Daughter had her op yesterday!!!!

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Just an update for anyone following my daughter who fell off the welshie and broke her elbow....

She finally had her operation yesterday, she threw up all the way into hospital through nerves, and was a jibbering wreck! All the staff on the childrens ward were fabulous with her and did their best to reassure her, there was a slight hiccup as she had to wait in the anaesthetic room for 45 mins as they werent ready for her, but they kept her busy and the nurses have filed an incident report on it, not that I kicked up at all. I was allowed to stay while she fell asleep and she was in theatre for over 2 hours while they put all the pieces back together again, apparently it was a nasty break in the joint with a few pieces, then the best part was Katherine1975 (user on here) who is a recovery nurse was there while she came around, so my daughter was thrilled at this! Thanks Katherine!! Turns out my daughter is very hardy and didn't need the morphine overnight, and is very tough according to her nurses, she is now home as am I after a very uncomfortable night on a pull out bed hehe.
She is to go back a week on Thursday for a full cast and wound check, then 2 weeks later for the wires to be removed
Thanks all for the well wishes!!

XX

AprilBlossom

Visit site
Just read previous thread, glad to hear she's recovering well and (from having had a similar op as a child) milking it for all it's worth! I managed to get a Furby, just at the time they were completely the biggest craze ever and sold out all over the shop :D

They did a fab job of pinning and plating my elbow (shattered it) and bar a very faint, very neat, thin scar, you wouldn't know I'd ever damaged it!

Tiffany

Visit site
At least she's got the op out of the way so should be on the road to recovery now. Bless her being ill on the way to hospital.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
glad it all went well and how cool to have Katherine as recovery nurse:) Hope it wasn't too much of an ordeal for you too, never nice seeing your kids in hospital:(

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
Thanks everyone! Yeah wasn't nice, but it's like I told my daughter at 2am this morning, whilst we were being kept awake by some poor disabled boy who had a chest infection and was basically choking all night and having gunk sucked out of his throat and physio at that hour.... there is someone worse off and you have to thank your lucky stars ! She's actually not causing a fuss at all and not asking for pain killers, the main stress for her was the thought of it!

XX

Devonshire dumpling

Visit site
She is actually the rare child who doesn't want a cast, she is very frustrated by it lol.... but yes has picked pink for 2 weeks time! She has decorated her sling with pony stickers hehe.

redmone

Visit site
Get well soon mini dumpling! te worst is Over. Horrible thing for a parent to go through too I was sick whilst my daughter was in theatre! She sounds a tough cookie, bet she bounces back soon!!!! Xxx