COST OF HAY!!!!

KJJ

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
KJJ, once haylage is opened it should be used within 5-7 days...

[/ QUOTE ]This is my understanding too... however the supplier of these bales states that they last 2 weeks... if they don't I shall be asking for my money back!!...

Plus although it's great quality stuff it's not as 'wet' as the normal haylage you would get, e.g horsehage etc... it's nice stuff and there are some girls at the yard that have had their bales open for over a week now... and it's still as good as when they opened it.. no heating occuring.

KJJ

Visit site
Quick Reply:

I'm actually suprised at the difference in prices that people pay!!! I understand about having just the one cut etc.. but I still think it's madness!! LOL!!

Thanks guys. x

Tempi

Visit site
i pay £25 a month for unlimited haylage from YO in the winter, and 50p per net in the summer. They cut their own so we get it cheaper. If not the going rate around here per 'small' hay bale is £3.50
blush.gif

sorona

Visit site
I paid £3.50 off the farm delivered and stacked, it is £3.75 to collect from local saddler. I bought in from eslewhere but had to colelct at £2.50 per small bale and this year i cut my own at £1.15 per incredibly solid, heavy bale. I am glad i did as there was a huge shortage last year and hay was difficult to get from anywhere so i have got 250 bales of beautiful hay with nothing nasty in it. Getting it in off the field before the rain started was a nightmare and stacking it all wasnt easy but now it is done, i have got it all on the yard ready for when i need it. They have already had a few bales when it was very dry and th grass stopped growing and in the trailer haynets and they are loving it, lol!!