Crufts 2019, sorely tempted

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
They skirted round the issue that sending dogs after poachers might mean the dogs don’t last too long.

Clodagh

Visit site
Ha ha ha ha! The very idea that an American Cocker is a gundog!!!! (Yes, I know they are shown in the gundog group).

I don't get why they cant be in the toy group like the CKCS. I hope that is right! But on gundog groups that I am on every year at this time people post pics of their ACS out working. Trouble is their mouth is too small for anything bigger than a partridge.

Blazingsaddles

Visit site
They skirted round the issue that sending dogs after poachers might mean the dogs don’t last too long.
I suppose with all service/working dogs their risk of injury/death is higher especially when dealing with violent thugs armed with AK47s☹️

{97702}

Visit site
God, dog showing is just as bad as horse showing 😢

But I really really want another Manchester terrier. Just not sure if it’s fair to inflict a puppy on my old lab

Dog showing is worse than horse showing - it's not how good your dog is, it's who you know :p

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well i really liked the winner of the hounds, such a happy dog. and i liked the jrt as well, sadly the deerhound didnt look like a good one to me and didnt even get to the last 8.....

{97702}

Visit site
well i really liked the winner of the hounds, such a happy dog. and i liked the jrt as well, sadly the deerhound didnt look like a good one to me and didnt even get to the last 8.....

It was the deerhounds coat which fascinated me - all glamorous and flyaway like an Afghan, not a proper deerhound coat at all???!!

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
agree lev , and it looked a little dirty to me and didnt move like mine used to....if that was the best example of the deerhounds they must have been a poor lot. i did love the winner, even though he was not a longdog, i also liked the borzoi, the whippet had a good shape but didnt look happy to me.....

maisie06

Visit site
I don't get why they cant be in the toy group like the CKCS. I hope that is right! But on gundog groups that I am on every year at this time people post pics of their ACS out working. Trouble is their mouth is too small for anything bigger than a partridge.

They showed a side on profile of the ACS on thursday, I was horrified, what a squashed in face and odd looking muzzle - like you say would struggle with a decent sized bird...My WCS may not be one for the show ring but carries large cock pheasants with ease, and the tenacious little git can carry a Canada goose too! I know which I prefer! And that Labrador...oh dear, the only thing that couyld do in the field would be rolling...what a sorry, sorry state it was in.

windand rain

Visit site
Watched yesterday and noticed the dog that bit the judge didnt get pulled forward to the last 8 it was a lovely dog too. My pick won the hounds and was second in the terriers so feel quite pleased

{97702}

Visit site
The JRTs coat was very strange too, didn't look at all like a broken coated russell to me.

I found the JRT a lot longer in the leg than I expected! Funny how the whole show dog thing works nowadays - the UK used to always have the best dogs in the world, now they come from Russia because we apparently don’t have a decent example of a Scottie???!!

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I found the JRT a lot longer in the leg than I expected! Funny how the whole show dog thing works nowadays - the UK used to always have the best dogs in the world, now they come from Russia because we apparently don’t have a decent example of a Scottie???!!
Scotties are on the vulnerable list here, sad really.

{97702}

Visit site
Wow are they really? They used to be so numerous (can’t use the word common lol!) But then I suppose cavalier numbers have been decimated over the last few years, it is so weird....

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
well i thought the scottie was lame behind or being dragged too quick for his little legs, i didnt like him at all, but really liked the westie, i think i tend to go for the happy looking dogs rather than conformation..i also liked the podengo, he or she also looked like a happy fun dog..

windand rain

Visit site
Seems the hatchet job done on the cavalier will take a very long time to recover from even health testes MRI checked and heart tested dogs have lost popularity, Love a good cavalier and would be my toy dog of choice but again the barking would get to me we used to breed them so have owned quite a few over the years

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
one of my friends lost one young cavalier due to heart problems and the one that is left is now 8 and has cost her a fortune with heart and digestion problems and she says when he goes she will never have another because she cant stand the heartache, she got a crossbreed after losing her first cav ,and he has been very healthy so far.

on a different subject i met someone today with a springer cross poodle puppy, cant remember the odd name she gave to the 'breed'.......i said that he would be lively and would need lots of exercise when he is grown up..she said oh yes i realise that and he will get at least 20 mins a day when he is adult....oh dear i think she is going to have a problem if she thinks 20 mins is enough for that cross....