Dare I say.....Bum bags?

Champion1969

Visit site
Never in a million years would I have thought I would be wanting one ever again. Its the only solution for carrying phones and keys I can think of. What do all other horse riders use?

Arizahn

Visit site
I usually squish my phone into the pocket of my jods, and leave my keys with my husband. I'm rubbish with keys, tbh, so he often ends up minding them! I like your idea though. You could put a folding hoofpick in there too.

<and a sandwich>

3Beasties

Visit site
I use a bum bag too :eek: I need somewhere to keep treats, phone and keys so that seems like the best solution!

Queenbee

Visit site
hey, when I went to america I suddenly really warmed to the idea of a bum bag, and calling it a bum bag... over there they are called fanny bags :eek:

that aside, I dont have one, but quite honestly keep thinking I should... they really are useful!

tankgirl1

Visit site
I'm a bum bagger! As I told my client the other day, as a dog walker I can blame my lack of fashion faux paux and get away with it ;) It's work apparel ;)

GlamourPuss86

Visit site
I have a tiny black one.

It's a god send when I'm on call carrying papers, phones and pens around as well as keys, my own phone and god only knows what else!!

TBH I've gone past the point of caring what it looks like!

AngieandBen

Visit site
I love my bum bag! It has loads of little pockets; I carry keys, phone, bailer twine ( this came in handy when my pony caught his bridle on a low very small gate and panicked, it broke :( ) small swiss knife, plasters, antihistamines ( horse flie bites and me don't mix ) tissues, snack/carrot :) small portion of sudacreme ( for everything! )

cheeryplatypus

Visit site
Glad you posted as I've been looking at running belts. They are really tiny bum bags which will only hold phone, keys and cash. I know as soon as I buy one the weather will change and I'll be back to jackets and pockets again!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Nearly always use a bumbag in the summer. Don't keep my keys in them whilst riding though in case I lose or land on them :) . Handy for horse treats too.

Beware though although practical they can be an unattractive look especially when full as someone kindly pointed out to me the other day :eek:

katastrophykat

Visit site
I have two- a bigger one for endurance rides where I carry all sorts, and it looks really unflattering, especially in winter... All those layers...! The second is much smaller, phone/pack of ten ciggies/money for pub ;) and I occasionally wear it, but a lot of the time it's attached to the breastplate on the horse. I know, I know, if I fall off it goes with the horse (and for that reason I wear it while out on my dementa-welsh!) but it's easy to get to and doesn't bother the horse.

YasandCrystal

Visit site
This thread has made me laugh as my 23 yr old daughter posted photos of her and her bikini clad friends on the beach on holiday all wearing bum bags! :cool: I ribbed her rotten as she would be relentlessly onto me for wearing one just a little while ago. Obviously the fashion has come full circle again. ;) Very useful items.

turkana

Visit site
I bought an arm band from Aldi which holds my phone for the summer.

But I do use a bum bag for hunting, as I have to hack to meets, I attach it to the breast plate & keep my hi viz in it, which I take off at the meet.

Copperpot

Visit site
I have bought some cycling tops as they have a pocket in the back. Just big enough for phone and cigarettes :) can get vest ones too with built in bra :)

Arizahn

Visit site
I love my bum bag! It has loads of little pockets; I carry keys, phone, bailer twine ( this came in handy when my pony caught his bridle on a low very small gate and panicked, it broke :( ) small swiss knife, plasters, antihistamines ( horse flie bites and me don't mix ) tissues, snack/carrot :) small portion of sudacreme ( for everything! )

What make is yours and where can I find one, lol?

slumdog

Visit site
I don't hack but if I go in the fields I usually stuff my phone in my bra, although I don't know if it would survive if I fell off lol!

If I was going on a riding holiday or something I'd probably buy one. I'm sure my mum probably still has a neon one somewhere :D

RockinRudolph

Visit site
I had this exact conversation last week and found a Belstane cooler bag on eBay that attaches to your saddle. Only a couple of quid. I have ordered one but its not arrived yet. Looks big enough for phone, keys and more.

nix123

Visit site

Are you sure you haven't got a ruck sack on the wrong way? lol ;)

I can fit my phone, inhaler, tissue and 1/2 a packet of polos in mine at a push. I want one your size.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Day to day local hacking see's my phone shoved in the pocket of my hi-viz.

Further afield or on box trips out to hack; its bum bag with phone, fags, keys, baler twine, pen-knife, tissues, a small roll of vet-wrap and spare money (must be a left over from girl guide days) - all in different pockets & its still not bulky to wear :)

Have an identical bum bag which holds all my plaiting stuff, great for using as everything is 'there' :)