***Daughter and Dolly.....and Harley!***

redmone

Visit site
Hi everyone!

Sorry it's been a while - well 3 months actually! And what a 3 months!!!

I last updated in October, just before taking Daughter and Dolly to the North West Champs. It was strange time for us that, the best of times and the worst of times. It was sort of like the beginning of the end, in a dramatic emotional sort of way!!!

Dolly was an absolute superstar. It wasn't a big class, but they got through to the evening performance. I'm not used to these long showing days, and tidying plaits up and poshing up children in a dark car park (familiar to some of you no doubt!!) and on a Sunday school night too - not my idea of a party!!! tut!!! However, the lights went down, the music boomed, it was a full house and out trotted my girls. Strutting their stuff like they were made for it. To say I was proud, well, there's just no words.

The spotlight landed on Dolly and she came alive. She was beautiful, powerful and WELL BEHAVED!!!!!! They were turned in 5th and we were more than a little happy with that. :D

Soon after, we started looking for the "next pony". After a couple of false starts, we met Harley. Harley is a 6 year old gelding. A full up 14.2hh showjumper. He's of mixed non specific breeding - but most best guesses are Dartmoor (he has a Dartmoor passport) crossed with some welsh and some warmblood, probably a bit of TB. I do know he was plucked straight off Bodmin Moor as a young lad!! :)

We've had Harley since just before Christmas and Daughter and him are getting on well. Now you all know me well enough by now, to know I'd never over horse Daughter :)p) but he is rather a large step up from our Dolly!!!

They've not been out yet, but Harley is proving to be quite the mover and shaker!! In short he's awesome!!!!

He is THE nicest pony in the stable. Seriously. He's just lovely. The best manners you can imagine and the sweetest thing in the world!!! He is a little nervy and spooky at the moment, but I think we're doing lots with him he's not done before - where he came from didn't have good hacking so that seems quite new to him. But he's got the right building blocks. He's got a huuuuuuuuge jump, like his legs are springs!! The first jumping lesson daughter had they bobbed round a small 90cm ish course!!!

It is a big step up though, and not without it's speed bumps!! Luckily I'm a lot calmer than I used to be! And daughter sticks a lot better than she used to too (thank you Dolly!!!).

Back to Dolly. No doubt you're wondering where she is.

Well she's right here. We kept her!!! After much deliberation, OH put his foot down and stated quite clearly that he could never part with Dolly!!! (yeah I'm THAT lucky!!!) So we've kept them both :D

Dolly is back on working livery, which is she very good at and seems happy too. She is also part loaned by a lovely and very talented little girl, who is the best rider I could have hoped for her (aside from my daughter!). She loves her like she's her own, and the big bonus in all of this is that daughter can continue to care for Dolly, ride her and generally be her No 1 girl forever!!! We're starting shows again with her soon, as we know Dolly is a true party animal and loves to strut!!!

So all is good with us. We're looking forward to getting Harley out too in the coming months. I've booked an arena for an "away day" trial in the next school holidays, so we can test the waters as to how Harley travels and how he performs in a SJ arena before actually taking him to a show. I've had a lovely saddle made for him and he's turning out to be a lovely boy, with the help and lots of support by our lovely livery yard owners and manager, as always.

I have missed you all. I smarted a little after my last thread, and will confess to being a little sensitive, but it was a difficult time for decisions being made. And even four years into being pony owners, we're still learning.

Anyway, who wants photos??? I'd offer you wine too but....yeahhhhhh.....that's all gone :p

AlandDolNWchamps1_zpsb5370218.jpg

Daughter and Dolly at the North West Champs

AlandDolNWChamps3_zpsa343fc07.jpg

Before their classes

AlandDolNWchamps4_zps65ee6756.jpg

Don't ask me why, but I love this photo!!

Bestnewcomer_zps4947480d.jpg

The new boy - Harley

AlandHarley_zps7f77ede7.jpg

Not the best photo....but you get the idea!!!

AlandHarley4_zps732caf87.jpg

Harley

AlandHarleyjump_zps44b4efea.jpg

Did we clear it mum??? :eek:

AlandHarley2_zpsaaf4e308.jpg

Just having fun :)

And lastly....

AlandDol_zps6d0593da.jpg

Always and forever.

I've been on a diet, so I'm a bit short of my usual haribos and cakes!!! I have however found the ben and jerry's ice cream, so who wants some phish food!!! It goes reallllllly well with cheap fizzy pop wine!!!

So I've heard........ :eek:

Love to everyone

RM xxxx

LeannePip

Visit site
phish food please!

i do love updates on your girls and now adding a boy to the mix!

congratulations on the new addition and being able to keep Dolly too!

the picture of the evening performance is just beautiful! i feel proud for you!

can't wait for the next Harley update!

