Come on eventers, lets see YOUR matchy matchy!

Twiggy14

Visit site
No pics but my colours are black with pink stars down arms, and hat silk the same bit alternative colours. Pink and black boots for pony, and getting a Saddlecloth that's black with pink lettering :) everything hopefully will be black and pink!! :)

ArcticFox

www.bryland.co.uk
So I'm not totally matchy but I do have an orange halter to travel in, a matching navy/orange whip and hat cover, orange xc top, navy BP and airjacket, orange logo on saddle cloth.

I draw the line at orange tendon boots! (although its probably because never seen any! :D)

72dpiDSI_9700.jpg

walker1234

Visit site
I thankfully dont have any pics of it but I did buy a set from Treehouse which was black with white spots down the arms and hat silk also black with white spots.

When I ordered it it seemed like a good idea until it arrived and it became apparent that it made me look like a DICE!

Never worn it!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
this is as matchy matchy as I ever get! I even just noted the vents on her boots are similar blue as well! I don't do coloured numnahs, infact I have one competition white one and as I use the same saddle for all three phases it saves messing about changing tack, infact we use the same bridle as well so just add a martingale and boots for SJ and change boots again for XC ;)

Permission to post

michael_martin_photography_2_133516.jpg

Lolo

Visit site
I thankfully dont have any pics of it but I did buy a set from Treehouse which was black with white spots down the arms and hat silk also black with white spots.

When I ordered it it seemed like a good idea until it arrived and it became apparent that it made me look like a DICE!

Never worn it!

I think that sounds awesome!!

kerilli

Visit site
i can't get my head around non-matching bandages on pairs of legs... the fabrics will be different, no? so you could easily get different tensions?! i know it looks very pretty, but... eek.
i fully accept that i am the Biggest Fusspot In The World when it comes to tendons, though, but that is based on experience, unfortunately...

Lolo

Visit site
i can't get my head around non-matching bandages on pairs of legs... the fabrics will be different, no? so you could easily get different tensions?! i know it looks very pretty, but... eek.
i fully accept that i am the Biggest Fusspot In The World when it comes to tendons, though, but that is based on experience, unfortunately...

We used to do this with travel bandages on my sister's little welsh cob, as his feathers were so big that travel boots didn't stay on (the right width meant they were up to his tummy...). The bandages were all the same brand, just different colours so all the same strechiness (although we avoided stretchy bandages). Also, wouldn't you just adjust how you were putting them on for each type of bandage, because there's a wanted tightness and you just bandage whilst aiming for that?

jules89

Visit site
not necessarily if they're the same make and put on by the same person? (ie just a different colour but same everything else)

kerilli

Visit site
not necessarily if they're the same make and put on by the same person? (ie just a different colour but same everything else)

hmm, the thing is, just because they're the same make, doesn't mean that they'll be exactly the same fabric. diff colour fabrics can vary (i've known this elsewhere). super-fussy though, i know, i know... ;) ;)

and i hope i can bandage well, but no way would i use different bandages on a pair of legs, and try to compensate to make the pressure the same.

Nats_uk

Visit site
I can understand the worry about bandages - the ones I got came in packs of two matching colours (i.e. pack of 2 purple and back of two black) so they were the same material (and same brand, type, price etc).

I always got my Mum to do them for me as I didn't want to do them up to tight - there was a difference. He used to fidget like mad after I had attempted to do them but never seemed to have an issue the times Mum did them

Chloe_GHE

Visit site
I guess Chloe_GHE is working for a change, as she would be right on this thread straight away.

I could feel my ears burning ;) and my throat and my head and my whole body aching, im not working, worse! I'm ill waaaaaa :(

Kerilli was spot on with Matt Ryan as the king of matchy, he's my inspiration (as TableDancer well knows ;) I have a matchy crush on him!)

ok here is my effort, not a great pic but im wearing..

matchy shirt and hat
matchy green gloves (golf gloves)
matchy green armband
matchy green spotty stock
matchy checked 1/4 marks (it's all about attention to detail ;) )
matchy bandages AND to top it all off matchy green checked bandage tape!
soap-5.jpg

I've also bought this material to make the perfect matchy stock
ghecheck.jpg

early matchyness...
mk3dexc.jpg

matchy trucker hats for the lorry
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....424554014097.198526.501039097&type=1&theater
matchy browband!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....424554014097.198526.501039097&type=1&theater
matchy rope and hay net (in the sadly NOT matchy lorry)
matchy exercise blanket (2nd hand bargain)
matchy travel togs

oh dear after all that I think I may have a slight problem, worse than this tonsilitis!!!! ;)

oh i forgot....MATCHY BLOG! ;)

Last edited:

kerilli

Visit site
I can understand the worry about bandages - the ones I got came in packs of two matching colours (i.e. pack of 2 purple and back of two black) so they were the same material (and same brand, type, price etc).

I always got my Mum to do them for me as I didn't want to do them up to tight - there was a difference. He used to fidget like mad after I had attempted to do them but never seemed to have an issue the times Mum did them

Aaaah, right, so there was a difference between the diff colours even though same make, package etc? Sounds as though your Mum is an ace bandager.

Chloe, I bow down before your supreme matchyness. Of course, yours is just the green gingham version of Matt Ryan's, isn't it?! ;) ;)
you definitely need 1 of these too, maybe to put on while plaiting - or having your lunch.. ;) ;) ;)
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tabard-Ap...6?pt=UK_BOI_Restaurant_RL&hash=item3cacc4508a
big sympathy re: the tonsilitis, get them taken out asap!

Nats_uk

Visit site
Aaaah, right, so there was a difference between the diff colours even though same make, package etc? Sounds as though your Mum is an ace bandager.

The purple ones are the same (from the same pack) and the black are the same (from the same pack). They are same brand and type so yes there is the potential to be a slight difference between the purple and the black but there didn't seem to be an obvious one

Ha ha - or I am really that bad a bandager lol ;)

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
Black and white is not boring! It is the height of sophistication ;D

199441_10150155186713886_741508885_6598840_5431302_n.jpg

206751_10150155186968886_741508885_6598846_5379062_n.jpg

197478_10150155187363886_741508885_6598853_2304391_n.jpg

What an attractive fence! Very unusual.

I much prefer the plainer matching stuff, like this. Mine is pretty much the same, but red and black. Red jumper, red hat cover, black body protector, balck boots on a bay horse, with red tape over the fasteners.

Sorry, but really don't like the look of different bandages. Not a fan of pom poms on hats or pink on anything over 12h!

I always think its interesting at top level, how the likes of WFP and Andrew Nicholson etc ride round in the dullest colours possible, yet still stand out by miles simply by their fantastic riding... I think Mary King's green saddle is hideous too!

Think I'm old fashioned!

welshstar

Visit site
So I'm not totally matchy but I do have an orange halter to travel in, a matching navy/orange whip and hat cover, orange xc top, navy BP and airjacket, orange logo on saddle cloth.

I draw the line at orange tendon boots! (although its probably because never seen any! :D)

72dpiDSI_9700.jpg

I'm loving the whip as a fellow orange-er, I saw one ages ago in a tack shop and ummed and ahhed over getting it but decided not to- I regret it now! What make is it? I've been trying to find it for ages since :(
Also, I've just got some tendon boots off ebay which have like a terracotta lining- they are tri-zone ones. I personally think they look really nice and nicer than in the photos if you are considering taking the orange to another level :p http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....895&var=460023029468&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

OneInAMillion

Visit site

QUOTE]

You need to talk to Zijdeglans.... have a quick glance at this :D

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=443673

ETA: knew I'd seen them somewhere!