complete mistake in gifting a horse

LittleGinger

Visit site
Glad you have her back :) I would also love to see a photo, but can't offer any advice on how to do this as I've never posted pics either, I don't think!

fatpiggy

Visit site
Firstly, I know you won't want to hear it.
Why did you sell her?
A loan would have been safer.
Or just keep her as a pet, she wont care if she isn't ridden!
Has she has a vet look carefully at her?
Could there be medical issues?
Has she has decent schooling and groundwork?
Or just people giving it a try?

I'd say stump up and get ger back.
But it depends how you feel about her.
You let her go in the first place, free which always causes issues.
Would you have wanted her back if you hadn't lost the foal and seen the mares advert?
Or do you just want her because she is there?

The OP covered all these points in their opening post. Anyway, the pony is home safe again now.

TPO

Visit site
Really pleased for you all and so sorry about the less generous souls on HHO but delighted you proved them all wrong.

This!

So happy for you and glad that wee mare is already more settled to be home.

It reads like you have only tried your best by her at every turn and were honest in rehoming her hoping that she'd have a "life" as a riding pony. I bet it's lovely to see them all together again.

horsebenny

Visit site
Fantastic that you got her back - it has been a tough journey for you but it sounds like your wee girl is happy to be home. Sorry you got hit by the forum bullies - they're the reason I rarely come on here anymore.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Fantastic that you got her back - it has been a tough journey for you but it sounds like your wee girl is happy to be home. Sorry you got hit by the forum bullies - they're the reason I rarely come on here anymore.
People posting genuinley held belifs, even if they do not agree with the OP or you, are not automatically bullies. It came across to me that the OP was more concerned about the advertiser making money on the mare, than the mare herself. I do hope the mare gets a decent chance now.