HazyXmas

Visit site
Wow, clever daughter & Dolly. The new boy looks lovely too, i look forward to following their progress. Good luck x

ladyt25

Visit site
Fab date! I remember when you first ventured in to pony ownership and blimey how they have changed! :) Harley looks like a really nice type too so we will be expecting lots more updates! :)

noodle_

Visit site
Thats fab you kept them both!!

loving the newbie - your daughter looks super on him height wise!... - are you stealing harley now and again for a ride?!

redmone

Visit site
Lovely update! All the best with the new boy :)

Thank you xxx

phish food please!

i do love updates on your girls and now adding a boy to the mix!

congratulations on the new addition and being able to keep Dolly too!

the picture of the evening performance is just beautiful! i feel proud for you!

can't wait for the next Harley update!

Phish food is something else isn't it!!! Nom nom! I was so proud at the evening performance. Dolly was just awesome, like she'd been doing it forever. The ponies placed above her looked beautiful, were built better, and "went" better. But NONE behaved as good as she did. I'll remember my girls coming through that curtain forever!!! :)

Wow, clever daughter & Dolly. The new boy looks lovely too, i look forward to following their progress. Good luck x

Thank you! Xxx

Fab date! I remember when you first ventured in to pony ownership and blimey how they have changed! :) Harley looks like a really nice type too so we will be expecting lots more updates! :)

And so it all begins again!!! Lol!!! X

she looks perfect on Harley and so nice of you to be able to keep Dolly too x

Thanks, I have a super soppy OH to thank for keeping dolly :) xxx

Thats fab you kept them both!!

loving the newbie - your daughter looks super on him height wise!... - are you stealing harley now and again for a ride?!

Not on your Nelly!!!! He's waaaay to frisky for me!!! And I'm a good few stone heavier than I'd like to be!!! Although the saddler told me he's a classic child's hunter and a very popular "old school" cross. Everyone who meets him, loves him!!!

Will be a loooooong time before I venture into his saddle!! ; ) x

Just perfect all round :)

Thank you! Xxx

Yay! Have been waiting for this thread very impatiently x

Hahahaha I'll try to update more regulary in future! Been a busy few months! Xxx

What a lovely lovely post to read!! Good luck with Harley, he looks/seems super!

Thank you xxx

Lovely to hear from you again! Harley is lovely :) have you recovered from the soup incident yet :biggrin3:

Not even slighty recovered!!!! Traumatised!!!!!! Glad you like Harley! Xxxx

EventingMum

Visit site
Wow, how your daughter has grown up - she looks great on Harley,hope you have lots of fun! And Dolly, I can see why you are be so proud! I remember the long "jacket" thread, you obviously chose well with the tweed, daughter looks very smart!

alijanem

Visit site
I've been waiting for an update. Congrats on a brilliant achievement at the north west champs, they both look great. Have been wondering if you had bought a new pony or not as we are in the same boat you were when you last wrote. I think it. I think it might be time for my older daughter to move on to a bigger pony -eek!!! Harley looks lovely and hope it all goes well with him. Please keep us updated.

Adopter

Visit site
What a lovely update, Dolly looks so well and smart and great news that you found the right pony for daughter to move onto. Your solution with Dolly sounds just right, glad it has worked out well for you all.

Just enjoy all you and daughter and ponies do, they grow up so fast, and it is lovely to have all those memories to look back on.

trottingon

Visit site
A brilliant (and very overdue) update!! I'm not sure if I've posted on any of your threads before but I have always loved your updates. I'm so glad things are going well for you and daughter, keep up the good work (Harley seems fab!)

TwyfordM

Visit site
Yay so pleased you've kept dolly :D new boy looks lovely too, can just imagine how proud you are of yourself and your daughter for never giving up on dolly :) she turned into an amazing little pony all down to your hard work! Love a happy ending!!

cambrica

Visit site
Fabulous update and photos :) Well done to you and your daughter with Dolly and Harley. What a great way to start the year and wishing you every success as would love to see more updates :)

TGM

Visit site
Wow! Dolly looks amazing now she is fit, slim and sleek! Looks like a totally different pony to when you first got her! New boy looks like a lovely chap too!

babymare

Visit site
Oh Redmone. You sod. Reading your update resulted in eyes filling up. What a lovely post and photos. Im so glad you are keeping Dolly. She obviously is a very loved and apprieciated pony. Loving Harvey and cant wait for more posts. Lovely post x x

debsg

Visit site
Oh Redmone. You sod. Reading your update resulted in eyes filling up. What a lovely post and photos. Im so glad you are keeping Dolly. She obviously is a very loved and apprieciated pony. Loving Harvey and cant wait for more posts. Lovely post x x
Yeah me too! It was the pic at the end with daughter hugging Dolly and the 'always and forever' that got me, lol
Lovely update xx Harley reminds me of my first pony, who was a Dartmoor cross. I hope your daughter has lots of fun with him. Xx

Mrs C

Visit site
Aww I got to the end and admit to a little cry at the last piccie! I so do love hearing your updates and am so pleased you get to keep dolly and have the new boy. Best wishes and keep us updated! X