CPC - yay or neigh?

Barlow

Visit site
I’m seriously considering training for and getting my C licence with a view to upgrading my current transport (3.5t).
How many of you have done your CPC with it too please? Am I right in thinking that I might need it if I were to transport more horses than just my own?
It all seems to be a grey area as driving is not my job, it will only be to take my horse and potentially a friend’s to events.

ROG

Visit site
I’m seriously considering training for and getting my C licence with a view to upgrading my current transport (3.5t).
How many of you have done your CPC with it too please? Am I right in thinking that I might need it if I were to transport more horses than just my own?
It all seems to be a grey area as driving is not my job, it will only be to take my horse and potentially a friend’s to events.
You only need driver cpc if you are driving LGVs commercially
If you have your horse and a friends horse with that friend splitting expenses then that is not commercial

If LGV is over 7.5 tonnes GVW then tacho is needed as it comes under full EU driver regs but 7.5 and under are exempt

Barlow

Visit site
Brilliant thanks all - it was the “splitting expenses” aspect that I was worried about. I do wonder whether it might be a useful thing to do as a one off to learn about vehicle loading and safety procedures etc.

ROG

Visit site
Brilliant thanks all - it was the “splitting expenses” aspect that I was worried about. I do wonder whether it might be a useful thing to do as a one off to learn about vehicle loading and safety procedures etc.
Driver cpc does not teach that in a constructive realistic way - that is better done in real life by an experienced driver for example
You can find the theory to all that online for FREE

Barlow

Visit site
Driver cpc does not teach that in a constructive realistic way - that is better done in real life by an experienced driver for example
You can find the theory to all that online for FREE
Even better! Thanks ROG!