comparing DIY and Full livery costs.

dizzyf

Visit site
A lady from our DIY yard is moving her daughers pony to a full livery yard down the road, as it will give them more time to do the million other extra curricular activities they do - fair enough.
So I was being nosey and it seems she will be paying 4x as much a week for full livery, as we do on DIY. Same sort of facilities at the yards - does this seem normal?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Depends on what is included in full livery I guess - I pay £28 for DIY now, which includes bedding, stable, turnout and not much else - hunting livery on the same yard is about £100 to include everything (feed/haylage/muck out/groom/tack cleaning etc etc just not exercising the horse). The owner just comes along to ride - that's a lot more work for the YO.

Sophiie

Visit site
I pay £90 a month DIY for all year turnout (not 24/7 though), indoor sandschool, nice and big stables (they were all mare and foal boxes, in a former life), average hacking - although plenty of beautiful off-road hacking less than 30 minutes in the horsebox and for a small fee each year, we are able to use local farmer's land as well, which helps.

In the summer, we can ride in the spare paddocks and we have a designated SJ paddock too.

Considering we are in Surrey, isn't too bad at all.

I pay for all my own bedding, feed and any extra's - assistance is offered, ovbiously how much assistance you have bumps the price up a bit.

suzyqet

Visit site
The normal around where I am is £25 pw DIY and £100 pw FULL livery which includes everything except wormers, farriers, vet fees and insurance.

Grass livery is normally around £65 pcm which is purely just grass.

However, I offer FULL grass livery which includes feed, hay, wormers and the horses being done for the owners twice a day. I only charge £150 pcm for this which I have been told is quite cheap considering.

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
i feel really privallaged as i pay £20 a week for my own private yard, includes 2 stables, woodchiped yard & 2.8 acres (into 2 paddocks) all surounded by post & 3 rail fencing. that also covers eletricity, water & remote monitoring of yard & hay supplyed by local farmer who cuts my big paddock, turns, bales and stores it all for the cost of a couple of bottles of scotch at xmas (hay arrives 2 bales at time when needed, via string tied to gate signal)

Sarah B

community.webshots.com
Wow Aiobhin, your set up sounds lovely!

I pay £15 pw for stable and grazing at a small farm, floodlit small school, plenty of grazing, owner's onsite, jumping and schooling paddocks and can pay the YO's daughter for bringing in etc if needs me. Hay £3 from the farm, shavings we buy in bulk to reduce costs. Can use their lorry if I pay diesel. Only down side is the hacking isn't that good but it's a lovely little yard!

Aoibhin

www.Emmaevans.barefootbooks.com
i have discovered this weeek that the string on gate doesnt work so well in deep snow
crazy.gif
but i love where i am, even if there is no help now what so ever.

jnb

Visit site
I used to be on DIY, and my last monthly bill (well, 4 weekly) was £256 of which £20 pw was the stable and grazing plus £5 pw for use of (not very well-lit) menage.

I am now on 5 day Full livery - includes 2 bales shavings, all hay, muck out, turn out and bring in and all rug changes Mon-Fri and small indoor school, in Spring/Summer/Autumn we can use the on site show field (but only the warmup rings, not the show or dressage ones) to school and ride in.
It costs £260 per calendar month - the yards are less than 3 miles apart as the crow flies.
Oh - and the new yard has 330 acres and 24 horses.
Old yard has 10.5 acres and 22 horses (but only 17 stables). You can imagine how wonderful the grazing was!!