type shelving is economical and sturdy, my feed bins are stacked at the bottom of mine (I use recycling hoppers) and then I have random stuff above, including a chest of plastic drawers slotted in. Plastic boxes with saddlepads and rugs stacked on top.

I have very little space, getting height is what is key for me, but I hate having boxes piled on top of each other that you have to get them all down - adjustable shelves make it quite a bit easier.