C'mon, Own up. How many of you would

fidleyspromise

Visit site
Mine got told from the getgo, "the horse comes first".

That horse has been sold, two more bought and he knows if he ever wants to be rid of me, what the magic words are.... :p

loulabelle

Visit site
It would be more likely to be the other way round for me.....although we are both from horse backgrounds for him horses have been his life for the past 26 years....it was only meeting him 5 years ago that got me back into horses

Jesstickle

Visit site
If he said it and really meant it then the horses would go.

OH is very understanding and tolerant of the beasts so there would be a blooming good reason for him thinking it was necessary. He is the love of my life. The horses are pets.

MissTyc

Visit site
I would definitely choose the horses, not because they mean more to me than he does, but because if he was selfish enough to make such a demand then I would never be able to look him in the face again. The relationship would be doomed from that point on.

Angua2

Visit site
he said if you have got another one, I am gone. The pony I had "hidden" for almost a year went to a very good friend and has a wonderful life. My OH is still my OH as 15yrs was too much to throw away..... he also kind of had a point.

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
Already been in this situation - horse was there before he was, so he went! I have no qualms - he knew he took me on with the horse, and the horse was a damn sight easier to live with than he was!!

Scoutie

Visit site
He was there long before the horses but the horses outlasted him! To be fair lovely man, the horses were a contributory factor but not the only one. I thought that the horses, or the friend who introduced me to having my own horse, would be cited in my divorce papers! I'm very confident that I made the right, if perhaps selfish, decison.

Spotsrock

Visit site
Well there's 3 of them and only 1 of him . . .

I don't think he'd dare risk saying it, they have been there longer than him, besides he's quite fond of them in a from-a-distance kind of a way. He jokes that I would drop him over them and grumbles that they come first but he also sends me to ride when I get fidgity and I think he knows they are part of me like the gym and play station are part of him!

I did sell 2 to be able to move from rented with land into our own house with a grown up mortgage and livery yard up the road so I did sort of put him first (well, before those 2 anyway!!)

He has asked that we not get anymore tho. Hmm how do I tell him about the 16.1 ISH arriving shortly???

Spotsrock

Visit site
Horse comes 1st everytime without question.

He's outlasted 2 serious boyfriends, including one who decided to beat him up when we broke up.

Horse will ALWAYS come first. Luckily my partner now knows this :)

Your Poor horse, still they are hardy creatures and I'm sure he is tougher than you and has bounced back tolerably well so in a way I guess better horse than you and 1 more reason to adore your horse and be grateful to it.

MosMum

Visit site
Hmmm tough call.

One of them requires constant schooling, prompting, reminding, having instructions broken down to bare minumum, daily medications which have to be administered and suffers from aspergers syndrome and ADHD.

But I'm glad to say after 7 years of marriage he can dispose of his own poo by pulling the chain.

And even on his worst days I've never needed a wheelbarrow to clean up after him!

noblesteed

Visit site
My answer is simple - if the horse goes, the 7 surfboards and the kayak and the campervan go too!!!!

I have yet to persuade him to help pay for my horse when we have a baby tho .... That's a REALLY tough one!!!!

Cedars

Visit site
If he genuinely meant it, then they would go. But thats because I know he would never say it unless we genuinely had to get rid - i.e. we couldnt afford them/one of us was too unwell to care for them. They're his to begin with, really, so I know he wouldn't say it unless he 100% meant it.

ThePony

Visit site
A friend once said to me 'choose the one that doesn't make you choose' and in this situation then the oh would be told to sling his hook (v much doubt he ever would as it is he who got me back into horses a couple of years ago and they are an essential part of life for him as they are for me!).

MosMum

Visit site
I've decided. The horses can go if his obsession- his stupidly expensive DSLR Camera and all the fittings go (which he kept even back when we were so poor we were at risk of being homeless!!!!)

trottingon

Visit site
Hmmm tough call.

One of them requires constant schooling, prompting, reminding, having instructions broken down to bare minumum, daily medications which have to be administered and suffers from aspergers syndrome and ADHD.

But I'm glad to say after 7 years of marriage he can dispose of his own poo by pulling the chain.

And even on his worst days I've never needed a wheelbarrow to clean up after him!

pmsl at this....classic!!!!!

jennifer83

Visit site
My partner is always really supportive of me having a horse. He came with me to choose him and fell just as much in love with him as I did. Also when I muck out or ride, he plays the xbox. He spends quite a bit on games and computers, anything new that comes out. He knows i don't have a leg to stand on if I ever questioned him. Especially with the amount i spend on the horse each month.

topclass

Visit site
My OH knows and he would never make me choose between him and my guys he would never win. I know he respects my wishes and even helps me at weekend muck out and has learned to ride so we can go out hacking together with the boys so I put with the washing the team football kit and he puts up with the horses a good balanced relationship.

Zirach

Visit site
My OH knows his place bless him horse, dogs and cats first! luckily he is a diamond and would never ask me that question, one of my exes did hence he reason he is now an ex lol!

bumper

Visit site
LOL! What......Mark??? Nah pagan, it'd NEVER happen!!!

One of the reasons I am with my OH is that he is incredibly helpful: mucks out, poo picks, will turnout/bring in, loves the horse too. If it somehow did happen that he insisted I get rid of the horse, I would know he wasn't the man for me anyway!

HashRouge

Visit site
I think the key point here is, I don't expect to be asked to choose, and if my OH made me, that would suggest to me we weren't meant to be together. Then again, my mare has been with me since I was 11 and we're very nearly at the 10 year point, so she always gets introduced to new blokes as the love of my life :p

Brandy

Visit site
I had two of mine (horses that is!) for many years before the OH came along. So he knows the deal, and I would hope he would never putme inthat position. But if he did, he'd be off. But maybe becuase in reality I know I'm settling for less with him.

Also, given that I have never moaned about the various toys he has bought (motorbikes, expensive racing cycles, vans and trailers to cart them about in......) I would be fairly incredulous if he dared to say it!