Confidence issues and hypnotherapy

Qru

Visit site
So I've been going through a phase of serious confidence issues that came to a head on Friday after yet another abysmal lesson when I broke down crying to my instructor saying that I was terrified i was ruining my horse ect. Ect.

Anyway, I was talking to someone recently and they suggested hypnotherapy to get over the confidence issues and was wondering whether anyone else has done this, whether it actually helped and if anyone else has tips on building confidence?

leah_x

Visit site
My mum suffered from bad anxiety and panic attacks, she had 3 sessions of hypnotherapy which probably isn't enough but it really did help her. Not huge amounts, it wasn't a miracle cure, but it helped enough that we could then continue getting her through it with just our help, so it set her in the right direction. Definitely worth a try.

vicki bee

Visit site
I've used the confidentrider.co.uk CDs and would recommend.

I actually sent an email to the lady who does the CDs (her name is currently evading me!) and she sent a fantastic personal response. She was very insightful on how to attack my own personal fears with steps to over come them. I used the schooling CD and found it very relaxing and useful.

On another level, I would suggest a sequence of confidence restoring lessons on a well trained horse with your instructor before you return to your own horse. Then you can build up confidence for yourself without worrying about your own horse too.

Good luck!

madmav

Visit site
I agree with VickiBee. I had a huge confidence downfall. Lessons on straight-forward school-masters (and a ridiculous gallop across a beach abroad) gave me back my cajones. Good luck with it. It's a tricky thing, confidence.

Bernster

Visit site
Worth doing a quick search on here as there have been a couple of threads on it which have good info too. I've tried it successfully although not sure how long it will last. Would prob do a couple of sessions and a refresher.

FabioandFreddy

Visit site
I recently was considering the same thing as had a confidence loss for some reason. In the end i went for a session of NLP with a lady who's also a riding instructor (she does hypnosis too but suggested that NLP could help after i spoke to her), i figured that as she rode too then she could relate more to the anxiety i was getting. It really did help me - may be worth you looking into?

Zirach

Visit site
I think the confident rider DVDs are by Becky Chapman at Ashen Farm in Suffolk. They have a website and I have heard good things about them :)

heretolisten

New User
www.confident-rider.co.uk
I've used the confidentrider.co.uk CDs and would recommend.

I actually sent an email to the lady who does the CDs (her name is currently evading me!) and she sent a fantastic personal response. She was very insightful on how to attack my own personal fears with steps to over come them. I used the schooling CD and found it very relaxing and useful.

On another level, I would suggest a sequence of confidence restoring lessons on a well trained horse with your instructor before you return to your own horse. Then you can build up confidence for yourself without worrying about your own horse too.

Good luck!

Her name is Sharon Shinwell. Sharon is my wife, along with her experience as a clinical hypnotherapist, she also calls upon her own past experiences as a nervous rider herself. In fact, that is how the Confident Rider series came about.

heretolisten

New User
The producer of The Confident Rider Series is Sharon Shinwell. Sharon is my wife, along with her experience as a clinical hypnotherapist, she also calls upon her own past experiences as a nervous rider herself. In fact, that is how the Confident Rider series came about. She always takes time to answer emails but please be patient, it can sometimes take a while to get a reply.

Bex390

Visit site
Like I said in my post the other day. I am now using one of the Confident Rider CDs and the results have been very encouraging for me.

I came back to riding after a long break and needed a huge confidence boost.
Not sure if links are allowed but it's www.confident-rider.co.uk