Curious - How many homes/owners has your horse had ?

JFTDWS

Visit site
Fergus, I'm number 3. He was "home-bred", bought as a foal at foot by a breeder (DryRot) who sold him to me, when he was 3. He's now 12.

Darach was bred by DR and sold to me - so I'm number 2. I've had him since he was about 18 months, he's 8 now.

Skye, I'm at least number 4 - breeder, bought by someone to play polocrosse then sold on due to (rider) injury before she was broken in, to the England women's poloX captain. Skye was never going to make that grade, so she's mine - I bought her recently backed as a 4 year old last autumn.

I would hope to be all of their last homes. Provided I don't walk under a bus tomorrow, or end up bankrupt or something!

Daniel_Jack

Visit site
My recently purchased 8 year old has 3 prior homes on her passport including her breeder. However, in addition to them, I know she's had 4 further homes plus been in a riding school. So 8 homes in 8 years if you include me. And you couldn't find a sweeter, safer horse - it's a shame how much she's been passed about!

SallyBatty

Visit site
My mare was born 1991 but no passport hIstory until 2004. Since then 4 known owners including me and I got her in 2007.

My daughter's mare born 2000, registered 2004. Only 3 registered owners since but from the vaccination record it looks like we are actually the 7th. We got her in 2012.

Both will stay with us till the end of their lives.

Last edited: