Cushings pony - very sad afternoon.

Joyous70

Visit site
MM, there is NOTHING more you could have done. It is a nasty cruel disease. Some horses and ponies just go into this downwards spiral and eventually nothing helps. Sadly I know this from experience. It gets even the 'brightest flames'.

Agree with Watail

Thinking of you

FranLove

New User
Visit site
So Sorry to hear about your Shetland - 22 years of proper loving care is the memories you have to look back on and
the fact that you allowed her to go to ease the obvious pain she was constantly in.

My own Mare, Arab x has just been diagnosed with cushings and is on prescend and I know this might be a choice I have to make,
I have only owned her for two years but I hope to give her a good few years of love and caring yet (she is 20) and I hope, like you , I know when the right time
comes to let her go x x

fatpiggy

Visit site
You should only feel guilty if you had ignored her illness and did nothing. Well done for stepping up to the mark and doing right by her.

ElleCee

Visit site
You should only feel guilty if you had ignored her illness and did nothing. Well done for stepping up to the mark and doing right by her.

Couldn't agree more with the above but nevertheless it's a terrible decision for you to have to have made and you have my sympathies.
Sorry for you and I hope you can take a little comfort from the fact that she is now free from pain.
Kind Regards, Elle x

MagicMelon

Visit site
Thanks everyone, you're all so thoughtful. I still cry every time I see where she was buried :(

I did some horse moving about and my retired competition horse has moved back to my mums to be with my pony again - I'd only moved the horse to mine a month ago so luckily they hadn't forgotten each other at all and both are really happy together again. That left my new horse at mine on her own, so I've taken on a little lead rein pony on a years loan from a friend - something for my young son to ride too. She has settled in well already and my new horse adores her. So all 4 seem pretty content now, so thats one worry that's no longer.