Could it get worse???

maisie06

Visit site
Still looking for a small, old dog for my dad when I came upon a litter of "collypoos" advertised - yep!! Border Collie cross poodle, these are advertised as future show winners too at 2k a pop.... now they won't be high energy or hard work will they?? I thought the cockerpoos around here are nervous and neurotic but these are going to be something else!! Or if you fancy something more sedate why not try a "Newfiepoo".....FFS

BBP

Visit site
Looks like the Astra collie people might be doing these now. I could be wrong.

As an aside, reading a puppy purchase contract, stipulating that a puppy/dog must be returned to breeder rather than sold on, or can be removed by the breeder with no refund if the dog is not properly trained, it made me wonder how those conditions can be applied to a puppy contract but not a horse sale contract? I was imagining trying to apply that to a horse sale, if you don’t train it properly I’ll come and take it back and won’t return your money’, and wondering why it works for one and not the other?

Clodagh

Visit site

As an aside, reading a puppy purchase contract, stipulating that a puppy/dog must be returned to breeder rather than sold on, or can be removed by the breeder with no refund if the dog is not properly trained, it made me wonder how those conditions can be applied to a puppy contract but not a horse sale contract? I was imagining trying to apply that to a horse sale, if you don’t train it properly I’ll come and take it back and won’t return your money’, and wondering why it works for one and not the other?

I think you’d have a job trying to enforce that with a puppy, too.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Nothing about you Maisie06, but I wish I had an Eye- and brain-soap that could wash away both sight, and memory, of ever having seen your post.

I really don't get the puppy buyers who falls for that. Even though they're not Border Collies, in general Poodles are quite clever dogs. So if you want a clever dog, with a Poodle coat, why not just buy a Poodle?

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
I googled Newfiepoo, came across this https://populardoodle.com/newfypoo-dog-breed-info-newfoundland-poodle-mix/

Scrolling down the page, I couldn't help but notice that under "Breed Lifespan:
The life expectancy of a healthy and well cared for Newfypoo dog is around 18-12 years."

Personally, I find it a bit odd to start with the higher age, and go downwards, but perhaps that has to do with me being Swedish?
To take Finnish Lapphunds as example, some live shorter, some lives longer, but in average their life expectancy is 12-14 years. The combination of being used to reading life expectancy for dogs written like that, together with that they use the word Around, leads to me making the presumption that this page is saying that Newfypoos regularly lives to over 18 years of age.
Even if that is not what they mean, I don't think dogs close to, or the same size as Newfoundlands, often does live to 18 years of age either.

But maybe I'm wrong. Or perhaps someone wrote the number 1 by mistake before the 8, and it's actually supposed to say 8-12 years? That would make much more sense.
However, for a site (https://populardoodle.com/about/) who says that "Popular Doodle was created with the goal of being the foremost resource for current and prospective Doodle owners." I would have expected them to correct such a thing, if it was just a spelling error.

Anyhow, you learn something new every day. Apparently a Whoodle is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier x Poodle, whereas a Woodle is a Welsh Terrier x Poodle.

That's not likely to lead to any confusions, is it?

Annette4

Visit site
nyhow, you learn something new every day. Apparently a Whoodle is a Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier x Poodle, whereas a Woodle is a Welsh Terrier x Poodle.

That's not likely to lead to any confusions, is it?

I've only ever seen whoodles as whippet x poodles, there's one breeder I'm aware of that breeds them quite regularly and charges a fair wack too.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
I've only ever seen whoodles as whippet x poodles, there's one breeder I'm aware of that breeds them quite regularly and charges a fair wack too.

Meh! Here, come buy a Whoodle puppy, get anything from Terrier x Poodle, to Whippet x Poodle. Oh, you wanted a Whoodle, no sorry, I forgot the H in my advert, these are Woodle puppies...

s040.gif

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site

Trying to enforce it with a puppy contract is almost impossible, especially as one often doesn't find out until after the event.

BBP

Visit site
Those puppy contracts are not enforceable .
That’s what I figured. Obviously I like the idea of referring back to the breeder if you are having issues, rather than binning the dog off on gumtree, but it was a more than 10 page contract of provisions. They basically make it sound like you have paid £3k to rent a crossbred dog which the breeder can take back whenever they see fit.

Goldenstar

Visit site
That’s what I figured. Obviously I like the idea of referring back to the breeder if you are having issues, rather than binning the dog off on gumtree, but it was a more than 10 page contract of provisions. They basically make it sound like you have paid £3k to rent a crossbred dog which the breeder can take back whenever they see fit.

The first time I came across a contract was with Dram .
I bought in the full knowledge that I had no intention of ever returning the dog the breeder if say MrGS had died and I was terminally ill .
I am perfectly capable of finding a friend my dogs know to take them if something appalling happened .

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Just seen a litter advertised - St Bernard /Newfie cross with poodle father.
St Bernardoodles anyone? ?

And at 6k a pup not an impulse buy. ..

St Bernewfiedoodle?

By the way, where goes the limit to becoming a Mongrel these days? Is it perhaps at 4 breeds, or would that become:

St Bernewfie Great Danoodle?