Coloured Horses - does nature ever get it wrong?

AMW

Visit site
I couldnt resist this filly, got to choose her name and called her Tiptoes as she has black hooves. She also has ermine markings above her hooves which I think is quite unusual.
557409_10150992882552776_735624106_n.jpg

charlimouse

Visit site
I do like a coloured, although I prefere a sport horse type. I have 2. Celeste I bred out of my TB event mare, by a warmblood stallion. In my eyes she is beautiful although keeping her clean is a challenge!

IMG_9267.jpg

IMG_9240.jpg

Pickle is TBxID. As far as I am concerned he is pretty much perfect!

339541_10151184142475149_1001510724_o.jpg

328233_10151184143580149_694523132_o.jpg

Sprig

Visit site
I am not really in to coloured horses but ended up with this one as he was just the right horse, regardless of colour. I do think he is quite handsome.
IMG_0754.jpg

charlimouse

Visit site
Pickle is by Poetic Prince. He isn't just a pretty face. Well if you can call this pretty :rolleyes::p!

IMG_0874.jpg

He is also pretty able for a rising 6yo.

164447_10151419487795149_1687549301_n.jpg

And also graced the pages of H&H last year when he won a BE90.

PickleinHH.jpg

Sorry for the proud mum post :eek:!

Pie's mum

Visit site
I love blue and whites - although mine isn't exactly well put together he has a fantastic character and we have learned so much together.

I think I just fell a bit in love with Pickle. You aren't in Devon are you? I saw a very similar horse at a local show last summer.

Beausmate

Visit site
Oh how fabulous....another opportunity for me to post proud photos of my beautiful horse....oh look how gorgeous he is......LOOK EVERYBODY LOOK...you see how handsome he is??? :D:D:D

154157_10151470591608974_1758878431_n.jpg

This photo is from one of his previous owners...I will have him looking like this again by Summer.

Oh and the photo near the beginning of the thread of the skewbald with the markings in the shape of a man's rude bits is effing hilarious!!

I'm sorry, but that horse is hideous!:eek: But I'm happy to take him off your hands, just so you aren't embarrassed about having such an awfully gorge-uh-gross horse :D

PS, just seen the 'before' pic. He is going to be stunning once again I'm sure.

Last edited:

Tobiano

Visit site
ooh some gorgeous gorgeous horses on here!

Am reading with interest the comments about not wanting to have a coloured / bay / grey etc....

... but don't you find its a bit like boyfriends? You don't want one with long hair, or who is an only child, or a teetotaller.... but then you blimmin well go and fall in love with one!

pintoarabian

Visit site
Pintoarabian, O.M.G. I have just fallen in love with your horses. :D Stunning doesn't begin to describe them. If I ever buy another one, I'm making a special journey to you to persuade you to part with one.

Thank you very kindly! The 4th one down was bred in Holland. He's a pure bred Arab (sabino) bred at the Kossack Stud and is by Kubinec, recently deceased former World Champion, so he is very precious to me.

Last edited:

Jill Crewe

Visit site
I'm sorry, but that horse is hideous!:eek: But I'm happy to take him off your hands, just so you aren't embarrassed about having such an awfully gorge-uh-gross horse :D

PS, just seen the 'before' pic. He is going to be stunning once again I'm sure.

Oh that's a very kind and noble offer thanks, but I'll soldier on with him. I would hate to have to put anyone else through the trauma of having to look at him :)

Mongoose11

Visit site
I couldnt resist this filly, got to choose her name and called her Tiptoes as she has black hooves. She also has ermine markings above her hooves which I think is quite unusual.
557409_10150992882552776_735624106_n.jpg

Ooooh thank you AMW you have just taught me that my girl's black spots above her coronet line are ermine markings... I knew they were cute but didn't know they had a name :)

Every day is a school day :)

miss_c

Visit site
WOW! I love chimera animals, don't they just just show so clearly how life is simply a set of building blocks? The cat I just lost was a chimera too - markings full of straight lines as if she was different cats stitched together. I've never seen a chimera horse before, but I reckon whoever suggested it was right.

I saw a program about black/white chimera babies once (human) - they were stunning!!

Here's a chimera cat for people who don't have a clue what we are talking about:

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/...ywUtiFoePLwlteUnzPQ7EmzQdNBXAEosDOxVli5UqT11U

She certainly stands out in the show ring! The judges first see the patterning on her neck, and then when they see her near side they almost always look twice. Seriously though, if I had a pound for every time the judge has said 'is that her actual marking? Or does she still have some winter coat?'... The mane is also a pain to plait with black, brown and white in it!

eatmyshorts

Visit site

pintoarabian

Visit site
That's It's Showtyme, isn't it? Met him once at SNEC (who said Arabs can't jump?), he's totally stunning.

Am loving this thread - am drooling over my keyboard & licking my laptop screen!!

Yes, that's him. Haven't had him out jumping for a while but hope to remedy that soon. Come and meet him next time you see us.

bluewhippet

Visit site
I don't dislike any horse: I personally love Arabs but know lots of people don't..Maybe it is because I started riding in the 1970s when coloureds were just not the thing - but I really think any solid coloured horse is far more beautiful.

I don't get gypsy cobs either.

I know it is incredibly boring but I really like bay on a beautifully put together horse. There is something about the unostentatious colour together with stunning confirmation that is just about perfect.

And I have a bay Arab: perfection!

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Yes, that's him. Haven't had him out jumping for a while but hope to remedy that soon. Come and meet him next time you see us.

Aw, thanks, i certainly will do. I'm sure a sweet little girl was with you that evening - my hubby was jumping his big novice 17.2hh & she asked me if mine was the "tall one" (she did mean the horse, although could have easily been hubby!) then proceeded to help me cheer them on through their class.

PiebaldRosie

Visit site
Coloureds are the best; they always seem to be magnetically attracted to me somehow! I prefer their individuality and how they stand out compared to solid horses...can't say I've ever seen a coloured I didn't like. It's funny how opinions are so massively divided on them.

There are 2 coloured mares in my life at the min:

Annie
IMG_2103_zps36ef3219.jpg

IMG_2063_zps9a5c11f8.jpg

and Rosie
6c547ba7.jpg

Don't think I've ever seen a coloured I didn't like! In fact, I think on the whole it makes horses seem more beautiful and distinctive.