Collegiate tack - reviews please

3Beasties

Visit site
I've had a collegiate bridle for at least 7 years now. It's still in great condition despite almost daily use :)

twiggy2

Visit site
we have a 14.2hh warmblood, a 14.2hh cob x tb and a 15hh connemara in cob size and they are not on first or last holes so sizes are true to size-if that makes sense. I think there is a fair overlap in the sizes too

Jane_Lou

Visit site
Have you thought about an Evision bridle, slightly more money but they will supply the bits to fit, based on a quote I got to shorten a noseband at £8 per buckle to shorten it might just be easier to buy a full bridle with cob cheeks?

Mince Pie

Visit site
Can't help with the bridle, but I have a Collegiate saddle which I love. I bought it second hand a few years ago now and it's still in gorgeous condition even though I'm not as religious with tack cleaning as I should be :redface3:

NaeNae87

Visit site
Collegiate are reasonable popular over here. The quality is good, the sizing is pretty true and they aren't super expensive.
A friend has been using one as her home bridle for the last 5 years... I can't remember the reason but, for some reason her show bridle was out of action and she had to use her home bridle. She cleaned it up, gave it a good oil and you couldn't tell that it wasn't her $600 one. :)

sj_xc_hannah_

Visit site
I've had one for three or four years now and it's one of the best bridles I've ever had, especially for the price (I think about £80-100?). I've had others in between and other than my Silver Crown bridles, nothing else has compared.

MS123

Visit site
I have that bridle and I love it!! Cleans up very well, and fits perfectly. Very good value for money for a decent, soft, padded bridle.

Dizzle

Visit site
I had some faulty reins from them, where they folded over to attach to the bit there was a crack on the inside of the leather, not the sort of place you want a structural weakness!

I got a full refund and replacement reins direct from the saddlery that had sold them.

Twiglet

Visit site
I have a Collegiate dressage saddle and love it. Would go so far as to say it's better quality than my Albion saddle....

khalswitz

Visit site
I have a collegiate cavesson hunter bridle - had it two years, gets practically no love and yet stays supple and will shine up fab for a show. It now has a sheepskin noseband attached and a sparkly browband though :) and best of all - I paid £55 for it. Compared to bridles I've spent £100+ on (not much in bridle terms but for me!!) which haven't lasted so well or felt so good, it's been a great investment.

vallin

Visit site
Brought it and it is lovely, but agreed, the brow and and noseband are a bit in the small side, noseband especially! They don't sell and extra full though so will just have to do for now.

Flyermc

Visit site
I have one i got for shows and its lovely, however it came up small, i ended-up with X full on my welsh D! (he's normally in full) the full browband was to small and the noseband wouldnt got round his nose.

Lovely bridle that cost about £40 and i even got a matching bling browband for £10!

Tangaroo

Visit site
I didn't buy it on line. I was looking round their trade stand at a local event and saw it there. You could always ring them and see if they still do it.