COST OF HAY!!!!

druid

Visit site
We pay €4/£2.70 for organic hay..and that's plus a storage bay in a barn for it!!

KJJ, once haylage is opened it should be used within 5-7 days...

loopeepee

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Local to me... trouble is they charge the earth to deliver to our yard... no-one else has hay so it's just me!!
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh - fair do's. I know most of our yard are haylege, but the yard makes it so its fine for them.
grin.gif

Forget_Me_Not

Visit site
I get it straight from the farmer at £2.75 with free delivery, its really nice much nicer then what i got last year for my mare at £4 a bale!

Wont the haylage bale go off by the time your using/finishing it weeks later??

GUYS DONT PAY MORE THEN £3.00!! THIS YEAR THE HAY IS GOOD SO SHOULD BE CHEAP.

Happytohack

Visit site
£2.50 for best quality hay made right next to the sea here in East Anglia. The horses love it (and they are a really fussy lot) and much prefer it to haylage. And they are really heavy bales as well.

Theresa_F

Visit site
£2 a bale direct from the farmer, we get 80 bales at a time between us. Very nice hay.

I have paid up to £4 in the past. Mine eat at least a bale a day between them, and when cold Cairo will eat 3/4s of a bale by himself.

Seahorse

community.webshots.com
My god that is expensive Kim!

I pay £10 a week for ad lib hay and straw so I don't know how much that would work out as its from a big round bale. I give Axey loads of hay and don't give him very much hard feed at all!

moon_drop

Visit site
We are £12 a big bale that includes delivery. We get four bales at a time. That normal lasts us around 5 weeks in the winter for four horses. Its really good hay. We are in the north east of scotland.

Patches

Visit site
blimey!

I bought 500 bales off the field at £1 a bale, good stuff too. I can't imagine paying that much per bale.

Faithkat

Visit site
The hay quality might be good but there's only half as much as normal (well, round here anyway as there was only one cut) so with only half the normal amount available, it is bound to be more expensive. The same thing happened about 11 years ago and I can remember paying between £5 and £7 a bale back then, it was horrendous and there was not a bale to be had by January, I was feeding Mollichaff and Alfa-A to my youngster.

JadeWisc

Visit site
The average here is between $2.50 and $3.00 (for good haorse hay) Nasty hay can go much cheaper, but who wants it? The man with the best hay around me however charges $4 (but his bales are slightly larger ,ALWAYS perfect and to be trusted)

Pidge

Visit site
I'm paying £2/bale from a friend and between me and sis we have ordered 360 to see us through till next summer. £3/bale from feed place though!

clipertyplop

Visit site
i have hayledge £18 per bale delivered which lasts 2 cobs adlib for a week i only feed hard feed when ridden same price as last year, but the producers had a smaller crop this year so might get a bit scarce
ooo.gif

the watcher

Visit site
In some areas it has gone up hugely because either there was only one cut, ot due to lack of rain the cuts taken were much reduced.

I did put up a warning after the first cut that hay would be at a premium this winter in some areas..and got shot down in flames for it
mad.gif

This was one of the factors I took into consideration when moving to a yard where hay is included in the deal at no extra charge