cross-country saddles

onyx

New User
Visit site
Hi everybody, I'm new on this forum and seeking advice!!

I'm looking at cross-country saddle and spent so much time searching reviews and stuff..I really like the exselle integra1 and the stubben excalibur s limited edition...Any comments on these two?

The Stubben, I like the big blocks and the general look of the saddle...alhtough the color is not a priority I prefer less dark..The only thing with the stubben I find that the leather is not very sticky..On the exselle the leather looks better, I was wondering if the knee block is big enough. Also, the seat looks deep (too deep??)

Thanks for any comment!

rossiroo

Visit site
Hi personally i use a prestige Paris single flap close contact saddle, it makes me feel close to the horse but I dont find it very secure. I think that untill you try each saddle and jump in them its impossible to tell.The look of them and how they will feel is very different.

popsdosh

Visit site
If your looking for good value the Ideal Impala pro takes an awful lot of beating excellent saddle that can be refitted easily.I now avoid all latex filled panel saddles ,having had several they dont work.The Albion kontact lite is another easily refitted saddle that a lot of riders use.

ellie_e

Visit site
I have an Ideal Impala, and also an Albion K2 both very lovely saddles, my albion has slightly bigger knee blocks, however i would recommend either!

apritina10

Visit site
I really really really want a Barnsby xtreem event saddle, the one Mary King rides in, it has good reviews and completely besopke so guessing you could pick colour tree seat size extra,
but as I no longer event would be a bit silly,

First Time Mum

Visit site
Hi if your looking for a single flap saddle there is a guy who makes english single flap based near Manchester the make is Heritage these saddles are brilliant for cross country and feel very secure even though the blocks are not huge in comparison to the other single flap saddles these are also very reasonably priced at below £1000. If you search heritage saddles though be aware there are two firms and one is made from foreign leather and apparently poor quality but i've not had first hand experience of these.

onyx

New User
Visit site
thanks everyone for your input! Any bit of information is good at this point!

I would like if somebody can give me any information about the exselle integra 1. I really like it ..but I would have to order it as I'm from Quebec (Canada). Nobody knows that brand here but it seems to be fairly known in europe???
That is why I'm trying to get as much info as possible!

Thanks

Fairy Dust

Visit site
BUTET!!! The Butet XC single flap is the best saddle ever! It is very close contact, has that 'sticky' leather that holds you like glue, and if you go for the model with all 4 blocks you will not come off easily! It literally holds you and is also so so comfy...........it’s also very pretty!! It has actually given me bruises on my thighs before where my horse put in a really nasty stop, but I would prefer the bruises than to fall off! Really can't recommend them enough….. you can view them online at Sederholm selected. :)

onyx

New User
Visit site
I was also looking at a Stubben..if I can get both for about the same price which one would you choose first? The leather on the Stubben is a bit less sticky than on the exselle...

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
just my personal opinion, but for XC I avoid anything with large blocks, a deep seat & anything else that 'holds' you in the saddle, I like very flat saddles, & currently have a pessoa (no idea what sort) as it hasn't any real blocks, & has a very flat seat, just my personal theory on saddle design & rotational falls, & the 'holding' effect of saddles

onyx

New User
Visit site
I think that's a good point, about being hold too much on the saddle but I still like the blocks to help to keep your legs at the right place..I was a little worried about the exselle being too deep as I would also prefer more flat than too deep.

Thanks everybody for the comments!!!