*dashes in* Weekend plans!

rosiesowner

Visit site
CONGRATS mp, hope the weather isn't too bad and that your day is everything you and your OH (now husband!) wanted it to be. Good luck to everyone competing or getting out and about, try not to get blown away...

This morning we did some loading practise with Chilli. She'll follow someone else straight on no problems but can be tricky alone. She's not scared as she'll stand with her front feet on the ramp happy as larry while rattling farm vehicles and lawnmowers go by :rolleyes: She's just so stubborn. So after about 20 minutes of trying, a lovely livery offered us some help as her horse used to be terrible. She used her horse's rope halter and I learned loads about pressure and release and all that kind of stuff. And it worked :D Walked her through the trailer five times, making sure she was being really polite and not rushing through. Really pleased and really grateful that the lady took the time out of her morning to help us. More practise soon I think :)
Now I'm sheltering from the horrible weather with the dogs before I go to fetch the princess from the field and muck her out. Tomorrow I'm going out with mum for the day so will be riding in the morning and Sunday I'm working so will be hopping on afterwards :(

Yesterday she got clipped. I went to the yard intending on a hack and going home but then realised I won't have a chance to clip her before next weekend, when she's supposed to be having her photos taken by my wonderful bloke who is a hobbyist photographer. Hoping we still have some nice orange leaves on the trees by then:D

43753684_1072842079542105_8055137079757111296_o.jpg

43706395_1072842269542086_5902781856511688704_o.jpg

catembi

Visit site
Congrats, MP!

We are hacking tomo, then on Sunday I am hoping to hack to a big comp centre & crack on with some polework. Can't jump too high in a dressage saddle! Hanging in there til payday, then I'll get a jumping saddle :)

zaminda

Visit site
Congrats MP! I'm planning on going xc on Sunday, the 80cm for my lovely little new forest who hasn't jumped much this year until I took him to the Cotswold farm park fun ride the other week and the 90cm on the Irish. Need to buy some new spurs for her as I can only find one and she has a tendency to walk just before and jump from walk when going xc which is less than ideal! She gets better the more she does so would like to team chase her and maybe take her out drag hunting over the winter.

AandK

Visit site
Congrats MP, hope you have a fab day and a lovely honeymoon!

Nothing exciting planned for me, going to pop in the school for the first time in a few weeks (had some time off due to a puffy leg), we're just getting back into the swing of things.

Wheels

Visit site
Congratulations! My Labrador currently showing early signs of labour so think weekend will be puppy sitting then off to Ireland for a few days horse shopping!
Ooh exciting on both counts - not sure I could leave pups even to go horse shopping but where abouts in Ireland are you going?

Puzzled

Visit site
Ooh exciting on both counts - not sure I could leave pups even to go horse shopping but where abouts in Ireland are you going?

8 Black Labrador puppies arrive early hours of this morning! The kitchen will be full between now and Christmas! I’ve got a couple of good contacts in Ireland so doing a fair bit of travelling around....hope the sun comes out!

Chippers1

Visit site
Oh nooo my competition has been postponed! That's the second one in a few weeks, dying to get out again!
Hope it's not too windy for you today!

blood_magik

Visit site
Have a lovely day, MP

We have our area festival final tomorrow - finally cracked the right canter hp today so 🤞🏻we can get it again in our test. Only one to ride before we leave so plenty of time to get Honduraz looking spiffy ☺️

Good luck everyone

Mule

Visit site
I'm doing a bit of dressaging tomorrow. The beast was surprisingly pliable today. I say surprisingly because he was in full mulish mode yesterday. Hopefully his cooperative mood will continue... 🤞

Ceriann

Visit site
Congratulations MP - hope you had a fab day.

Very early lesson for red and me tomorrow as taking my mum out for a birthday lunch. We’re working on counter canter to move up to novice. She was foot perfect in our last lesson so have high hopes we’ll be giving it a go soon.

