Courier issues, please read

crazycorkey

Visit site
Hi all, hopefully this thread will stop many people from loosing money.

Just over 1.5 weeks ago I sent a brand new wintec saddle via myhermes however it was never actually delivered.
Finally after much chasing on my part they email me back yesterday telling me that the saddle has been undelivered due to the contents getting damage. They emailed me again minutes later saying actually that the recipient of the saddle did receive it and sent it back with the courier as damaged. This is not true! I have spoken with the recipient directly and the saddle never arrived for her to claim it was damaged.
Now I am out money as of course I have to refund the buyer her money and also I have lost the saddle as they can't guarantee it will be returned and either way it's damaged anyway.

What an absolute shambles!

luckyoldme

Visit site
ive been very lucky in years of using courriers, but as a rule if its an expensive item I would avoid hermes or yodel, its extremely frustrating as once something does go wrong it takes forever to find out where the item is and there is no personal service at all.
it seems to me that its the only service you have to pay for twice, once to get the job done then again to make sure if they mess it up you get your money back!

cobgoblin

Bugrit! Millennium hand and shrimp.
Visit site
The saddle is still your property and as such should be returned to you, damaged or not. Besides which, how can you assess the damage if you don't see it. Sounds like a bit of a cover up.

crazycorkey

Visit site
Oh also they are requesting pictures of the damage from the recipient which of course she cannot supply as she has never set eyes on the saddle.
I spoke to trading standards this morning and they advised me to send a letter giving them 14 days to return the saddle damaged or not.
Chasing them is an absolute nightmare because they don't have a phone number and as such correspondence is limited to email or webchat. They also don't have direct contact with the depots anyway so they simply tell you they will contact you in 24-48hrs and let you know!

cobgoblin

Visit site
S
Oh also they are requesting pictures of the damage from the recipient which of course she cannot supply as she has never set eyes on the saddle.
I spoke to trading standards this morning and they advised me to send a letter giving them 14 days to return the saddle damaged or not.
Chasing them is an absolute nightmare because they don't have a phone number and as such correspondence is limited to email or webchat. They also don't have direct contact with the depots anyway so they simply tell you they will contact you in 24-48hrs and let you know!

MyHermes head office.

Hermes Parcelnet ltd
Capitol house,
1 Capitol close
Morley,
LS27 OWH

Phone 0871 246 1583

And of course they have direct contact with depots, how else could they run the business?

cobgoblin

Visit site
It would also be a good idea to ask for a copy of the delivery signature together with time and date of delivery and which employee delivered the saddle. If they delivered it this should be very simple for them to provide, either from a written sheet or one of the hand held devices.

crazycorkey

Visit site
During my webchat the chap told me simply that they do not have direct contact with the depots, thus couldn't help me but would pass my case on to someone that could. This happened but it was no help really.

I have asked for a copy of the delivery signature already as the buyer of the saddle is adamant delivery was never attempted.

eggs

Visit site
I had something delivered by My Hermes a while ago and they had just tossed the package over the well into my front garden!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Don't webchat, I had someone telling me I had to contact river island to talk to them about my lost stirrup leathers!!

Using the number already posted was much more satisfactory! (the first webchat they said would get back in 24-48 hours and nothing happened!)

crazycorkey

Visit site
So the plot thickens somewhat.
I checked on the tracking again today to find to my surprise that the parcel had been delivered today at 10.44am. Spoken with the recipient and she said it hasn't and that she has been in all day.
So i rang head office who then tell me after speaking with the local courier that they threw it over a wall at the address. Despite it needing signing for. The recipient can't find it of course.
Tomorrow afternoon I have to ring the head office again and find out what an earth is happening and if I have to put a claim in.
You couldn't make it up!

crazycorkey

Visit site
Using the number already posted was much more satisfactory! (the first webchat they said would get back in 24-48 hours and nothing happened!)[/QUOTE]

Yes agreed, the number given earlier was so unbelievably helpful.
Webchat is next to useless as they simply don't have the facility to check or pursue anything effectively. I have been told they will contact me within 24-48 hours more times than I care to remember.
Frustrating much?!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Complaining to the companies you've mentioned gets little response. I complained to Yodel about a delivery, my daughter found the delivery driver standing in our living room with a parbel & when challenged said 'he thought it was the porch?". I complained to them & was supposed to get a reply from them after they made their enquiries with the delivery driver, but never got any reply at all. I've had several parcels delivered over the side gate & damaged. Any complaint seems to fall on deaf ears & they say that the parcel obviously wasn't packaged correctly!.

Even when you arrange to have your parcel collected from a local shop by a different company they seem to have subcontracted the collection & delivery to YODEL or similar & they are just agents.

crazycorkey

Visit site
Not just any wall, the wall to the left!!! I kid you not.

The courier stated that the recipient had signed for it on delivery. I told her this couldn't possibly be true. One could only assume if that were the case that the recipient received the parcel, signed for it but asked the courier to throw it over a random wall.

Ladyinred

Visit site
I am stunned by this thread. Courier delivery is far from cheap and it is disgusting the way they behave.

Methinks there would be a huge market for a reliable, trustworthy company who actually cared for their customers.

Deltaflyer

Visit site
Hmm, I ordered a box set of DVDs a couple of years ago, the delivery date came and went, no boxset. I contacted the suppliers who sent me a replacement. About two months later my husband went outside using the side door to our house found a soggy package which had been chucked over the side gate (we never bother with the side door in the winter) it was the original order which they (MyHermes) had chucked over the gate and not bothered to put a card through the letterbox. I've had similar issues with Yodel too.

Mrs C

Visit site
Yodel are also shocking. I had a saddle posted to me which 'went missing'. After about 5 days of calls and webchats, I drove the half hour to the depot and surprise surprise, they managed to find it when I was standing there kicking off

fatpiggy

Visit site
I guess I'm lucky, I can have anything and everything delivered to work. Royal Mail have managed to lose more of my property than couriers though. My mum is still waiting for her Mothering Sunday card posted first class 2 years ago.