Coloured horses

which would you hire?

• Total voters

charlyan

Visit site
QR

I had never considered a coloured as an option- went out believing that I was going to bring home a jet black Dales x cob and ended up with a coloured tbx!

He has the wow factor in looks, temperament and movement and I was sold. I hadn't really paid any attention to coloured horses before I bought him, but I love them now.

Having said that, I wouldn't buy a horse on colour alone- it would have to tick some other more important boxes- ie ability and temperament.

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Love them, that’s why I brought Bodey!
grin.gif

Chex

Visit site
I have one, but he wasn't bought because he was coloured - infact I almost didn't buy him due to his colour! But this was 10 years ago when they weren't that common or popular. I like the fact that he's different, unique possibly
laugh.gif

ladyt25

Visit site
I had a chestnut and white 14.2hh when I was a teenager. I have never found/seen one like him since. He was fab. It was before coloureds were fashionable so i was about the only one around us who had one. He would have probably been worth loads these days but I would never have sold him. Just sad he died too early
frown.gif

Fantasy_World

Visit site
I love coloureds and we own a piebald gypsy vanner at the moment. We didn't go to the auction 2 years ago with the intention of buying a coloured at all, in fact I bid on a few bays as well if I remember correctly. There was also a lovely piebald mare that we wanted too that was more schooled than ours but she went for too much. We got ours pretty cheap as he was broken, ridden and green but is not dangerous and has a fantastic temperament. I love him to bits and if I could turn the clock back I would still come home with the same horse.
This is him, pics taken 3 months ago an at endurance meet. His first ever ride and my partner's too.
SUNNIS_30TH_BIRTHDAY_022_edited.jpg

SUNNIS_30TH_BIRTHDAY_059_edited.jpg

He took some cleaning before that day I can tell you as he is mainly white
frown.gif
Pics were taken after he had been ridden 5 miles to the event before chilling out in the corrall with Doug and rolling with no rug on lol.
Caz

tiger_feet

Visit site
I'd never owned a coloured before until I bought Mr T but I'd always fancied one but the main priority was to find a nice horse. When I went to see him being coloured was the only positive thing as he had so many things going against him - younger than I wanted, done nothing, chunkier than I was used to, had two blue eyes and more than my budget - but all these negatives turned to positives when I met him and realised his potential and the colour of him became a bonus. If he had been a solid colour then I'd still have bought him.