Mule

Visit site
I will update the thread on our outing tomorrow. Hopefully it goes better than our practice yesterday 🙄

I've actually had an instructor comment on the beast's lack of work ethic 😮. I didn't know horses had work ethics, but there you go.. To be fair his work ethic improves when he sees a jump.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
thanks everyone :) Hope it hasn't been too much of a washout for everyone this weekend. I'm hiding from the rain and packing for our honeymoon :D

we had the most amazing fun day, laughed our heads off for most of it once we'd got the serious stuff out of the way, and even the boring old aunts seemed to enjoy themselves. Our tog just put the sneak peek photos up so we've been laughing and cringing at them in equal measure reliving funny moments :oops::D Ponies are enjoying their holidays to :)

Snowfilly

Visit site
So pleased for you MP!

Had a fab day at the riding school showjumping. One of the older school masters was free, and he's a delight to jump - double clear to win the 90 and double clear to come second in the 95. Kicking myself because I rode a lazy sweeping turn into the planks despite knowing full well he can turn sharply and was beaten by a small bouncy Welsh by less than half a second.

It is so lovely, after years and years of riding novices and horses for other people, to ride one that's schooled to perfection. I had time to think about my position, I was able to ride the stile knowing he wouldn't duck out.

Think I could get used to this riding school masters thing!

Wheels

Visit site
Yesterday was a total washout so no riding but I did get a new riding hat so not a completely useless day. Today was beautiful weather so cleared my haylage storage spot and then had a beautiful hack.

It was a strange experience hat shopping - I was in the tack shop a few weeks ago and tried on what felt like every hat in the shop. I found the perfect fit but they didn't have my colour so they ordered one in for me, same style and size etc but when I went to pick it up it just didn't fit, it sat completely differently on my head. So strange, so back to trying on and ended up with apparently the same fit as I had ordered but in leather look instead of suede. Odd, but very glad I didn't just buy off the internet and was able to find something that works

Mule

Visit site
Did much better than I thought I would at dressage, considering he felt very resistant to rein contact. I got someone else who knows him to ride him and they found him the same, so it's not just me.
Am going to get the dentist out to have a look at him.

He had a mudbath in the field when I brought him home and he looks quite happy with life again 🙂

DressageCob

Visit site
Congrats MP and Puzzled!

I’ve had a quiet weekend. Flat lesson yesterday and visited the poorly pony.

Today I visited the little cob and then had a jump lesson. Well, sort of gymnastics exercises to improve the rideablity of the big cob’s outrageously big canter 😄

Hope everyone’s competitions went well.

Northern

Visit site
Congratulations MP! Enjoy your honeymoon :)

Had some good rides this weekend at the new place, E is mostly settled (and it was her 6th birthday on Saturday!). Time to start doing a bit more with her now she's maturing ;)

The views here a brilliant, the only downside is that we're just a bit far from the beach! I have no transport so might need to beg a lift before we head back home next year.

Hope everyone else had great weekends :)

Attachments

• 43604486_10157634727932316_1622302202460635136_n.jpg
    43604486_10157634727932316_1622302202460635136_n.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 6

Alibear

Visit site
Glad to hear the wedding all went well MP, have a great honeymoon.

I had a great weekend, good lesson but slightly sad that I couldn't canter/lope and couldn't turn, it showed up that yes its me causing the issues. By Saturday morning we had cracked it (more right leg to turn right!) and had our best lopes ever :) Then worked on 1 handed trail in the afternoon, kept getting stuck half way round a 360 turn in the box but got that sussed to. Main key to all issues - I need to use more leg!

Then show yesterday and our work on standing up got noticed for the conformation class, we had a lovely horsemanship run apart from me having a complete mad moment and trying to use my other hand so major fault , but happy as my idiocy can be sorted! Then a really lovely trail run, just not quite smooth enough on some turns so 2nd place.

All that means we got the walk job high point for the year and won a sash :) Great end to a fun show season and I have the winter to learn to lope :) Daisy can do it all so I just need to learn it.

Sash (2).png

Bernster

Visit site
Fantastic outing on Sunday for opening meet with the drag hounds. F loved it, had some cracking gallops, jumped a few little ones, and got a bit wet but didn’t really notice it. Wasn’t sure F was quite fit enough but he was happy to stay out all day and looked all perky when I left him tucking into his hay at the end of the day. Will post a pic when it arrives from the ‘tog.

Reactions: SEL