Dare I say.....Bum bags?

Jenni_

www.facebook.com
urgh no! Phone in pocket of jods, keys left at the yard hidden, and money in pocket / bra. Have been known to stuff hoof pick down side of gaiters.

It was only a few weeks ago my mum was trying to convince me to take one on holiday... I'm 23. Street cred would have been in tatters!

RAF Rider

Visit site
Single rifle or pistol magazine pouch if I really need to carry stuff.. otherwise phone in leg pocket and folding hoof pick in the rear pocket. Just refuse to do clutter.

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I use a hiviz with pockets. I do have a bumbag. North Face did great ones that were comfy and held a lot.

Shame this thread wasn't on earlier, I was in China last week and there were loads of them for peanuts in the markets!

vam

Visit site
I’ve got one of these for when I ride/hack without hi vis.
http://store.karrimor.com/karrimor-audio-belt-764834
It’s really slim so I put my phone in and have it on my back instead of front, you can’t see it with a t shirt or vest top over it. It took me ages to come to terms with the fact I need a bum bag but much prefer the term ‘running belt’ more street cred, just!

Hippona

Visit site
I’ve got one of these for when I ride/hack without hi vis.
http://store.karrimor.com/karrimor-audio-belt-764834
It’s really slim so I put my phone in and have it on my back instead of front, you can’t see it with a t shirt or vest top over it. It took me ages to come to terms with the fact I need a bum bag but much prefer the term ‘running belt’ more street cred, just!

Just ordered one of these.....they're on sale if anyone interested?

noblesteed

Visit site
I've got one, it's an Eastpak one so carries a tiny amount of cred. Got it from TK Maxx. It's really handy - hoofpick, phone, keys, snacks. I don't really care what other people think of it!

UptodateK

Visit site
Bum bag! people laugh at mine but I don't care. it's from a walking / oudoorsy shop and is quite slim with loads of pockets.

Great for phone / keys / clarytin / polos /plaiting bands /anything else I can stuff in.

only downside is the zips have got those little dangly toggles on and the pony has discovered if he grips these with his teeth and pulls them he can open the pockets and get to the polos!

Hoopsa

Visit site
One of my best buys was a tiny zipped pouch (6 inches by 3) which fits on my back protector fastening. It holds my phone, inhaler, car key, folding hoof pick, whistle and an old pair of glasses because I can't see the numbers on the padlock to get back into the yard!

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
I'm a bum bagger! As I told my client the other day, as a dog walker I can blame my lack of fashion faux paux and get away with it ;) It's work apparel ;)

g025.gif
I'm also a bum bagger!

I'm just a dog owner, but as I recall it, it didn't take long after that I got my first bitch many years ago, before I also got my first bum bag. Sometimes when I've needed a new one, they've been so out of fashion that I've had trouble finding a replacement which had the pockets that I need, and didn't look to bad, but I've not been without one since, they're great, I usually have treats, poo bags, a small first aid kit and a map in it, sometimes also keys and wallet, and when the weather is warm, I can hook my doggy travel water bottle + bowl to it. :)

f_2161739.jpg

Holzdweaver

Visit site
i dont but have a clip on little bag i keep my keys, hoofpick, and any money i have on me, while i ride I tuck my phone down the top of my boot or chaps. Hopefully if i fall off i wont be unlucky enough to land on it and smash it rofl

highlandponygirl

Visit site
I have a bumbag. I initially bought it for running as i dont have pockets on my joggy bottoms and i have things i need to have on me, phone, key, inhaler etc. I dont ride atm but will use my bumbag when I start riding again. Its a nice sporty one too, they have come a long way since the bright shellsuit ones :D

dalesponydiva

Visit site
Definitely a "Bum Bag" - bought a couple very cheaply off Ebay. About £3 each. They are fab for inhaler, tissues, phone, folding hoof pick, etc. I wear them as a "Tum Bag" though :) ..

starandgarfy51

Visit site
Well I used to ride with phone in leg of my jods, until my horse did a rather dirty stop, spook and spin! It ended up so far down my leg,I had to fish around for ages to get it out. I tried one of those clip on boot holder thingies and that flew off mid gallop in open field. I crossed over to the dark side and got a bumbag from sports direct. It's not too bad and has little bottle carriers for a drink bottle. When I'm doing endurance rides it's so handy, and I would notice if it was annoying lol!

highlandponygirl

Visit site
Well I used to ride with phone in leg of my jods, until my horse did a rather dirty stop, spook and spin! It ended up so far down my leg,I had to fish around for ages to get it out. I tried one of those clip on boot holder thingies and that flew off mid gallop in open field. I crossed over to the dark side and got a bumbag from sports direct. It's not too bad and has little bottle carriers for a drink bottle. When I'm doing endurance rides it's so handy, and I would notice if it was annoying lol!

I think we might have the same one, though I dont really use the bottles.

Po Knee

Visit site
Noooooo!!! Hi-viz with pockets for me, although I used to have one of those small clip on bags. I often wondered if it were a good idea should I and my horse part company though!

RainbowDash

Visit site
Proud Bum-bagger here :) - Mines a Shires branded one - wear it as a hip-bag - room for phone, cigs, keys, hi-viz vest, pick, cash, cards, raincoat etc.

Don't give a stuff what anyone thinks - its just practical x

mandwhy

Visit site

RedDevlin

Visit site
I got one just last week, a hi-viz karrimor one. It's large enough to hold my phone but also houses a waterbottle. I used to put it in my boot but the combination of it coming out damp everytime from me being so hot and the thought that if I did come a-cropper I'd probably never get it out made me rethink things! :)

bluewhippet

Visit site
Haven't read all the replies, so sorry if I am repeating advice...I bought a bum bag (had to get a leather one to get over the stigma!) and have never used it. I use my hi-vis, has zip up pockets big enough for phone and keys and gloves and probably a lot else.

Talyn

Visit site
I have one! (I don't use it for riding though - phone goes in the pocket of my Hi Viz tabard.) I use it for putting some treats in when catching the horses and I don't have any pockets!