Cult of the Chicken Rugs

Sheep

Visit site
I've found both the combo and the lightweight in our size but sadly the lightweight only comes in green and I much prefer the blue! I'm tempted to give my boy a full clip just so I can justify getting a 200g fill :p

I dare you!!

One of ours is fully clipped but she's such a toasty horse she's just in a LW at the mo, other is a hairy beastie and still naked, so I reckon a few weeks yet until I can officially use them! Can't wait :D

Beausmate

Visit site
Shires should do a whole farmyard range, with cows and sheep, maybe ducks, and pigs for the braver horses.

Little brollies would be nice too, or fish?

I'm getting carried away now...... :)

atropa

Visit site
Shires should do a whole farmyard range, with cows and sheep, maybe ducks, and pigs for the braver horses.

Little brollies would be nice too, or fish?

I'm getting carried away now...... :)

I actually have a beautiful brolly print no fill turnout with detachable neck!

teacups

Visit site
I do like the look of these chicken rugs....but...soon they will all be caked in mud, right? People will be distraught. There is a gap in the market for a chicken rug counselling service, I reckon.

Visit site
Well design potential is enormous, pressies, baubles, fir trees etc prints for Christmas ones, Easter Bunnies, Halloween night Scream masks. I must get to the sewing machine

Feathered

Visit site
Thats was my first thought too :lol:

Anyone know what the fit is like on big, chunky cobs?

I've always found Shires fit chunky broad chested types really well, theres mine and another chunk on our yard that swear by shires.

Well design potential is enormous, pressies, baubles, fir trees etc prints for Christmas ones, Easter Bunnies, Halloween night Scream masks. I must get to the sewing machine

I have the Fair Isle one that Derby House did for Christmas last year and I absolutely love it, still looks pretty good this year, you can still see the pattern through the mud :)

Leo Walker

Visit site
I've always found Shires fit chunky broad chested types really well, theres mine and another chunk on our yard that swear by shires.

It missed my quote off, I meant he Rachael Kelly ones :)

The Shires ones def do fit cobs, mine fits really well and seems to be wearing very well

12004728_10153220488793667_5810709377464760545_n.jpg

atropa

Visit site
It missed my quote off, I meant he Rachael Kelly ones :)

The Shires ones def do fit cobs, mine fits really well and seems to be wearing very well

12004728_10153220488793667_5810709377464760545_n.jpg

As much as I love the print, I find the RK rug a very odd fit! Plenty long and deep but slightly tighter than I would like round my warmblood mare's chest and neck :\ and she's not even particularly deep through the chest. I'd imagine you might struggle for a decent fit on a chunky cob.

Leo Walker

Visit site
As much as I love the print, I find the RK rug a very odd fit! Plenty long and deep but slightly tighter than I would like round my warmblood mare's chest and neck :\ and she's not even particularly deep through the chest. I'd imagine you might struggle for a decent fit on a chunky cob.

Dammit! I'm only 5ft5 and a bit and my legs are longer than his. I def dont want long and deep! There is a definite business opportunity for someone producing horse shaped rugs with jaunty patterns!

tashcat

Visit site
Soo glad I found this thread because everyone on my yard laughs at our rug.. but at least no one has the same :D

I feel like this his thread is quite dangerous - I'll probably end up buying him a whole new wardrobe - the black chicken rug is gorgeous! The umbrellas too!!

Can I add mine? Despite modelling his rug for over a year, I can never seem to get a proper photo of it! i'm not sure if he's running away or striking a catwalk pose here..

attachment.php

P.S I agree with some who aren't mad about the fit - I have a long in the body but slender kinda guy, and the rug is very deep on him.. its like wearing a trench coat!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Devastated, look what the ungrateful wretch has done :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

C6AE6592-B4F2-441A-93A4-863AF2B2C7F8_zpsbtogw37n.jpg

She's been rug safe for a year or so until this point, she's getting no more nice things now :p

FfionWinnie

Visit site
I know we may have to sell her.....

I am joking! Will have to see if it's fixable but fear it may be too far gone :(

Selling is too good for her just shoot her!

My cob has had hers for ages and it's in as new condition! Pony just got hers when I took this pic but cob must have had hers about 6 months now.

5DE9A5F2-DD3F-4B9B-B165-602B782B582B_zpsnaxjvye5.jpg