Clippers... Oh so many to choose from!

abbie.b

New User
Visit site
Hi All, i'm looking for your tried and tested reviews on ... clippers!

The horse requiring said clippers is a 16.2 athletic ISH, who just cant hold back his inner cob and therefore grows quite a large amount of feather. I currently have the Lister Star clippers which I love, however they just don't hold enough power to easily get through the feather. My problem is the said horse is a delicate flower and will not allow any clippers over 120watt touch him (without turning into a dragon!) and therefore need something powerful with low vibration and fairly quite. I have mains electricity so this is not a problem.

I am therefore looking for the impossible (I know), however I have heard good reviews about the Lister Liberty's, and Mole Valley currently have an offer on where you get the clippers, trimmers and battery pack all for £325, minus the 10% discount for your first order :D http://www.molevalleyfarmers.com/mv...t;jsessionid=243071EACE7317BB567DE02CEB955DCE

If anyone has any reviews on clippers which might just fit the bill please do let me know, I am desperate to get a clip in before the summer coats really start coming through!

Thanks in advanced :)

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
not a clue on current models but I have some elderly heiniger battery clippers and I LOVE them. They do my cob and cob x who grows outrageous amounts of hair. Had a look at the new ones at YHL and they are lighter and more ergonomic than my old ones. If I was buying new, I would not get ones that had a cord even for a battery pack.It's so much easier IMO with an integral battery esp for doing legs and heads, I hate using my corded ones now, only keep them for clipping full on yaks as they are so powerful.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
^^^ Agree with MP. I've got easy access to mains electricity, but the modern rechargeable clippers are eons better than the early versions, and are much easier and safer to use than mains clippers.

I have Heiniger Xplorers, which are powerful (well up to cob type feathers), but are easy to handle and very quiet. I bought a spare battery, but have never needed to swap batteries during a clip.

http://www.clippersharp.com/shop/heiniger-xplorer-cordless-clipper

abbie.b

New User
Visit site
^^^ Agree with MP. I've got easy access to mains electricity, but the modern rechargeable clippers are eons better than the early versions, and are much easier and safer to use than mains clippers.

I have Heiniger Xplorers, which are powerful (well up to cob type feathers), but are easy to handle and very quiet. I bought a spare battery, but have never needed to swap batteries during a clip.

http://www.clippersharp.com/shop/heiniger-xplorer-cordless-clipper

Ohhh, I will look into the Heiniger ones. Do you just use the standard blades? And do you find them heavy due to the built in battery?

Thank you :D

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I tend to use coarse or medium blades. I've been using Heiniger blade compatible clippers for over 30 years, so have built up quite a collection of blades!

The Xplorers are actually lighter and more manoverable than my mains heavy duty Heiniger Delta 3's, which was a surprise.