Cult of the Chicken Rugs

FfionWinnie

Visit site
She just doesn't deserve one :(.
Can we have one of your lovely horses who know a good thing when they have it please.

Actually I have to tell you that my Welsh D (not pictured and not an owner of one!) has bitten the pony's one and left a small hole so I put another old rug on top to protect it from her. She wrecked the pony's last rug too. She will never be getting her own chicken rug now due to bad behaviour!

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Omg that's terrible she should be in solitary for that surely???

I do have my suspicions that this may be the result of a new horse, but really she is a serial rug trasher that lulled us into a false sense of security!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Omg that's terrible she should be in solitary for that surely???

I do have my suspicions that this may be the result of a new horse, but really she is a serial rug trasher that lulled us into a false sense of security!

She should be shot too really. The pony has never wrecked a rug in the time we've had her. This winter three have inexplicably torn at the same place and there are no hazards in the field as it's all mains electric fencing. I've seen her biting at her as well so that's enough evidence for a conviction I reckon.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Definitely enough evidence in my book.

Topaz has been tarting herself all over the new boy, who has been seen biting her tail. My suspicion is that he may have done this, but if she wasn't being so tarty he wouldn't be all over her, so still her fault!

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I'm not really sure H appreciate how lucky he is to have a chicken rug...

C15497E3-533F-4DB8-982D-C8E2522CF01B.jpg

241D0264-27A2-416E-BAAD-8FF0C47EC89E.jpg

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I'm envious of all these horses who can appreciate the marvellous'ness of these rugs! Topaz had to go out in her boring Amigo one today...

Sheep

Visit site
I find myself praying for heavy rainshowers late in the afternoon, to wash all the mud off.
My hens are definitely wallowing in mud at the moment. Heartbreaking!

DunDally

Visit site
I think someone should contact Shires design department for ideas for their next rug collection! We could have cute pussies, barking hounds, fairies etc....

A friend of mine was at BETA last weekend and the new Shires rug has dogs on it. She sent me a photo but I have never mastered the art of uploading them so can't show you - sorry.

AppyLover

Visit site
I Almost bought one like 3 months ago but didn't and I regret it so much even if it was a heavy weight and this year Ted's been warm in his 100g from Shires (which also isn't in the colour I really wanted either :( )

FfionWinnie

Visit site
You haven't already have you!?

No but if I do I will be holding you utterly responsible!!

Thing is I do need another 6ft3 lightweight and shires fit Daisy really well BUT the lightweights don't have a neck and she's hogged so I prefer a detachable neck for when she's freshly done. What to do?!