Cyrname

Orangehorse

Visit site
When I was much younger I had a little TB that I used to hunt and event and show jump, he was just an all round horse. It was in the days when there was going to be a special hunt race for anyone. I seriously considered entering, I think it was one circuit of the point to point course, not two. But then I realised that I would be heartbroken if anything happened to him and decided that if I did ever point to point it was going to be with a horse bought just for that purpose and I would have to have a slightly distanced relationship, that he was there to do a job and if something happened that was upsetting and bad luck, but it went with racing. Racing gives the absolute highs of winning, thrills and human and equine courage and guts, but we all know that it comes with heartbreak and tragedy too and if you can't accept that it is best to keep away.

Clodagh

Visit site
I thought Traffic Fluide ran a cracker, and Josh rode him beautifully, they weren't expecting to win and he let him trundle along at his own pace and didn't push him out of his comfort zone. To my eyes he emptied incredibly quickly and I'm not sure Josh would have even thought he should pull him up, he was really making a go of it and then just umph it caught up with him.
I hate seeing horses like Arthur being hit to keep them going early in the race, but mush as I love it I appreicate I'm a bit too sentimental and they are a commodity to many people.
Further to my comments earlier about the National bottoming good horses, the Cyrname v Altior clash must have used so much from those two, it took Altior such a long time to come back and he didn't really beat anything then, although he went like a rocket from the last.

Visit site
I hate seeing them bustled along from the word go too.

Many Clouds went on to win again after his National win, it took him a year to do it but he ran with credit the season after his National win. But then sadly had a heard attack at Cheltenham probably having a harder race than he did in the National. He won the National by 1.5l but had to fight even harder for that Cheltenham race against Thistlecrack to prevail by a head.

Did anyone watch Tiger Roll's race today? For a horse that has only been cantering for a month he ran a cracking race! He still needs to finish in the top 4 of a chase this seasin though to qualify and they are hinging their hopes on the Cross Country race at Cheltenham to provide that final piece of the puzzle.

bonny

Visit site
I hate seeing them bustled along from the word go too.

Many Clouds went on to win again after his National win, it took him a year to do it but he ran with credit the season after his National win. But then sadly had a heard attack at Cheltenham probably having a harder race than he did in the National. He won the National by 1.5l but had to fight even harder for that Cheltenham race against Thistlecrack to prevail by a head.

Did anyone watch Tiger Roll's race today? For a horse that has only been cantering for a month he ran a cracking race! He still needs to finish in the top 4 of a chase this seasin though to qualify and they are hinging their hopes on the Cross Country race at Cheltenham to provide that final piece of the puzzle.
They don’t need to finish in the top four, they just need to run in a chase

Visit site
They don’t need to finish in the top four, they just need to run in a chase

I thought it had changed to finish in the top 4, I read it quickly so probably got it mixed with another rule for the qualifications of the race.

Eta - I did mix it with another one. The horses have to have finished in the first 4 of a chase of 3miles plus at some stage in it's career, not necessarily this season. And have to run in a chase no matter of finishing position this season.

Last edited:

bonny

Visit site
I thought it had changed to finish in the top 4, I read it quickly so probably got it mixed with another rule for the qualifications of the race.
In that case, one for arthur wouldn’t be running or a few others .....it’s just a rule to stop trainers only running in hurdle races to protect their handicap weight.