Compulsory adjective! How would you describe yours?

Paint Me Proud

Visit site
The adverts at the side of the page caught me eye today, not due tot he photos, or price but due to the fact that of the six currently displayed all of them start with an adjective to describe the horse.

There is Ultimate, Gorgeous, Handsome, Beautiful, Perfect and Workmanlike (<- that one is my favourite!)

So I was wondering if you had to describe your horse in one preceding adjective, what would it be?

Mine would be - Unusual gelding

(p.s. anyone using the word 'stunning' will politely be asked to leave...!)

RubysGold

Visit site
If I had to, I would say sweet. Roo is one of the sweetest girls I know.
My gelding I'd use the word fun. He is full of character and little things that make you laugh and he's also a fun safe ride :)

Sealine

Visit site
Right now the word is Muddy!

I often refer to my horse as Captain Sensible as he takes everything in his stride so I think Sensible is a good word for him.

oldie48

Visit site
Kind but sensitive! Sorry can't do a single word as I can't think of one that describes him. Mannerly also springs to mind but that would not be my first thought. However, stunning has been used by judges and trainers to describe him and in an advert (not that he'd ever be for sale) I might be tempted.....

Annagain

Visit site
Does a*sh*le count? :D
No, that's a noun! You could put total in front of it to comply though. :D

A - I'm torn between Cuddly as he loves a cwtch but wouldn't want people to think he was fat and Bombproof as he really is, but that doesn't mean he's a novice ride!
M - Perfect (followed by gentleman.)
D (ok not mine but I do a lot with him) - Adorable

SecretAgentBilly

Visit site
Sensible I think! As much as I love him he could never be classed as 'stunning' so you are saved from that particular word - not that he will ever be for sale.

Doormouse

Visit site
For my irish horse Bog Monster (not an adjective), so would have to be Apologetic (ISH for sale) because he spends his life saying sorry for all his idiotic mistakes, he even apologises to his stable walls that he regularly bumps into with his bum when he isn't concentrating.
My 4 year old mare would be 'Determined' (to get anywhere no matter what is in her way) advantageous at a jump, not so helpful with electric fence.
My TB would be 'Hysterical' (old g*t) but we love him. Or 'Very Beautiful and Very Expensive Time Consuming Hack'
The pony would be 'Perfect' (child's first pony) because she is.

pansymouse

Visit site
Aloof; she doesn't do cuddles and pandering however an amazing ride and a beautiful looking horse with great manners. Thankfully I am much more interested in riding than I am in fiddling about grooming etc.

McFluff

Visit site
My boy would be 'cheeky' (just as well I'm not selling him as not sure this would be a good advert!) and my girl 'fabulous' (but mainly because Princess isn't an adjective...)

Annagain

Visit site
I'm loving these, most of them are definitely better than the over used cliched ones you see on the adverts :D

Although, to be fair if they are truly as described in the adverts, those adjectives are probably pretty accurate.
Having said that, the ones that refer to appearance are probably superfluous as we can see from the pictures and therefore judge for ourselves - given that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and, unless we want to show them, looks are generally unimportant. Handsome is as handsome does as they say.

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
Cuddly for my boy, he loves attention of any kind especially scratches and is always on a diet. Daughter's pony is harder, probably Subservient - poor chap (rescue) has at some point decided fighting back or running away are both pointless and its best to just close your eyes and wait for it to be over.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
one of them is 'happy', just the nicest, sunniest natured pony ever. One of them is goofy or ****head when he wrecks a rug or wont be caught. The little fat one is just that really.