Comments on your riding that make you laugh

paddy555

Visit site
when I was riding on the common and OH had met me in the car so was on foot. A passerby commented to him on on how nice his daughter looked on her pony. I was about 40 so it really cheered me up. Not sure he was so amused. . :D:D

not my riding but my horse from a very small child we passed. It pointed to my horse and said "donkey" A real comedown for an arab stallion. :eek:

Cloball

Visit site
I ride a 13h pony and have a blonde ponytail.

"You look much older from the front"

Thank you Mr van driver .... Not.....

"it's like riding a Labrador"
No no, he's my fierce Viking horse!!!
Poor boy
OH told me I looked like a child on a Labrador riding me 13.2 fell next to an 18h hunter

Boughtabay

Visit site
My Spanish dragon is marvellous around dogs - I bought him from a stud who also breed terriers and sheepdogs so he’s well accustomed, nothing to do with me 🙈 I rode through a farm with many sheepdogs and got a stream of compliments for my very “sweet/brave/well trained/beautful/quiet….” (the compliments went on) horse. Apparently they hadn’t seen the snorting fuss he made about their washing line mere moments earlier 😂 they wouldn’t have been so keen to come over and fuss him if they had

Bellalily

Visit site
💯 true I assure you. Riding my horse as a youngster with my daughter behind on her pony, walked past one of our neighbours houses, children in the garden and the little girl was heard to call out “Daddy why has the white one got five legs”? I could have died on the spot and my daughter nearly fell off laughing. I never did find out what he said, but we avoided that route for quite a while. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

Ceifer

Visit site
“can you at least try and stay on next time? My saddle is going to be ruined”
For context I had just been spectacularly deposited from a rather large youngster that was now galloping around the arena and its saddle was in danger of being smashed against the fence. Owner didn’t check that I was ok - I was in a crumpled heap on the floor. she sold the horse 😂 and never sat on it herself.

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
I had an instructor who said all my problems stemmed from the fact I had short arms. She criticised my reins being too long, my hands too far back etc.etc. I thought about this and thought ok, maybe I do have short arms but it’s never been an issue outside of riding.
It wasn’t until a professional rode my horse for me whilst I was on holiday, I realised my horse had a really long neck. Made a lot more sense. The professional even said she tried him in 3 different saddles to try and find one that made it feel less so.
My problems with shortening and collecting him, now make sense